Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 9,620

Eel

To display background tiles on the touchscreen, all you need to do is use the BGPAGE command.

With BGPAGE you can toggle between 0 (top screen) and 1 (touchscreen), so to use the touchscreen just type BGPAGE 1 and use the same BG commands you would use for the top screen.

Just don't forget to change back to the top screen if you want to use it again.

The other graphical command types also have their own version of the PAGE command.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pixelrobin

@morphtroid Thanks! I also saw on your morphsite that you are working on an "rpg" game. Are you finished?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

bigdog00

@hamjam00 and I are working on a Word+Slideshow application and I was Wondering he and I had a debate about what should we should call the PowerPoint, graphic sheet or slide sheet. Please answer and we will decide what to call it the sooner you answer the quicker the QR codes will be up. Thanks! Also, I am thinking about making an os/GAME LAUNCHER themed after PSP/PS3. Tell me what you think.

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

Hey, anybody know how to make something move towards a coordinate with 2 variables (x,y)? An idea I had for rpg in progress; Battlewood, is an aiming system by the touch screen. I already have the cursor movement (tchx=cursorx,thcy=cursory) <-- not BASIC. but I want the bullet to "come" from the protagonist and move towards cursor x and y. Is there an easy way to do it or do I have to use algebra equations? @damolii That was for moving the character with the d-pad and that was abbreviated code. Would you like me to create a program demonstrating this? I'll be glad to help.

Pixelrobin

@bigdog00 name it SlideSheet (no spaces). I am for the OS program. Keep it up!

bigdog00

Ugh... I want to call it graphic sheet, but okay. Final results at 9:00 Central.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

damolii

@bluerobin2 thx for the offer, but i already know how to move the player. what i am asking is how to make the opponent character move in a circular motion without stopping. thx though :^/

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Pixelrobin

@damolii I thought of a way but it takes a lot of lines. Like your forum signature.

Pixelrobin

bluerobin2 wrote:

Hey, anybody know how to make something move towards a coordinate with 2 variables (x,y)? An idea I had for rpg in progress; Battlewood, is an aiming system by the touch screen. I already have the cursor movement (tchx=cursorx,thcy=cursory) <-- not BASIC. but I want the bullet to "come" from the protagonist and move towards cursor x and y. Is there an easy way to do it or do I have to use algebra equations?

I repeat my question. Can anyone help? Please???

ramstrong

damolii wrote:

@bluerobin2 thx for the offer, but i already know how to move the player. what i am asking is how to make the opponent character move in a circular motion without stopping. thx though :^/

Why didn't you ask that in the first place? There are so many different ways to read your question, and you should be specific on your questions so we can help you better. Anyway, there's no built-in way to do circular motion automatically. You have to do it the hard way. You need to update the opponent character frame-by-frame. Try using Polar Coordinates: x=RcosTheta. y=RsinTheta. The Trigonometry section on said blog post should help you.

bluerobin2 wrote:

Hey, anybody know how to make something move towards a coordinate with 2 variables (x,y)? An idea I had for rpg in progress; Battlewood, is an aiming system by the touch screen. I already have the cursor movement (tchx=cursorx,thcy=cursory) <-- not BASIC. but I want the bullet to "come" from the protagonist and move towards cursor x and y. Is there an easy way to do it or do I have to use algebra equations?

Just set the timer option. It doesn't matter where the bullet is from. Read my Asteroid blog post, and check out my bullets coding. Look under @FIRE subroutine.

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

@morphtroid could you teach me BASIC coding

Sure. Start at Petit Computer Tutorial thread, and go from there.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

@bl0x0r3303 You obviously did not read previous comments on this thread. I don't mean to be rude but you can't ask something so out there. Ask something like "How do I make text appear?" "What are variables?" etc, etc. Here is my answer:
print "hello world"
Also for some great tutorials, check out youtube.com/petitprofessor (Not my channel) I found it very helpful.

damolii

@ramstrong I am sorry. I did not know I was being vague :^[ and i am going to sound stupid here but what does "said blog post" refer to?

Edited on by damolii

ramstrong

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong I am sorry. I did not know I was being vague :^[ and i am going to sound stupid here but what does "said blog post" refer to?

The Asteroid blog post. Petit Computer Journal#11? You didn't read the beginning of it?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

I just discovered this: to get rid of the annoying load sound say sysbeep 0 (or 1 i forgot) somewhere in the beginning of your code. @morphtroid this might help for a future update of petit farm. awesome game though. loving it.

Eel

Ramstrong means his own blog (which you can find on his signature), it's a good place to learn so visit it.

@robin: i wouldn't call it an RPG, but it is shaping nicely, thank you for asking

@bloxor: sorry but I'm afraid I'm a terrible teacher, why don't you visit ramstrong's blog too? Visiting the tutorial thread is also a good place to start.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

damolii

@ramstrong sorry i did not get what you meant. i will visit it now

Pixelrobin

Anyone know how to detect collision between 2 specific sprites? When I use sphitsp twice, everything glitches and doesn't work. Help?

damolii

@ramstrong I read your trigonometry journal, but i did not see the part that corresponds to my question. Sorry.....

@bluerobin2 why are you using two SPHITSP? one is good for two specific sprites. like if you did sphitsp(2,3), even if the 3 was the one that collided, it would still count as if 2 had collided.

Edited on by damolii

Pixelrobin

bluerobin2 wrote:

I just discovered this: to get rid of the annoying load sound say sysbeep 0 (or 1 i forgot) somewhere in the beginning of your code.

actually its sysbeep=0 sorry for any inconvenience.
@damolii no,no I meant something else. here is a sample:

@chit
if sphitsp (0,1) then goto @go
if sphitsp (1,4) then bx=-32:by=-32
return

whats wrong???
(snippit of code from battlewood)
Oh yeah btw everyone, if you check the name of your game on the copyright website and nothing like it exists, you have full rights to say [copyright © yourname 2013]
in your game. If you do this, you cannot sue anyone if they copy you (unless it is a legal issue). However you will claim that name as your own and make your game look more professional.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic