@ramstrong here's part of the coding

@loop-this is all the main movements
if btrig()==1 goto @up
if btrig()==2 goto @down
if btrig()==4 goto @left
if btrig()==8 goto @right
if sphitsp(2,3) then goto @dmg
goto @loop

now i am struggling to decide where and what the variable or circumstance will be for the opponents bey to keep moving.Where I put the SPOFS is probably important.Also, I have looked at GAME4,but that didnt help. I will have to keep trying.

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

steriaca

bluerobin2 wrote:

@hairmanban19, I am still deciding on a theme. I recently finished the engine and now making the story, powerups, and the background. What would you guys like to see? Just a hint. this will be an rpg like no other. I got my inspiration from find mii. I'll post a screenshot sometime.

I myself would like to see a western theamed RPG. Shure, we have the WildArms series, but beyond that, I can't think of many others. Humm, saving a girl tied to the train track could triger a boss battle...the party vs the train.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Pixelrobin

@steriaca How about fighting people trying to save her.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

Battlewood Demo images are in!!

Untitled
NOOOOOO! I died!!!!

Untitled
A standard Fight. Enemies, Enemy speed, And enemy perks are randomized.

Untitled
Battlewoods's main menu.

As you can see, Battle wood is still in progress. The Background and the story for instance. I already have a basic story viewed on the bottom screen, But that image was deleted from imageshack for some reason.
Click on images to enlarge them.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Pixelrobin

Alright! New Blog!!!!
bluerobin2.blogspot.com

Hairmanban19

bluerobin2 wrote:

@hairmanban19, I am still deciding on a theme. I recently finished the engine and now making the story, powerups, and the background. What would you guys like to see? Just a hint. this will be an rpg like no other. I got my inspiration from find mii. I'll post a screenshot sometime.

I would like a fantasy RPG,they are the best.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

ramstrong

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong here's part of the coding

@loop-this is all the main movements
if btrig()==1 goto @up
if btrig()==2 goto @down
if btrig()==4 goto @left
if btrig()==8 goto @right
goto @loop

now i am struggling to decide where and what the variable or circumstance will be for the opponents bey to keep moving.Where I put the SPOFS is probably important.Also, I have looked at GAME4,but that didnt help. I will have to keep trying.

I don't see anything wrong with that, but if it's me doing the coding, I'd separate the logic like doing a board game, like this:
1. Ask Players what they want to do
2. Do the movements
3. Resolve the action

@mainloop
vsync 1
'Part 1
'Player 1 movement
p1m=0 'no button pushed
if btrig()==1 then p1m=1
if btrig()==2 then p1m=2
if btrig()==4 then p1m=3
if btrig()==8 then p1m=4

p2m= 'AI goes here

'Part 2
on p1m goto @movenot, @moveup, @movedown, ...
on p2m goto ...

'Part 3

goto @mainloop

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

steriaca

bluerobin2 wrote:

@steriaca How about fighting people trying to save her.

He...that could work, depending on how twistedly toung in cheek you want to make it.

damolii

@ramstrong Thank you, this is an interesting sequence that will benefit me. But would the AI be SPSET? what would I put in that column?

Pixelrobin

@steriaca your bomb2 game is actually very addicting, i've found. Just thought i'd mention that.
Important If you go to my blog and it asks for your name, its okay. I'm working on a 'login' system. No it's not hacked. I know that its annoying to see it every time you see a link, but that will be fixed. Very soon.
@morphtroid having fun with your picross game. You have your own section in the miniblog for my levels that I created.
Also, the theme for battlewood has officially been decided. More news on that later. Lastly, a question: Could someone direct me to a tutorial about data, read, save and stuff along those lines. The manual wasn't very much help.
thanks

Edited on by Pixelrobin

ramstrong

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong Thank you, this is an interesting sequence that will benefit me. But would the AI be SPSET? what would I put in that column?

AI is the randomizer for movement. SPSET goes under Init, which is before mainloop.

bluerobin2 wrote:

Lastly, a question: Could someone direct me to a tutorial about data, read, save and stuff along those lines. The manual wasn't very much help.

There are some entries about it under Tutorial threads. Forgot which posts. I don't feel like browsing there since Linput kept posting irrelevant posts, but the lessons already made and under there.

@Linput14, how about you deleting your non-tutorial posts there?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

damolii

@ramstrong thank you .I will use your method. It seems more linear than mine.

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

steriaca

bluerobin2 wrote:

@steriaca your bomb2 game is actually very addicting, i've found. Just thought i'd mention that.

Thank you. If you think that game is an adictive time waister, try Zombie Horde.

damolii

@ramstrong when I try p1m it says "undefined label". Is there another way?

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

Please don't thank me. I'd rather you read the Tutorial Thread before you ask an already answered question to the group.

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong when I try p1m it says "undefined label". Is there another way?

Yes, but you don't need to. I'm not even going to bother answering that question. I need to start working on my blog since it's almost February. I don't believe that you have less time than me. I don't even get 1 hour per day.

I think that if you can't even frame the question properly, that's a sign that you bit off more than you can chew. How about working on a simpler, easier project to start? Pong is a good start. Rock-paper-scissors is another. CYOA is fine, too.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

damolii

@ramstrong ..... thank you anyway for your other advice. I guess I will have to find the answer myself. Thank you again. You have made it easier to do this.

ZombieChiggers

hey morphtroid. please make more games they are just awesom and i also could use some help with sprite,read,and data commands. you are just a boss at those commands so please

Edited on by ZombieChiggers

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic