Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 9,620

Eel

@Robin: Sysbeep is very useful, I hate that "loading" sound. I actually used it on petit farm already.

I thought I could share a small image of my current project, so here is it:

Untitled

The inventory is finally working correctly
I think it will end up using real days like petit farm and be a "pet" sim of sorts with minecraft-like sandbox elements.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

damolii

@bluerobin2 is it working, or is it not working properly?

@ramstrong would you mind to make an entry in your blog for my question? I know it is selfish, but please, this is literally the only thing stopping me from finishing my game. It would be very much appreciated.

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

ZombieChiggers

bluerobin2 wrote:

@snoremac Sure! 3DS name:mike
anyone else want to add me?
3DS friend code
|
|
V

sorry i took so long. i guess i forgot so can you add me again?

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

Anyone know how to detect collision between 2 specific sprites? When I use sphitsp twice, everything glitches and doesn't work. Help?

Didn't we go through this a couple weeks ago? Use sprite group. SPCOL. I don't see how using sphitsp twice would cause trouble. Perhaps there's a logic error somewhere?

Regarding your copyright remarks, I don't think that's right. Your advice sounds fishy to me. Are you a lawyer? Like medicine, you need a license in order to practice it. Not having a licence to practice law is illegal, at least in US.

And if you're a scriptwriter and you put copyright notice on it, you're a noob.

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong would you mind to make an entry in your blog for my question? I know it is selfish, but please, this is literally the only thing stopping me from finishing my game. It would be very much appreciated.

I'm not here to do your homework. Even if I do it, it won't be done for months because I already planned other projects for the blog. You'd be better off doing it on your own.

I really don't see how between SPANGLE and this
DX=R*COS(A): DY=R*SIN(A)
GLINE 128,96,128+DX,96+DY
You can't finish your program. I think you give up too quickly. Try again, a different way.

Also, please clean up your messages, deleting those posts sighing, waiting, asking for replies. They're cluttering the thread.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

steriaca

Morphtroid wrote:

@Robin: Sysbeep is very useful, I hate that "loading" sound. I actually used it on petit farm already.

Untitled

I think it will end up using real days like petit farm and be a "pet" sim of sorts with minecraft-like sandbox elements.

Humm, nice art. Question: Is the skelition a place holder art for the 'pet'?

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Eel

Thanks! Yes pretty much, I usually use the skeleton when I start a project that needs a character. Petit Farm started with the skeleton, too.

Bloop.

damolii

@ramstrong I think you judge character too fast, an in this case wrong. I feel insulted that you think I am giving up , just because I asked you to go more in depth with my question. And as for those messages, I admit they are wasteful, but I needed an answer so I could move on with my project.

@3Dash Even if you feel like you cannot go in-depth, it is always nice to learn something new. And for 8 dollars at that!

Sprite

3Dash wrote:

I don't have Petit Computer, but is it worth the money? I have no prior expirience with programming also. Would it even be worth it just to play games others have created?

Definatly, even if you don't program there are a crap ton of AWESOME games all over the place.

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

Eel

3Dash wrote:

I don't have Petit Computer, but is it worth the money? I have no prior expirience with programming also. Would it even be worth it just to play games others have created?

Even though I love Petit Computer and it's easily my favorite DSiWare ever and forever, I also know that it is a hate it or love it kind of app for many people. It is not an easy app to get into if you don't know what you're doing, and it certainly doesn't even try to teach you.

So... If you really don't mind reading the manual a lot and searching online for help then you'll learn and little by little you will have lots of fun programming with it. We'll also be glad to help you, the more people making programs the better!

As for the games, there are several good programs out there for you to try though most are pretty basic (duh), in our QR thread alone are all my programs and several "OS"s, apps and games made by our local petit programmers, there's also the petit computer wiki, blogs and several japanese sites that have awesome codes (including smileboom's own site).

Personally, I enjoy the programming part of Petit Computer more than playing with the programs (mine included), but it is a pretty open experience. Just think it well before downloading it.

Happy Programming! ^_^

Bloop.

Hairmanban19

Morphtroid wrote:

Untitled

Looks awesome Morphtroid!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

@bluerobin please add my 3DS friend code,its down in my signiture and my name is Matt.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

ZombieChiggers

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong I think you judge character too fast, an in this case wrong. I feel insulted that you think I am giving up , just because I asked you to go more in depth with my question. And as for those messages, I admit they are wasteful, but I needed an answer so I could move on with my project.

@3Dash Even if you feel like you cannot go in-depth, it is always nice to learn something new. And for 8 dollars at that!

on the second comment to 3Dash i agree its worth the money. ive already made 5 or 6 programs. its gotten me to decide computer programming or videogame programming as my future career

Edited on by ZombieChiggers

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

ramstrong

3Dash wrote:

Like Morphtroid said. It's definitely worth it. There was a Japanese Petit Computer competition a while back, and I forgot the link, but the showcased entries are terrific! The one I remember is a full blown music synthesizer. There are lots others, too. It's somewhere on SmileBoom page. Look around there, and decide for yourself.

Edit: I think this is it: http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/co_contest/

damolii wrote:

Sorry that you feel insulted, but I don't think I'm wrong. You are giving up. You don't think that you're the first person who tried to needle other people to do his homework, do you? I've been hanging computer programming newsgroup for a long time, and I can tell the difference. No, you did not ask me to go more in depth. You asked me to do the whole program on my blog! That is why I think you're giving up. And I asked you NOT to give up. What did you do? You gave up.

If you didn't give up, you would have given me some sort of code, or maybe ask a clarifying question. But when your whole answer consists of "It doesn't work" then how do you expect me to react? Especially since I know it works. For further explanation, please read Petit Computer Journal #5. I detailed the whole asking-for-help process there. Please read it, and follow it.

I don't mind giving you the nudge, you need, but like I said, I'm not going to do the work for you. You need to do it yourself. It's not easy. Sometimes, it's very frustrating, but you need to press on. In my case, there was no one to help me. What happened if I got stuck? Well, I got stuck. Sometimes, YEARS passed by before I find the solution. Very annoying when the computer has become obsolete and discarded, and I had to start over. That's why I'm here, to help others overcome their problems, so that you don't experience such frustrations. But you need to start the process. You need to show me your code, your thoughts on it, and what potential solutions you're thinking of adopting. To say "It doesn't work. Give me more" is just so selfish, and don't be surprised if nobody wants to help you.

My 2 cents.

Edit: If you read my Petit Computer Journal#5 and wondered about asking the duck joke, here's the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

Morphtroid wrote:

Untitled

petit petcraft! can't wait!

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

ramstrong wrote:

Regarding your copyright remarks, I don't think that's right. Your advice sounds fishy to me. Are you a lawyer? Like medicine, you need a license in order to practice it. Not having a licence to practice law is illegal, at least in US.
And if you're a scriptwriter and you put copyright notice on it, you're a noob.

Sorry. No im not a lawyer, but I just picked up that information online. What I understood was that you can claim it, but someone can copy you. So there really is no point unless your a noob (like me) and want to make your game look pro. Come to think of it, that does sound fishy. To be on the safe side, don't do that. Do what @morphtroid did on the title page of petit farm. I apologize for making that look like spam.
but I will not delete that comment for it contains other information. .

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

damolii

@ramstrong ,thank you for clarifying. I tried your x=R*Cos(A):y=R*Sin(A), but i did not use your SPANGLE idea. Now that I think about it though, the change in the angle would change it's direction, right?

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

but I will not delete that comment for it contains other information. .

You can edit and selectively delete the part, you know.

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong ,thank you for clarifying. I tried your x=R*Cos(A):y=R*Sin(A), but i did not use your SPANGLE idea. Now that I think about it though, the change in the angle would change it's direction, right?

It's Beyblade. I assumed you wanted it to spin. Polar coordinate is very interesting. There are many ways to use that equation, so if you try it only one way, then you need to try more. Don't give up! Keep trying! Show me what you did, and I'll see if I can nudge you elsewhere.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

ZombieChiggers

cant wait to get morphtroid's app

Edited on by ZombieChiggers

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic