Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 9,620

Hamjam00

does anyone have OaSis pre-release yet? what do you think so far?
p.s. in the future there will be a japanese language pack (april, as i am currently learning japanese)

Edited on by Hamjam00

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

Pixelrobin

Hamjam00 wrote:

does anyone have OaSis pre-release yet? what do you think so far?

Nope. I will get the finished version though

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

kvandenb

Morphtroid wrote:

Only gosub is provided for something like that.

As far as I know...

Hey Morphtroid,
I had thought so. It seems then like you'd need to maintain a special set of variables in your program just to serve as placeholders for your function arguments. But that's kinda cool too. It reminds me of assembly language programming with the small set of registers one had to keep track of

Kevin Vandenbreemen

kvandenb

Discostew

With me, when I have a set of naming conventions that help me understand what they are used for, mostly involving a particular function by abbreviating the front of them. For instance...

TV - Tileset variable
SA - Sprite array
CF - Character function

then I have functions and variables work in this fashion...

@TF_INIT
IF TV_INIT THEN RETURN
' do some initialization, like forming arrays
TV_INIT=TRUE
RETURN

@TF_LOADTS
IF !TV_INIT OR TV_IDX<0 OR TV_IDX>TV_TOTAL THEN RETURN
' do stuff related to loading a tileset based on the variable TV_IDX for indexing
TV_IDX=-1
RETURN

So I either simply call the function if it requires no setting up of variables for it to use (like TF_INIT), or set up the variables (like using TV_IDX for TF_LOADTS), and the routines will handle the rest. Sometimes I'll even mess with the "parameters" at the end so that if I were to call it a second time without touching them (like in TF_LOADTS), it'll just exit out of it. It's likely to be slower to do all this checking and setting up, but I come from a modular programming background, so it's much easier for me to program in BASIC in this manner. Once I get to a point where the program would run fine without these checks, then I can simply remove them for a little boost.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

tiger667

@ChangeV
thanks for the awesome help, I'll look through those to see which one is best for my needs.

tiger667

Hamjam00

OaSis will be awesome!!! It has 2 windows with about 250 Spset and Spofs commands just for windows!!! And, me and @bigdog00 are working on a racing game called NASCAR:Legends. it will have a beginner track, Daytona, and Indianapolis racetracks.

Edited on by Hamjam00

Twitter:

swordx

Hamjam00 wrote:

OaSis will be awesome!!! It has 2 windows with about 250 Spset and Spofs commands just for windows!!! And, me and @bigdog00 are working on a racing game called NASCAR:Legends. it will have a beginner track, Daytona, and Indianapolis racetracks.

Will this be a separate program? Or will it be part of OaSis? Also, is the game working yet?

swordx

Hamjam00

swordx wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

Will this be a separate program? Or will it be part of OaSis? Also, is the game working yet?

Yes, it will be seperate, but it will be in the games menu. It is not completed.

Twitter:

Pixelrobin

Cmon. Please give me some feedback on my blog. Also @Morphtroid, How about adding the ability to cut down trees in petit farm. Just an idea...

bigdog00

Who would try my updated OS, Cincos, if I upload the qrs on flickr? It has an email client that literally encrypts and decrypts the messages via mem: files. It also has contacts (you can exchange up to 3 contacts and read up to 3 old messages). If you guys want it, I will upload the activation mem: file for PPO (petit pocket office) and a sample message to scan and read. Also, when you get it, PLEASE UPLOAD FEEDBACK!!!

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Hairmanban19

bigdog00 wrote:

Who would try my updated OS, Cincos, if I upload the qrs on flickr? It has an email client that literally encrypts and decrypts the messages via mem: files. It also has contacts (you can exchange up to 3 contacts and read up to 3 old messages). If you guys want it, I will upload the activation mem: file for PPO (petit pocket office) and a sample message to scan and read. Also, when you get it, PLEASE UPLOAD FEEDBACK!!!

I would like to try it!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

sdbgvhilsdbrgisd

bigdog00 wrote:

Me to

sdbgvhilsdbrgisd

swordx

Someone is making a 3D dungeon crawler similar to Game2! He's building it from the ground up. Check it out!

Someone else is doing the same thing, except ten times better!

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Pixelrobin

@swordx okaaaaaayyyy....
@bigdog00 YES ALL THE WAY! GIMME LINK!

Anyways, I will release a demo version of battlewood as it is as of now. (People have been asking) Hopefully it will be today.

swordx

bluerobin2 wrote:

@swordx okaaaaaayyyy....
@bigdog00 YES ALL THE WAY! GIMME LINK!

Anyways, I will release a demo version of battlewood as it is as of now. (People have been asking) Hopefully it will be today.

Hey, don't okaaaaaayyyyyyyy me! I'm talking about games people are making! The good stuff! The fun stuff! The stuff that people bought Petit Computer for! lol

Err excuse me for my ignorance, but what's Battlewood? Please don't say it's another OS...they're far too common...

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Pixelrobin

@swordx, it is not an OS. It is an rpg based entirely on batting I am making. I only nailed the first cutscene, battle system and some basic perks. Also the game6 thing sounds cool, it just threw me off guard for a few minutes.

swordx

bluerobin2 wrote:

@swordx, it is not an OS. It is an rpg based entirely on batting I am making. I only nailed the first cutscene, battle system and some basic perks. Also the game6 thing sounds cool, it just threw me off guard for a few minutes.

Sounds fun! Is it top-down? Or is it 3D? Either way, more games is better!

swordx

Pixelrobin

@swordx I have some very old screenshots of it somewhere on this thread, but now it is majorly more updated than that. I Tried to make it isometric. Your character would be towards the bottom of the screen and the enemy would be at the top. Your character is bigger than the enemy, and the enemy would fire fireballs that would enlarge as they get closer to you. As an addition, the bullets that you fire would get smaller as the move "further" away. As of now it is kind of like the streetpass "Find mii" game on the 3ds where you battle enemy after enemy. So far, the only backgrounds I have are a field and a dungeon. I did not use the ones @ChangeV helped me with yet, but I will add those in later.
Here are the QRS: (Click to enlarge)
Untitled
Controls:
Move: D-pad
Fire: A

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic