Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 1,681 to 1,700 of 9,521

AuthorMessage

OboeDude1999

1,681. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

OboeDude1999 wrote:

Explanation of DATA and MEM$?

DATA is basically that. Data. You don't run it as code, but you can read it to be used for code. Take for example...

CLEAR
DIM AnArray(100)
RESTORE @SOME_DATA
READ AnArray(0), AnArray(1)
READ AString$
PRINT AnArray(0);" - ";AnArray(1);" - ";AString$
END
@SOME_DATA
DATA 10, 11
DATA "This is a string."

Other than clearing the memory and setting an array, it sets the "read data" pointer at the label "SOME_DATA" using RESTORE, and reads in 2 numbers into the first 2 elements of the array, and then reads the string data into the string. It then outputs those two array elements and string as...

10 - 11 - This is a string

As for MEM$, think of it like a 256 character string that can be saved/loaded to/from a file. Put in it what you want (like high scores, character attributes, etc), then you can save them with SAVE "xxx:MEM", where "xxx" is the name (up to 8 characters), then load them up later like when you launch the program again.

Thanks! ^_^

Cat syrup all the way!

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/1999oboedude
Blog: http://oboebloggo.blogspot.com

My bus driver is crazy.
(edit) My bus driver got fired.

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: OboeDude

AuthorMessage

OboeDude1999

1,682. Posted:

Wait... crap. What's an array? :3

Cat syrup all the way!

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/1999oboedude
Blog: http://oboebloggo.blogspot.com

My bus driver is crazy.
(edit) My bus driver got fired.

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: OboeDude

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

1,683. Posted:

I have some info on these topics on the Tutorial Thread (it's somewhere under this thread). You should visit it :3

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Hamjam00

1,684. Posted:

does anyone have OaSis pre-release yet? what do you think so far?
p.s. in the future there will be a japanese language pack (april, as i am currently learning japanese)

Edited on by Hamjam00

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter: zombeesoft

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,685. Posted:

Hamjam00 wrote:

does anyone have OaSis pre-release yet? what do you think so far?

Nope. I will get the finished version though :)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

kvandenb

1,686. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Only gosub is provided for something like that.

As far as I know...

Hey Morphtroid,
I had thought so. It seems then like you'd need to maintain a special set of variables in your program just to serve as placeholders for your function arguments. But that's kinda cool too. It reminds me of assembly language programming with the small set of registers one had to keep track of :)

Kevin Vandenbreemen

kvandenb

AuthorMessage

Discostew

1,687. Posted:

With me, when I have a set of naming conventions that help me understand what they are used for, mostly involving a particular function by abbreviating the front of them. For instance...

TV - Tileset variable
SA - Sprite array
CF - Character function

then I have functions and variables work in this fashion...

@TF_INIT
IF TV_INIT THEN RETURN
' do some initialization, like forming arrays
TV_INIT=TRUE
RETURN

@TF_LOADTS
IF !TV_INIT OR TV_IDX<0 OR TV_IDX>TV_TOTAL THEN RETURN
' do stuff related to loading a tileset based on the variable TV_IDX for indexing
TV_IDX=-1
RETURN

So I either simply call the function if it requires no setting up of variables for it to use (like TF_INIT), or set up the variables (like using TV_IDX for TF_LOADTS), and the routines will handle the rest. Sometimes I'll even mess with the "parameters" at the end so that if I were to call it a second time without touching them (like in TF_LOADTS), it'll just exit out of it. It's likely to be slower to do all this checking and setting up, but I come from a modular programming background, so it's much easier for me to program in BASIC in this manner. Once I get to a point where the program would run fine without these checks, then I can simply remove them for a little boost.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

tiger667

1,688. Posted:

@ChangeV
thanks for the awesome help, I'll look through those to see which one is best for my needs.

tiger667

AuthorMessage

Hamjam00

1,689. Posted:

OaSis will be awesome!!! It has 2 windows with about 250 Spset and Spofs commands just for windows!!! And, me and @bigdog00 are working on a racing game called NASCAR:Legends. it will have a beginner track, Daytona, and Indianapolis racetracks.

Edited on by Hamjam00

AuthorMessage

swordx

1,690. Posted:

Hamjam00 wrote:

OaSis will be awesome!!! It has 2 windows with about 250 Spset and Spofs commands just for windows!!! And, me and @bigdog00 are working on a racing game called NASCAR:Legends. it will have a beginner track, Daytona, and Indianapolis racetracks.

Will this be a separate program? Or will it be part of OaSis? Also, is the game working yet?

swordx

AuthorMessage

Hamjam00

1,691. Posted:

swordx wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

Will this be a separate program? Or will it be part of OaSis? Also, is the game working yet?

Yes, it will be seperate, but it will be in the games menu. It is not completed.

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,692. Posted:

Cmon. Please give me some feedback on my blog. Also @Morphtroid, How about adding the ability to cut down trees in petit farm. Just an idea...

AuthorMessage

bigdog00

1,693. Posted:

Who would try my updated OS, Cincos, if I upload the qrs on flickr? It has an email client that literally encrypts and decrypts the messages via mem: files. It also has contacts (you can exchange up to 3 contacts and read up to 3 old messages). If you guys want it, I will upload the activation mem: file for PPO (petit pocket office) and a sample message to scan and read. Also, when you get it, PLEASE UPLOAD FEEDBACK!!!

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt

AuthorMessage

Hairmanban19

1,694. Posted:

bigdog00 wrote:

Who would try my updated OS, Cincos, if I upload the qrs on flickr? It has an email client that literally encrypts and decrypts the messages via mem: files. It also has contacts (you can exchange up to 3 contacts and read up to 3 old messages). If you guys want it, I will upload the activation mem: file for PPO (petit pocket office) and a sample message to scan and read. Also, when you get it, PLEASE UPLOAD FEEDBACK!!!

I would like to try it!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage

5logank

1,695. Posted:

bigdog00 wrote:

Me to

5logank

AuthorMessage

5logank

1,696. Posted:

I'm making and OS witch has no name

5logank

AuthorMessage

swordx

1,697. Posted:

Someone is making a 3D dungeon crawler similar to Game2! He's building it from the ground up. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTxa8utgUA

Someone else is doing the same thing, except ten times better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK5UhYFmWkk

Edited on by swordx

swordx

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,698. Posted:

@swordx okaaaaaayyyy....
@bigdog00 YES ALL THE WAY! GIMME LINK!

Anyways, I will release a demo version of battlewood as it is as of now. (People have been asking) Hopefully it will be today.

AuthorMessage

swordx

1,699. Posted:

bluerobin2 wrote:

@swordx okaaaaaayyyy....
@bigdog00 YES ALL THE WAY! GIMME LINK!

Anyways, I will release a demo version of battlewood as it is as of now. (People have been asking) Hopefully it will be today.

Hey, don't okaaaaaayyyyyyyy me! I'm talking about games people are making! The good stuff! The fun stuff! The stuff that people bought Petit Computer for! lol

Err excuse me for my ignorance, but what's Battlewood? Please don't say it's another OS...they're far too common...

Edited on by swordx

swordx

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,700. Posted:

@swordx, it is not an OS. It is an rpg based entirely on batting I am making. I only nailed the first cutscene, battle system and some basic perks. Also the game6 thing sounds cool, it just threw me off guard for a few minutes. :D