DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 2,001 to 2,020 of 9,499

AuthorMessage
Avatar

justlink

2,001. Posted:

@swordx did you get my game

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

2,002. Posted:

justlink wrote:

@swordx did you get my game

I'm not really a fan of text based games...They kinda bore me...Sorry. :(

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

justlink

2,003. Posted:

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

@swordx did you get my game

I'm not really a fan of text based games...They kinda bore me...Sorry. :(

thats not my text game, its my facebook petit computer app

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

2,004. Posted:

justlink wrote:

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

@swordx did you get my game

I'm not really a fan of text based games...They kinda bore me...Sorry. :(

thats not my text game, its my facebook petit computer app

I don't know anyone IRL that has Petit Computer...

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

steriaca

2,005. Posted:

Humm... right now, I am full of ideals I KNOW I have no ability to even start on. So, without any pause, hear are some of them. Feal free to let the ideals inspier you, or not.

1) Evil Eyes: Imagian "Galaga" meets "Arnankoid". You avoid enimie fire and launch a ball at the enimie (which are all the Evil Eyes of the game name). Lose a ball = lose a life. Get hit by enimie fire = lose a life. Get hit by enimie = lose a life.

2) Mugan Armada: Fly around and shoot enimie ships. You only have one ship, and your only 'score' is a timer, which keeps track of how long your playing. No official bosses. Just enimie ships big and small.

3) Fetcher: A platform game. Get the object your sweetie asks for and bring it to her. Warning...this is easyer said than done.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmSpike

2,006. Posted:

@bluerobin2 STR$(variable)

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

2,007. Posted:

steriaca wrote:

Humm... right now, I am full of ideals I KNOW I have no ability to even start on. So, without any pause, hear are some of them. Feal free to let the ideals inspier you, or not.

1) Evil Eyes: Imagian "Galaga" meets "Arnankoid". You avoid enimie fire and launch a ball at the enimie (which are all the Evil Eyes of the game name). Lose a ball = lose a life. Get hit by enimie fire = lose a life. Get hit by enimie = lose a life.

2) Mugan Armada: Fly around and shoot enimie ships. You only have one ship, and your only 'score' is a timer, which keeps track of how long your playing. No official bosses. Just enimie ships big and small.

3) Fetcher: A platform game. Get the object your sweetie asks for and bring it to her. Warning...this is easyer said than done.

All of those seem easy to program. For the third game, platformers are fairly easy to program, but the engine takes a while to make.

Not to be rude, but I think that you meant enemy. Sorry for correcting you...That misspell was bugging me...

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hamjam00

2,008. Posted:

im working on a simple Pitfall port for ptc and i want to know how to make the character move left/right using a variable "X" what command can i declare this variable with? like:
IF BUTTON==4 THEN X=-5
IF BUTTON==8 THEN X=+5

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter: zombeesoft

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

2,009. Posted:

Hamjam00 wrote:

im working on a simple Pitfall port for ptc and i want to know how to make the character move left/right using a variable "X" what command can i declare this variable with? like:
IF BUTTON==4 THEN X=-5
IF BUTTON==8 THEN X=+5

When it comes to movement, I like to use "IF BTRIG==# THEN X=X+S where" where S is speed and # is the button number. You can use BUTTON, but I prefer BTRIG in this situation.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

2,010. Posted:

@justlink, i think it's really impressive! i don't know anyone irl who has PTC, but from what i played around with, i was impressed that you were able to do THAT with PTC. great job!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hamjam00

2,011. Posted:

swordx wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

im working on a simple Pitfall port for ptc and i want to know how to make the character move left/right using a variable "X" what command can i declare this variable with? like:
IF BUTTON==4 THEN X=-5
IF BUTTON==8 THEN X=+5

When it comes to movement, I like to use "IF BTRIG==# THEN X=X+S where" where S is speed and # is the button number. You can use BUTTON, but I prefer BTRIG in this situation.

Thanks, I'll credit you for that loc

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter: zombeesoft

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

2,012. Posted:

Hamjam00 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

im working on a simple Pitfall port for ptc and i want to know how to make the character move left/right using a variable "X" what command can i declare this variable with? like:
IF BUTTON==4 THEN X=-5
IF BUTTON==8 THEN X=+5

When it comes to movement, I like to use "IF BTRIG==# THEN X=X+S where" where S is speed and # is the button number. You can use BUTTON, but I prefer BTRIG in this situation.

Thanks, I'll credit you for that loc

Thanks!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

2,013. Posted:

swordx wrote:

HAPPY EASTER!!!-almost

I'm going to upload the QR codes for Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters tonight. It isn't what it originally was going to be. I got sick of programming it because programming the sequel is much more, so I ended up rushing it. There are less sidequests than planned, the last boss has no specific moves, one character has a different move set than I had planned, the amory (which was for giving party members some gear) isn't open, the mayor does nothing in the game except for telling you that he's the mayor, there are only 12 floors (15 were planned), most enemies don't have an enemy-specific move, and there is no final-final epic boss.

I'm sorry that I cut so much. However, the final floor DOES have a VERY special enemy. Hopefully the earlier release of this game and its sequel will make you feel better.


Someone asked if there was anyone here under 14. I'm almost 14. Although I'm unsure as to why you'd care...

I can't wait for it! Its ok that you cut off some stuff!

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

2,014. Posted:

@Phillip thanks! My contest entry is really close to completion. Should I trust you guys to not copy me in any way and release the qrs now?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

2,015. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

HAPPY EASTER!!!-almost

I'm going to upload the QR codes for Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters tonight. It isn't what it originally was going to be. I got sick of programming it because programming the sequel is much more, so I ended up rushing it. There are less sidequests than planned, the last boss has no specific moves, one character has a different move set than I had planned, the amory (which was for giving party members some gear) isn't open, the mayor does nothing in the game except for telling you that he's the mayor, there are only 12 floors (15 were planned), most enemies don't have an enemy-specific move, and there is no final-final epic boss.

I'm sorry that I cut so much. However, the final floor DOES have a VERY special enemy. Hopefully the earlier release of this game and its sequel will make you feel better.


Someone asked if there was anyone here under 14. I'm almost 14. Although I'm unsure as to why you'd care...

I can't wait for it! Its ok that you cut off some stuff!

I didn't cut some stuff, I cut A LOT of stuff. The final boss was GOING to be part real-time! lol I had big plans!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmSpike

2,016. Posted:

@bluerobin2 You're welcome. And of course! Why not?

Man. I really wish I was actually ABLE to make something for the contest. Hm, maybe my Rock Paper Scissors game might do it...
Oh yeah, speaking of which, since I released my game I added a high score function. Sorry I've been keeping it to myself. Might update the QRs on the wiki when I'm not lazy.

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

2,017. Posted:

I may have forgotten to upload my game last night...oops...I'll try to remember today.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

justlink

2,018. Posted:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

@justlink, i think it's really impressive! i don't know anyone irl who has PTC, but from what i played around with, i was impressed that you were able to do THAT with PTC. great job!

thanks. Hopefully, more dsi and 3ds users get ptc. I didn't really go advanced, and the passwrd things a bit glitch, but i hope everyone who got it will reply about. It took me a week to make it (2 months if you include learning the code).

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

2,019. Posted:

@Swordx when do you think you'll post the QR codes for Dungeon Adventure:Cave of Monsters?

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

justlink

2,020. Posted:

@hairmanban19
did you get my game. if you did, did you like it

Edited on by justlink

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks