Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 9,620

swordx

steriaca wrote:

bluerobin2 wrote:

@Swordx, pardon the irony, what is dungeon adventure? Do you have a demo or screenshots?

Well, I am not Swordx, but prehaps I can answer the questions.

Dungon Adventure 1: What I have played of it in it's demo phase is a maze game/rpg (basicly an expantion of one of the sample games which came with the Petit Computer). There are more options and such, and boss fights, but in a nutshell, it is a third dimention maze game (note, third dimention does not mean in 3d).

Dungon Adventure 2: What it has been told, it is a Metroid/Castivania style RPG (Metro-vania?), where you jump on platforms, slash at monsters, find switches to open doors, ect, ect, ect. I haven't played the demo yet.

Your description of Dungeon Adventure is pretty good, but #2 is off. #2 is more of a Zelda-type game.

swordx

bigdog00

boot wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

boot wrote:

I want CINCOS os so much! I watched the youtube vie part 1 and 2 please post qrs soon!

Well, go back a couple pages in the forums and you will find a link I posted. It has the download for the programs themselves, as my Windows computer blue screened and I could not generate QR codes. If you have PTC utilities, you can just generate these yourself. Sorry for the inconvenience.

is there any other way to get it,I don't know how to use ptc utilities.

And thanks for actually caring. Would anyone use it if I added... Wait for it... A cloud? It would always save 1 duplicate of the file you just received (unless you disable it) and therefore you would always have a backup. Also, I am making it so you can choose your default Text-editor (yes, I have added another VERY BASIC one that saves under slots instead of as full named files, but if you select a different MEM: file, it will open as normal, in the new one, called Jotter). Anyone interested?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

portealmario wrote:

BTW, making an os insn't a beginner project that someone makes because they don't know enough to make a real program. Real OS's are very complex, and take a very long time to make. A good os for petit computer would take alot more than a menu that takes you to other programs and has a few mini-games and mini-tools in it (like CINCOS). To make a true petit computer os, you need to completely chame the system. No offence to people who tried to make os's, I tried it too once. Sorry for the long post, I just want to see someone take os's seriously, and try to make a real one.

Well, take this into consideration. Before you try to knock down my OS, how 'bout you try it first. I added encryption to the email/message client, made it so you can make custom themes, and added an office-type thing. I need to fix some things, but it's not one of those cheap little "press A to open tristones! Type 2 to go back to the main menu!" Mine at least has a GUI and doesn't require you to Type everything to open other applications. Instead, it requires that you mouse over, and then click it by pressing the L trigger. It is decent so please try it before. (if you criticize it constructively, thats ok with me) sorry if this sounded mean.

Edited on by bigdog00

KAHN

question: how do i create and save MML music?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Eel

steriaca wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Making fan games is completely ok since you can't make money off this anyway.

Are you shure? Thay may be companys which are extremly tight about there copyrights. Just because your not makeing any monie off of it DOSEN'T mean thay can't sue you for it. Just be warned!

Of course, you could say it is a homage or parody, but then would have to prove it somehow in a court of law.

Or you can move to Tiwan.

Huh don't worry about these kinds of things, you're just using a "programmable toy" of sorts. It's almost like... A kid drawing Mario.

Nobody will sue us if our programs use copyrighted characters or themes because (and I don't want to sound harsh) nobody with the power to do anything about it cares about our programs.

Of course, if you start advertising yourself or start winning money off that, then you may be asking to get in trouble.

I'm not telling you to do it (using your own ideas is always good), but it is not truly important if anyone does it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LittleKing

steriaca wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Making fan games is completely ok since you can't make money off this anyway.

Are you shure? Thay may be companys which are extremly tight about there copyrights. Just because your not makeing any monie off of it DOSEN'T mean thay can't sue you for it. Just be warned!

Of course, you could say it is a homage or parody, but then would have to prove it somehow in a court of law.

Or you can move to Tiwan.

You might as well be worried about using Sonic in a WarioWare DIY microgame. :x

LittleKing

portealmario

@bigdog00 well, I did make one. It did have a mouse. I wasn't really even talking about your os, just all of them in general. I don't really see how e-mail could be useful though, I mean, to send/receive files you need to be pretty close, and at that proximity, you might as well talk. Can you explain it to me?

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

KAHN

how do i run programs made with PTC Utilities?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

IAmSpike

Hello folks, I am back from wherever I came from, complete with a brand spanking new VVVVVV avatar. What's been going on? Is there any new updates to PFarm? I'll go digging through the thread... see you later.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

bigdog00

portealmario wrote:

@bigdog00 well, I did make one. It did have a mouse. I wasn't really even talking about your os, just all of them in general. I don't really see how e-mail could be useful though, I mean, to send/receive files you need to be pretty close, and at that proximity, you might as well talk. Can you explain it to me?

Sure. How it works is like this:
Type up the message.
Save the message
Send the message (3-65 feet)
go to the menu
wait and receive a message

You could also generate a Mass IM-Mail message by typing it, renaming it, and posting it right here. (I know its kinda pointless). I'm in a spot where it's useful b/c my step Bros. on both sides use CincOS, especaily for the Mail feature, and when I'm at @hamjam00's house, we sometimes use it. Also, it was partaily a test just to see if I could encrypt the message into 8ths (in the new platinum edition). And, sorry for being a "wilford brimley" butt. Either way, it was a sucessfull test for encryption that in the next Bi-weekly release, will be used in PPO. My thought process for IM-Mail was more for personal use ( being with 4 other kids in one house and trying to talk to one is a pain in the @$-! ) sorry about my "bad language"

Edited on by bigdog00

swordx

undead_terror wrote:

Did anyone make a shooter or fighting game yet?

There hasn't been a fighter yet. However, top down shooters are extremely common.

swordx

Undead_terror

swordx wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

There hasn't been a fighter yet. However, top down shooters are extremely common.

Any zombie ones? would be nice if someone made a smash bros clone.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

IAmSpike

undead_terror wrote:

swordx wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

Yes, steriaca made a text-based game called Zombie Horde where you kill zombies and stuffs.

ChangeV wrote:

if we know the region(JP or US) of petit computer, we can add dual language support (such as RPG dialogue or menu) and game automatically selects proper language at start up.

There are 2 simple ways to check the region of Petit computer/puchicon.
[rest of post]

Yay

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

bigdog00

undead_terror wrote:

swordx wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

I tried an FPS but pretty much failed. "HALODS Gameplay" look that up on youtube. it basically suck s/ed

bigdog00

undead_terror wrote:

swordx wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

I tried an FPS but pretty much failed. "HALODS Gameplay" look that up on youtube. it basically suck s/ed. However, I am making another FPS with my step bro. that is actually DECENT.

portealmario

Can someone suggest a project for me to try out? I haven't made much, so I need to start on something. Also, I'm not good with sprites yet.

meng 😐

portealmario

How do you make an fps? Are you using trig?

meng 😐

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic