Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 9,620

bigdog00

I need help. Does anyone know how to make it look like you are on the top of a tower in first person?

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

swordx

Hale-Bopp wrote:

Smileboom is running another contest and this time they have an english page for it: http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/co_contest/english-p2.php

That looks pretty cool! But is it just for bragging rights? I don't really like the theme...I put a lot of work into my games, and they're all over a minute... Also, I looked at the form, and I'm not exactly sure what they want.

swordx

Hale-Bopp

Sounds like you can just create whatever you want (game, app, whatever) based around the theme "Enjoyable enough in 1 minute" with the due date being April 30, 2013, 15:00(UTC+9). And yeah, it sounds like it's just for bragging rights and a spotlight on their website.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

Discostew

If I were able to finish my game by Apr 30, I doubt it would be eligible for the contest, considering it is a port of an existing game.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Hale-Bopp

Discostew wrote:

If I were able to finish my game by Apr 30, I doubt it would be eligible for the contest, considering it is a port of an existing game.

On the form page, it makes some kind of reference to "original work" so you're probably right about that. It's probably safe to assume that they're only interested in original work.

Here's a google translation from Submissions portion of the form page:
"Unpublished work is (*), work to recruit in the interest Puchikon Daiki, you will be limited to those of the applicant's own original creations were."

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

Justlink

that sounds cool. Right now im experimenting with auto matic sprite movements. I have a 30 second video done already. I could add to it

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Eel

I have been busy with other things (other games and real-lifey stuff) so I haven't used Petit Computer in some time.

Thought right now I'm thinking about making a small game for the contest. Who knows?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ramstrong

Hale-Bopp wrote:

Smileboom is running another contest and this time they have an english page for it: http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/co_contest/english-p2.php

Thank you for posting this. One minute, eh? So, more like Tetris or Bejeweled? I'm in! It's too bad that only unpublished work can enter, or I'll enter my Lotto Number Picker. That one was one minute.

I wonder who else is considering Petit Computer Minute video. I can think of a few topics to do.

Ah, well, I'll probably either do Reversi, or maybe Code Cracker/Mastermind program. Either that, or that Paint Drying app looks rather promising!

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

bigdog00

Who says I'm not trying? I am probably going to release my new FPS for the contest. I also am working on it with my Step Bros. and it is actually decent. I need two things though. 1. How do I make it look like you are on top of a tower and 2. How do I do X,Y,and Z coordinates? Once I get help with the X, Y, and Z coordinates, I will add a vehicle. Is there any mathmatical formula that I can use to control the level using the X, Y, and Z coordinates, or do I have to hard code it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ramstrong

I don't know what you mean by looking like you are on top of a tower, but if you mean isometric projection, then
given X,Y,Z
SX=X+(DX*Z): SY=Y-(DY*Z)

SX,SY=screen X,Y
DX,DY= isometric ratio of DX/DY
Y is subtracted because 0 is top of screen.

EDIT:
If you want perspective
SX=X/Z: SY=Y/Z
Yes, it's that simple!

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

bigdog00

ramstrong wrote:

I don't know what you mean by looking like you are on top of a tower, but if you mean isometric projection, then
given X,Y,Z
SX=X+(DX*Z): SY=Y-(DY*Z)

SX,SY=screen X,Y
DX,DY= isometric ratio of DX/DY
Y is subtracted because 0 is top of screen.

Thank you SOOOO MUCH! But how do I control the X, Y, and
Z? That is my only thing. how do I make it look like the person is jumping/falling?

ramstrong

bigdog00 wrote:

Z? That is my only thing. how do I make it look like the person is jumping/falling?

It depends on how you do your axis. In isometric, usually X=RIGHT, Y=UP, Z=DEPTH. So, the usual top-down playfield XY becomes XZ. Jumping will be reflected by Y axis.

Petit Computer Journal

bigdog00

ramstrong wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

It depends on how you do your axis. In isometric, usually X=RIGHT, Y=UP, Z=DEPTH. So, the usual top-down playfield XY becomes XZ. Jumping will be reflected by Y axis.

Thanks! I will release that in a couple of weeks with CincOS. Again, Thank You Soooooo Much! That is one of the things that has driven me crazy forever!

Justlink

im stuck. im making a mario like game, but whenever i move my character, he goes up, wat do i do? the code im using is for moving left is SPOFS 0,X-Y,20,0

Hairmanban19

justlink wrote:

im stuck. im making a mario like game, but whenever i move my character, he goes up, wat do i do? the code im using is for moving left is SPOFS 0,X-Y,20,0

Try SPOFS O,X-16,Y,60

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Justlink

hey guys, i just finished a facebook like app, but i need to add to it. can you connect petit computer games to the internet or use them over multiple systems by connecting them

swordx

justlink wrote:

hey guys, i just finished a facebook like app, but i need to add to it. can you connect petit computer games to the internet or use them over multiple systems by connecting them

I don't think Petit Computer can connect to the internet...Sorry.

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic