Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 9,620

swordx

justlink wrote:

will you release a demo. And i say majoras mask. i loved it on wiis virtual console

i have also finished my first app. its called petitbook. it allows you save posts and friends and send messages over it(limited to ds wireless play, srry)

I won't release a demo. Also, it isn't MM. Sorry. I'll give you one more guess with some clarification: it will be from a 2D game.

swordx

Justlink

theres links adventure, a link to the past, minish cap, and 4 swords. Minish cap my guess

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

swordx

justlink wrote:

theres links adventure, a link to the past, minish cap, and 4 swords. Minish cap my guess

There are more 2D games. Sorry, but Minish Cap is incorrect. I guess you'll find out once I release the game and the update! I may be a little bit more open about the game...I want at least one surprise.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

justlink wrote:

You forgot about Links Awakening!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

hairmanban19 wrote:

justlink wrote:

You forgot about Links Awakening!

There's also the original Zelda, and some might consider the DS games to be 2D.

swordx

Justlink

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

There are more 2D games. Sorry, but Minish Cap is incorrect. I guess you'll find out once I release the game and the update! I may be a little bit more open about the game...I want at least one surprise.

no. be like nintendo and wait till last minute to tell us

swordx

justlink wrote:

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

no. be like nintendo and wait till last minute to tell us

Nintendo does that for a good reason: They don't want to make empty promises, which is something that I've done with Dungeon Adventure.

swordx

steriaca

@bluerobin : I have a funny ideal for the story for Battlewood. I decided to tell the board, cause it is too wordy for Snapnotes.

The world of Battlewood only has one monster origanaly, a lonly Lich named Charlie. Charlie was a Level 49 Lich, but is traped by a door which only alowes someone through who's level is 50 or above. So, Charlie, wishing for friends, casted a spell which turns Copper Pieces into monsters. Since CPs are the only form of monie on Battlewood, eveyone paniced.

Enter the player charater, a lone archer forced into slaying monsters and turning them back into CP for the good of the Battlewood ecomidy.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Pixelrobin

@sterica ... okaaay. You might want to work on spelling or typing slower though . I think I will take ideas from all contributers and I cannot promise anyone that I will use everything in their stories. But, great idea! keep 'em comin'! Right now on prit computer I am trashing my original very boring story and adding a new one, along with more dialogue. It will be based on all of your ideas. And don't be scared to go crazy with this, Heck, he could get kicked by a purple monkey and fly to space where he fights annpying pop-tart kittins! [pauses] Anyways, some other projects that I am working on include a Virtual Glitter program (Don't ask) and a custom keyboard (Well a number keyboard. I got lazy DONT JUDGE ME). Other than petit computer, I am working on a PC creeper tower defense game and an Os called micrOS. micrOS will be kind of like a dock on the mac computers.

And I have a question. how do I load a file using a string variable?? (Oh yeah, I'm making a MEM hacking program).

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Justlink

do you mean like saving something like this
'save
mem$=string$
save "mem:string"

'load
load "mem:string"
string$=mem$

thats what i used.

bigdog00

I am on Petit computer right now, just finishing... CincOS! I will need 10-15 minutes, and I will upload the files (THE ACTUALL LINK THIS TIME) for you all. I Hate Windows b/c I can't get ptcutiluties to work correctly so I will (AGAIN...) Upload the raw files for it. One major addition for CincOS is the 2nd Gui/Sprite based Desktop! Currently, there are 4 Different OS' inside Cincos Platinum... Sound like too much? Ahh, anyway, slide the Stylus all the way to the right side of the touch screen to activate the timer. If the timer is greater than... I think it was 2 seconds... and your stylus is still on the side, it will take you to the 2nd GUI/Sprite Desktop. Also, It requires that you do the setup again to add your username for the system to use when I add games compatible with CincOS. Press and hold down "R" Untill the verrrrrrryyyyy end of the boot sequence. Keep it pressed untill it says "Loading Extentions...". Then tap it 2 times (The "R" Button) and it will ask you all the stuff. One other way to do it is to go to the desktop>M-Tool (Multi-Tool)>Terminal ("Y" Button)>Type "SUDO CINCOS-CONFIG". Sorry for the long post! Link will be up in a few min.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@justlink I mean load something using a string instead of a specific file name. I want to make it so the user enters a string via INPUT and it loads the file. Thanks anyway.

bigdog00

bluerobin2 wrote:

@justlink I mean load something using a string instead of a specific file name. I want to make it so the user enters a string via INPUT and it loads the file. Thanks anyway.

INPUT "What is the name of the file to load";LOAD$
LOAD "MEM:"+LOAD$
IF !RESULT THEN GOTO @(Whatever)

OK Sorry Everyone for the (AGAIN!) minor inconvenience, but Go to "http://www.mediafire.com/" then search for a folder called "New CincOS". There you should find all the files for it. Also one more warning for CincOS, I reccomend, unless you like hearing the click of the keyboard while typing, That you leave it on silent mode. Check the icon in the top left corner in the status bar "The bar that displays your username as well" and make sure it's on silent. Thanks!

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@bigdog00 thanks! I'll make the qrs for you.

Pixelrobin

Ok here it is: (The link went to the CHR:OPPLE I hope that is what you wanted...)
(click to enlarge, then enlarge again)
Untitled

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Hamjam00

For the contest, I have decided what I'll enter. Its a game called PetitFish. You use the stylus to send your cast out. To reel in, tap the A button repeatedly. If you don't keep pressing in an amount of time, the fish escapes. It will (probably) have two modes- classic and shrimping. I know a LOT of my projects never get released (or even developed)
but this will be definite. I PROMISE!!!!
PS I am still working on OaSis, so be patient! It will be awesome!

Edited on by Hamjam00

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@bigdog00 Sure ill be glsd to!

Prof_Clayton

I have a quick question, does anyone know of a good tutorial to this? I know the basics from experimenting around, like printing words, basic loops and the like. The actual webpage is unfortunately in Japanese, and there don't seem to be any completely translated english versions. Any help is appreciated! :3
And one other question, what do you need to type for notes at the beginning of coding? I know you can make a box with a title, notes, etc. in it, but is it / .... / like C++, or something else? (A multi-line note is what I'm referring to).

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic