DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 1,581 to 1,600 of 9,431

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

1,581. Posted:

MrMario02 wrote:

Ketchupcat wrote:

It would be awesome if someone made this
Untitled

Yeah. except the fight would be a little repetitive. I mean the same level over and over again with no increase in AI.

I have an idea for this. It can be kind of like tower defense, with the tower being Whispy. you can attack by blowing air, dropping apples and dropping Gordos. Enemies like waddle dees and waddle doos are constantly approaching, and you have to use your tree powers to kill them.The bosses (in order) are Poppy Bro Sr, Lololo and Lalala, Kaboola, Kracko, King Dedede, and Kirby.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

1,582. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

about to begin a zelda iii demo! i'll post it here, for anyone that cares. it'll focus more on gameplay than story.

Please post it!

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lolkelvinlol

1,583. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

@Bluerobin2: I use my 3DS XL

same!!!

my friend code:0817-5045-4594

Twitter: no

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

1,584. Posted:

guys, i was always going to post it! i apologize for the miscommunication, though. i meant to say why i was posting it here, not whether or not i was or wasn't! just dont expect in the next few weeks. i'm pretty lazy.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bigdog00

1,585. Posted:

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK , please add me on your 3ds!!! I added you.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

1,586. Posted:

does anyone have ptc utilities? If so, can you draw and/or upload your own grps better than on the ds?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ramstrong

1,587. Posted:

Credible wrote:

I just figured out a very easy way to prevent my player from going through walls!
EDIT: I found the problem. When the background moves(BGOFS), the tile ID's don't move with it. So a house on one screen will be an invisible house on another.

That's nice. Why don't you write a tutorial on it? Lots of people want to do scrolling map.
Also, there's a way for collision detection to detect sprite-background interaction, although I haven't done it yet, so no guarantee it will work.

Credible wrote:

I've left out quite a few things, but all I need to know is how to have the sprite animate while the skeleton moves about.

The trick I use is to move the blast sprite for 45 frames. Start the movement in @BLAST, and in the main loop, check that the sprite is still moving. If not, then put it away. If you want stationary animation, you can move it to the same coordinates.

Discostew wrote:

It's unfortunate that some of the built-in functions of PTC don't have separate forms. For instance, GPSET and GSPOIT require that you have a X and Y component, when internally, it is a single-dimensional array. Use of these functions would greatly benefit people using them as data storage if they had a 1-d index alongside the existing 2d coordinate method. If only I could contact the developers....

I imagine their response would be to use translation formula: N=Y*256+X. X=N256;y=N/256
It's BASIC. It's not supposed to be fast. It's supposed to be easy. What can be easier than one line formula?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,588. Posted:

My Zelda-like game now has a fully programmed enemy that can both kill you and be killed by you. You can kill enemies with a sword, and you can move in all 8 directions. It's starting with a grassy background.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

1,589. Posted:

Great,when could you post the QRs?

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,590. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Great,when could you post the QRs?

When it's finished. The game itself will be finished by March 14th, however, I'll need to program story elements once that is done, so expect it to be released no later than March 21st. Don't worry, I'll post some videos while you wait. I'm enjoying the programming of this game much more than Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters, so this will most likely be the better game. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to program puzzle elements...I'll try my best! Combat, sidequests, and a story are definitely going to be in the game. There will be a forest, a desert, a mountain, 3 towns, and 3 dungeons. Each of these will be divided up into nine screens, making a total of 81 screens. If the game turns out good, expansions will be a possibility.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

1,591. Posted:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Great,when could you post the QRs?

When it's finished. The game itself will be finished by March 14th, however, I'll need to program story elements once that is done, so expect it to be released no later than March 21st. Don't worry, I'll post some videos while you wait. I'm enjoying the programming of this game much more than Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters, so this will most likely be the better game. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to program puzzle elements...I'll try my best! Combat, sidequests, and a story are definitely going to be in the game. There will be a forest, a desert, a mountain, 3 towns, and 3 dungeons. Each of these will be divided up into nine screens, making a total of 81 screens. If the game turns out good, expansions will be a possibility.

sounds like it'll be good for studying!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,592. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Great,when could you post the QRs?

When it's finished. The game itself will be finished by March 14th, however, I'll need to program story elements once that is done, so expect it to be released no later than March 21st. Don't worry, I'll post some videos while you wait. I'm enjoying the programming of this game much more than Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters, so this will most likely be the better game. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to program puzzle elements...I'll try my best! Combat, sidequests, and a story are definitely going to be in the game. There will be a forest, a desert, a mountain, 3 towns, and 3 dungeons. Each of these will be divided up into nine screens, making a total of 81 screens. If the game turns out good, expansions will be a possibility.

sounds like it'll be good for studying!

I hope you find it useful! It will use a lot of sprite collision, so if you need help with that, this will be useful!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

1,593. Posted:

i hope you of all people know what you're doing. you're being graded on this, right? but how? by how much effort the teacher/professor thinks you put into it? by presentation? by accuracy to the source material?

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

1,594. Posted:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Great,when could you post the QRs?

When it's finished. The game itself will be finished by March 14th, however, I'll need to program story elements once that is done, so expect it to be released no later than March 21st. Don't worry, I'll post some videos while you wait. I'm enjoying the programming of this game much more than Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters, so this will most likely be the better game. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to program puzzle elements...I'll try my best! Combat, sidequests, and a story are definitely going to be in the game. There will be a forest, a desert, a mountain, 3 towns, and 3 dungeons. Each of these will be divided up into nine screens, making a total of 81 screens. If the game turns out good, expansions will be a possibility.

Oh i didnt read your post correctly,i thought you said you fully programmed the game.

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tiger667

1,595. Posted:

Is there any way to make a sprite on the bottom screen using the background characters, specifically a 64X64 white square. I want to make a text window that can be closed with animation to make it more obvious where to touch the screen to get it back, and I made some code to do it on the top screen (though I forgot to save it so I need to redo it), but I can't use the same sprite on the bottom screen so I am hoping I can at least use a background tile as a large sprite.

PS: if anyone wants the closing window on the top screen I can remake the code and share it.

tiger667

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hale-Bopp

1,596. Posted:

Just fyi to all, it looks like they released a "PC Edition" of their official strategy guide: http://www.petitcomputer.com/news/#

It's about $10, same as Android version I presume.

Edited on by Hale-Bopp

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter: HaleaciousB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

1,597. Posted:

Can't they just release it as a real book?

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,598. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i hope you of all people know what you're doing. you're being graded on this, right? but how? by how much effort the teacher/professor thinks you put into it? by presentation? by accuracy to the source material?

I'm being graded on my creativity, presentation, and how much knowledge I show pertaining to the book. The version that I'll release will have the book-related things replaced with story elements. But trust me on this: I WILL DO GOOD! I'm an 8th grader. No one else in my grade knows how to do this, so I'm almost guaranteed a good grade.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

1,599. Posted:

swordx wrote:

trust me on this: I WILL DO GOOD! I'm an 8th grader. No one else in my grade knows how to do this, so I'm almost guaranteed a good grade.

oh, i believe you! i hope you don't mind me asking, and i'm unsure whether or not you answered this before, but what IS your source material? what book are you reading in class?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

With_Questions

1,600. Posted:

swordx wrote:

My Zelda-like game now has a fully programmed enemy that can both kill you and be killed by you. You can kill enemies with a sword

how does one go about doing this?

With_Questions