Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 9,620

Sgt_Cola

A bit of help with mml code would REALLY help. I'm currently turning the super Mario bros 2 overworld song into mml code, & I need extreme help...

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

randomouscrap98 wrote:

I'm planning on adding bugs and hopefully villagers (villagers will probably be the very last thing). And yes, I was also thinking about a Pokemon style fishing system, as that would be closer to the real Animal Crossing style than the others. Hmm...

randomouscrap98, your Idea is Great! iv'e always wonder about a Pokémon styled petit computer game (system)...

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

& can somebody tell me how they learned BASIC so well? I need a "good" learning source to be able to create a reasonable program...
PS.
What did the "TALK" command in the Japanese version of petit computer do? what was program 13 like? & what was the 6th game like?

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

bluerobin2 wrote:

@randomouscrap98 Thank you. I have checked the manual, but my computer doesn't let me search pdf files. It is a pain to find what I am looking for. At least the DS version is indexed...
ah, oh well; Thanks again!

Solution: use "PTC Utilities" to search the files. Its a PC utility that allows you to make chr, scr, grp, prg files & more! it also allows you to make qr codes so you can make sprites on the computer & show them in petit computer for looking at, editing & using them in your game!

Sgt_Cola

steriaca

Petithead wrote:

PS.
What did the "TALK" command in the Japanese version of petit computer do? what was program 13 like? & what was the 6th game like?

The TALK series of comands alowed the program to do just that...say something. You could NOT change the voice, and it only used the kanatana writing system for speach, but it worked well. As I was told, it was removed for the US because SmileBloom could not get the copyright for it (as it was held by another, seperate company than the main program and the QR reader). It also would of been a bi*** to reprogram for english letters.

As for sample program 13 and game 6, I realy don't know.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Sgt_Cola

steriaca wrote:

Petithead wrote:

PS.

The TALK series of commands allowed the program to do just that...say something. You could NOT change the voice, and it only used the kanatana writing system for speech, but it worked well. As I was told, it was removed for the US because SmileBloom could not get the copyright for it (as it was held by another, separate company than the main program and the QR reader). It also would of been a bi*** to reprogram for English letters.

As for sample program 13 and game 6, I really don't know.

Thanks! I kinda thought that the Japanese version didn't have The input command & instead was called the "Talk" command & had used the "Talk" command for making an interactive game (Both commands are interactive allowing you to give commands).
PS.
Were did you learn to program basic? I kind of need some help with programming... it would be GREAT if you told me how/ were you learned BASIC

Sgt_Cola

randomous

Errr I learned on the TI calculators about 6 years ago, and I think that tutorial is long gone haha. Plus, it probably wouldn't be very helpful in this context. Some people like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XErI4XnLBkk . I've never seen his stuff, so I'm not a good judge of how helpful he is. That's about all I know about Petit Computer BASIC tutorials, sorry.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Sgt_Cola

randomouscrap98 wrote:

Errr I learned on the TI calculators about 6 years ago, and I think that tutorial is long gone haha. Plus, it probably wouldn't be very helpful in this context. Some people like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XErI4XnLBkk . I've never seen his stuff, so I'm not a good judge of how helpful he is. That's about all I know about Petit Computer BASIC tutorials, sorry.

Im either guessing Auqafrog8 or petit professer
EDIT: IT WAS PETIT PROFESSER!

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Petithead wrote:

randomouscrap98 wrote:

Im either guessing Auqafrog8 or petit professer
EDIT: IT WAS PETIT PROFESSER!

Ive seen him, but I don't watch his videos ALOT

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

bluerobin2 wrote:

@randomouscrap98 Thank you. I have checked the manual, but my computer doesn't let me search pdf files. It is a pain to find what I am looking for. At least the DS version is indexed...
ah, oh well; Thanks again!

Added you as a friend along with morphtroid

Sgt_Cola

Gimmemorecoinz

Petithead wrote:

steriaca wrote:

Petithead wrote:

PS.

The TALK series of commands allowed the program to do just that...say something. You could NOT change the voice, and it only used the kanatana writing system for speech, but it worked well. As I was told, it was removed for the US because SmileBloom could not get the copyright for it (as it was held by another, separate company than the main program and the QR reader). It also would of been a bi*** to reprogram for English letters.

