DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 1,561 to 1,580 of 9,487

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,561. Posted:

I DEFINITELY won't be programming Dungeon Adventure for the next few months...I have to do a project in English, and I decided I'd program a video game. I'll be doing this on Petit Computer. Because my grades will depend on it, I WILL finish it quickly. Think of a top-down Zelda game. I'll give you a modified version of it, as the project version will just be used to describe a book. This will be the prequel to Dungeon Adventure, so it will be good that I'll be releasing this game first. If you're wondering just how far back this will take place, I'll tell you. This will be from a week before the attack on the town, up to the actual attack. I hope you guys enjoy the game!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bigdog00

1,562. Posted:

check the petit computer developer channel for the developer's version of my new OS (in about 20 minutes) It is so much better now, but is still "Developers" (as you'll see in the settings application) and for those of you wondering, I forgot to upload the Cincos original GUI (Graphic User Interface) Package. Right now, there is only the "CincOpple 7.1" pack. it is based off of Apple System 7.1 from 1997 I think it was... anyway, check in 20 minutes.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hairmanban19

1,563. Posted:

swordx wrote:

I DEFINITELY won't be programming Dungeon Adventure for the next few months...I have to do a project in English, and I decided I'd program a video game. I'll be doing this on Petit Computer. Because my grades will depend on it, I WILL finish it quickly. Think of a top-down Zelda game. I'll give you a modified version of it, as the project version will just be used to describe a book. This will be the prequel to Dungeon Adventure, so it will be good that I'll be releasing this game first. If you're wondering just how far back this will take place, I'll tell you. This will be from a week before the attack on the town, up to the actual attack. I hope you guys enjoy the game!

Sounds pretty cool,and i am glad you are making it like a top-down Zelda game,but if your not going to be programming Dungeon adventure for a while could you at least release another beta for it?

...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bigdog00

1,564. Posted:

Do you even care about Cincos?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

1,565. Posted:

bigdog00 wrote:

Do you even care about Cincos?

I do now. The last OS I dowmloaded gave me an error every time I moved the cursor. This is for Ptcomp right? Does anyone actually care about Battlewood? It got a major update now and looks quite a bit different then my previous snapshots. What would you choose as a theme, a sci fi or fantasy rpg?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

1,566. Posted:

It would be awesome if someone made this
Untitled

Edited on by Musterd

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrMario02

1,567. Posted:

Ketchupcat wrote:

It would be awesome if someone made this
Untitled

Yeah. except the fight would be a little repetitive. I mean the same level over and over again with no increase in AI.

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

1,568. Posted:

@Morphtroid Petit farm is the best PTCOMP game I have ever played! ( Next is Picross :P ) I have a few questions though, Like;
Is there another drop off point other than the one in the town where you can sell Goods?
What are the chances of catching the golden fish?
What do you do with the milk from cows?
Is there a path behind the shops to a secret room? I saw something suspicious...
Anything else you want to tell me?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

1,569. Posted:

Thank you!

1) There are 3 shipping baskets in the game you can use to sell your goods... The ones in your farm and your barn give you full money the next day and the one in town gives you 80% of the value instantly.

2) Every fish you fish has a 1 in 64 chance of being golden.

3) You can either sell it pure or make cheese if you have the cheese maker, you can then sell the cheese for more money,

4) It's just decoration sorry :D I added it to make it feel like there's something out there.

5) I don't know... Have you visited Anna's shop after 10 pm? The shop changes.... If you don't eat anything to start your day you'll lose more stamina when you use your items, it acumulates so you'll lose a lot of stamina if you don't eat anything for a week of playing.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bigdog00

1,570. Posted:

oh. one more thing, in CINCOSDV, go to the first GOTO command, and uncomment it (Delete the ' )

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Credible

1,571. Posted:

I need some help with my program, please.
When the player (wizard sprite) presses A, it triggers a GOSUB (@blast) that animates and then disappears. However, in order for it to do this, I've had to put a VSYNC (45) command in there so the blast animates. This is a problem because it pauses the enemies random movement pattern while the blast animates, even if it is only for 3/4ths of a second. How can I have the sprite animate while the enemies random movement continues to generate?
Here's a loose version of the code I'm running:
@MAIN
SKEL=RND(3)
IF SKEL==1 THEN SANIM= 134 'Skeleton moves up
DIR=0:A=0
IF (BUTTON (2) AND 16) THEN DIR=DIR+16
IF DIR==16 THEN GOSUB @BLASTUP
GOTO @MAIN
@BLASTUP
SPSET 2,236,8,0,0,0: SPANIM 2,4,5,1
VSYNC 20
SPCLR 2
RETURN
I've left out quite a few things, but all I need to know is how to have the sprite animate while the skeleton moves about.

Edited on by Credible

Credible

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,572. Posted:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I DEFINITELY won't be programming Dungeon Adventure for the next few months...I have to do a project in English, and I decided I'd program a video game. I'll be doing this on Petit Computer. Because my grades will depend on it, I WILL finish it quickly. Think of a top-down Zelda game. I'll give you a modified version of it, as the project version will just be used to describe a book. This will be the prequel to Dungeon Adventure, so it will be good that I'll be releasing this game first. If you're wondering just how far back this will take place, I'll tell you. This will be from a week before the attack on the town, up to the actual attack. I hope you guys enjoy the game!

Sounds pretty cool,and i am glad you are making it like a top-down Zelda game,but if your not going to be programming Dungeon adventure for a while could you at least release another beta for it?

The problem with releasing a new beta version is that I'd have to block off the 12th map to keep you from going to a largely-unprogrammed mess. After all this time, the only things I programmed (when I did program) were bits of floor 12 and almost the entire town. I was working so hard to finish the town and make it fun that I put off the main game. Also, there IS a release date for the top-down game. It will be on the web somewhere between March 14th and March 21st. This is so I have a week to incorporate the story elements, as the project version won't have a story, and will instead describe a book I had to read.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZombieChiggers

1,573. Posted:

/ sounds interesting...
l

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZombieChiggers

1,574. Posted:

has anyone heard of DSCRAFT?
if so where and how can i get it!

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

1,575. Posted:

snoremac wrote:

has anyone heard of DSCRAFT?
if so where and how can i get it!

Dscraft is a homebrew application. Homebrew is third party software that allows you to do pretty much what ptcomp offers, only much more. This requires you to hack your DS (I think) and is also kind of illegal because it can be used to pirate games. Dscraft is also for the original DS. So good luck there. It looks awesome though... Plus if you wait, Minecraft v1.8 is planned to be created for multiple platforms and portable systems. This includes the 3DS. I can't wait. On the other hand, this is the wrong forum......

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

1,576. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Thank you!

1) There are 3 shipping baskets in the game you can use to sell your goods... The ones in your farm and your barn give you full money the next day and the one in town gives you 80% of the value instantly.

2) Every fish you fish has a 1 in 64 chance of being golden.

3) You can either sell it pure or make cheese if you have the cheese maker, you can then sell the cheese for more money,

4) It's just decoration sorry :D I added it to make it feel like there's something out there.

5) I don't know... Have you visited Anna's shop after 10 pm? The shop changes.... If you don't eat anything to start your day you'll lose more stamina when you use your items, it acumulates so you'll lose a lot of stamina if you don't eat anything for a week of playing.

Wow thanks! I did not know that you gain the amount of stamina you lose. I always sold the plants in the woods...crap
Have you entered the game into a contest yet? (You might have to translate it though...)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

1,577. Posted:

It's unfortunate that some of the built-in functions of PTC don't have separate forms. For instance, GPSET and GSPOIT require that you have a X and Y component, when internally, it is a single-dimensional array. Use of these functions would greatly benefit people using them as data storage if they had a 1-d index alongside the existing 2d coordinate method. If only I could contact the developers....

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluerobin2

1,578. Posted:

@morphtroid One more question, What is the power egg?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

1,579. Posted:

@Discord: You can. Just go to their site and find the "contact us" link. It must be there somewhere in that sea of japanese.

@Bluerobin2: It's a special item that increaces your max stamina by 10.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Credible

1,580. Posted:

I just figured out a very easy way to prevent my player from going through walls!
What I did was had the BGREAD command make it so that if the player isn't traveling on a certain tile, then he can't move forward.
Something like this:
@MOVE
SPOFS 0,X,Y,0
IF (BUTTON(0) AND 1) THEN GOSUB @CHECK
GOTO @MOVE
@CHECK
BGREAD (0,X/8,Y/8),ID
IF ID==(the tile you want the player to be able to walk on) THEN Y=Y-1
RETURN
I still have to mess around with it though, as the tile ID's are not what I thought they were, and I sometimes get different results for similar tiles I'm traveling across. I'm also getting similar numbers for tiles that are different. For example, the Manual has the grass tiles as 32 and 33. However, when I step on them I get values like 32801 and 32800, or sometimes even 32901. Also, I'll step on a bush tile and have it equal 32800. I'm sure it's something in the way that I drew the map in SCRED, but I'll look into it more deeply.
Maybe I should write tutorials, I'm sure they could help others.

EDIT: I found the problem. When the background moves(BGOFS), the tile ID's don't move with it. So a house on one screen will be an invisible house on another.

Edited on by Credible

Credible