Thanks! I kinda thought that the Japanese version didn't have The input command & instead was called the "Talk" command & had used the "Talk" command for making an interactive game (Both commands are interactive allowing you to give commands).
PS.
Were did you learn to program basic? I kind of need some help with programming... it would be GREAT if you told me how/ were you learned BASIC

I can help you learn basic but it's not easy. There's a few things I still don't know about petit computer we can start you off really simple. There's alot of good resources on the web the reason people aren't responding to your question is probably because they think that you should just go google it yourself and find more info. Google "Petit computer tutorial" or "Petit computer programming tutorials"
THere is a commands index inside of Petit Computer which is inside the help button which you can use to read about how commands are supposed to be used. This may seem a bit upsetting to hear but if you're very new to programming you should at first lower your expectations and come to a very basic understanding of what programming is and what it means. You understand the code causes the game or program to function but developing that first step requires a very deep complex comprehension of the syntax you are working with. So it's advisable that you start with baby steps and learning to program with commands such as print and goto and gosub and return and input.

Those are the first steps, then you can learn to begin to work with graphics as well. If you have any specific questions about how to do something inside of petit computer like how to move a sprite or how to set a sprites position or how to make a menu you can also search the thread for those topics or for topics containing that information. It's really easy and when i realized I could do that I went oh facepalm.

If you want to ask more specific questions then you can speak to me or send me a personal message and I'll help any way I can.
I don't do swapnote alot but I do have it my friend code is posted on here somewhere but I already have five contacts and I'm trying to only add people who I know will stick around and my friend so if you want to add me you can go ahead but you'll need to tell me some more about yourself first so I can get to know you better. Like your interests and what you like to do. I don't expect personal information however.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Sgt_Cola

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Petithead wrote:

steriaca wrote:

Petithead wrote:

PS.

PS.

I can help you learn basic but it's not easy. There's a few things I still don't know about petit computer we can start you off really simple. There's alot of good resources on the web the reason people aren't responding to your question is probably because they think that you should just go google it yourself and find more info. Google "Petit computer tutorial" or "Petit computer programming tutorials"
THere is a commands index inside of Petit Computer which is inside the help button which you can use to read about how commands are supposed to be used. This may seem a bit upsetting to hear but if you're very new to programming you should at first lower your expectations and come to a very basic understanding of what programming is and what it means. You understand the code causes the game or program to function but developing that first step requires a very deep complex comprehension of the syntax you are working with. So it's advisable that you start with baby steps and learning to program with commands such as print and goto and gosub and return and input.

Those are the first steps, then you can learn to begin to work with graphics as well. If you have any specific questions about how to do something inside of petit computer like how to move a sprite or how to set a sprites position or how to make a menu you can also search the thread for those topics or for topics containing that information. It's really easy and when i realized I could do that I went oh facepalm.

If you want to ask more specific questions then you can speak to me or send me a personal message and I'll help any way I can.
I don't do swapnote alot but I do have it my friend code is posted on here somewhere but I already have five contacts and I'm trying to only add people who I know will stick around and my friend so if you want to add me you can go ahead but you'll need to tell me some more about yourself first so I can get to know you better. Like your interests and what you like to do. I don't expect personal information however.

Adding you! THWINK! wait, can you post it? As in, right now? I play 3ds ALOT

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

I found it, but its incorrect... Also, try out "HACKED"
PS. I don't like talking about personal stuff. it makes me feel weird

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Gimmemorecoinz

Petithead wrote:

I found it, but its incorrect... Also, try out "HACKED"
PS. I don't like talking about personal stuff. it makes me feel weird

btw my name on there is Rain.
my friend code is: 3969-4327-055

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Sgt_Cola

Ok, Im going to release the god glitch. RULES:
-No stealing source codes
-No preforming any inappropriate actions (E.G Offensive language/swearing/cursing, threatening, sexual content ec.)
-No hacking games non official games (meaning only hacking sample games)
How to:
1. Goto "Wright program"
2. type LOAD "[Insert program name here]"
3. type "RUN"
4. start game & press select OR exit
You can now look within the source codes of any games you want! (NO GAMES MADE BY THE PUBLIC)
Good things:
-Allowing you to look for specific variables & commands used for parts of a program/game
-If a game is WAY TOO similar to another/yours, you can look for parts of a program stolen STRAIGHT out of yours (meaning if you didn't release the source code, & the permission, to use the lines of code of yours, & they put it in there game, you have permission to report them to this thread...
Have fun!

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

I see your playing dream radar, Rain!
& Morphtroid is online!

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Imma gonna play petit computer

Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Also, try out the god glitch & hacked

Sgt_Cola