DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 9,292

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

1,441. Posted:

damolii wrote:

how would i do the random movement? so far all i can do is make it follow my players beyblade.2. i am also making an rpg ecause the rpg's i have seen are good, but they have no storyline. how would i do something like a pokemon battle? it seems really complex in my head. last thing. everytime i make a sprite walk, it walks to a definite place. i am the one controlling it. how do i make it keep moving?.ok. info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Check out my Asteroid program. It has random asteroids constantly moving randomly. Hint: Use SPCHK() to check whether or not the sprite is moving. If not, then move the sprite to random position.
http://ramstrong.blogspot.com/2012/10/petit-computer-journal-...

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,442. Posted:

@damolii i do something like this:
x=0
y=0
spset 0,etc,etc
bt=button()
@loop
spofs 0,x,y,0
if (bt and 4) then x=x+1:spchr #
wait 1
goto @loop
all purpose code :)
you can probably get the idea. im on my 3ds and its past 1 am so i can't think very straight. :)
hope that answers one of your questions.

Houston, We have a Syntax Error.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,443. Posted:

@ramstrong and @bluerobin2 thx guys. i'll chek them out:^)

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,444. Posted:

@Morphtroid Do you remember how you displayed Background tiles on the touch screen? I suppose I could check the manual but Then I would have to scroll through 100 pages or so to find it. Well, maybe you could just direct me to a certain page? Thanks and your welcome. ;)

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

1,445. Posted:

To display background tiles on the touchscreen, all you need to do is use the BGPAGE command.

With BGPAGE you can toggle between 0 (top screen) and 1 (touchscreen), so to use the touchscreen just type BGPAGE 1 and use the same BG commands you would use for the top screen.

Just don't forget to change back to the top screen if you want to use it again.

The other graphical command types also have their own version of the PAGE command.

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,446. Posted:

@morphtroid Thanks! I also saw on your morphsite that you are working on an "rpg" game. Are you finished?

AuthorMessage

bigdog00

1,447. Posted:

@hamjam00 and I are working on a Word+Slideshow application and I was Wondering he and I had a debate about what should we should call the PowerPoint, graphic sheet or slide sheet. Please answer and we will decide what to call it the sooner you answer the quicker the QR codes will be up. Thanks! Also, I am thinking about making an os/GAME LAUNCHER themed after PSP/PS3. Tell me what you think.

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,448. Posted:

Hey, anybody know how to make something move towards a coordinate with 2 variables (x,y)? An idea I had for rpg in progress; Battlewood, is an aiming system by the touch screen. I already have the cursor movement (tchx=cursorx,thcy=cursory) <-- not BASIC. but I want the bullet to "come" from the protagonist and move towards cursor x and y. Is there an easy way to do it or do I have to use algebra equations? @damolii That was for moving the character with the d-pad and that was abbreviated code. Would you like me to create a program demonstrating this? I'll be glad to help. ;)

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,449. Posted:

@bigdog00 name it SlideSheet (no spaces). I am for the OS program. Keep it up!

AuthorMessage

bigdog00

1,450. Posted:

Ugh... I want to call it graphic sheet, but okay. Final results at 9:00 Central.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter: bigdogdt

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,451. Posted:

@bluerobin2 thx for the offer, but i already know how to move the player. what i am asking is how to make the opponent character move in a circular motion without stopping. thx though :^/

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,452. Posted:

@damolii I thought of a way but it takes a lot of lines. Like your forum signature.

AuthorMessage

bl0x0r3303

1,453. Posted:

@morphtroid could you teach me BASIC coding

bl0x0r3303

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,454. Posted:

bluerobin2 wrote:

Hey, anybody know how to make something move towards a coordinate with 2 variables (x,y)? An idea I had for rpg in progress; Battlewood, is an aiming system by the touch screen. I already have the cursor movement (tchx=cursorx,thcy=cursory) <-- not BASIC. but I want the bullet to "come" from the protagonist and move towards cursor x and y. Is there an easy way to do it or do I have to use algebra equations?

I repeat my question. Can anyone help? Please???

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

1,455. Posted:

damolii wrote:

@bluerobin2 thx for the offer, but i already know how to move the player. what i am asking is how to make the opponent character move in a circular motion without stopping. thx though :^/

Why didn't you ask that in the first place? There are so many different ways to read your question, and you should be specific on your questions so we can help you better. Anyway, there's no built-in way to do circular motion automatically. You have to do it the hard way. You need to update the opponent character frame-by-frame. Try using Polar Coordinates: x=RcosTheta. y=RsinTheta. The Trigonometry section on said blog post should help you.

bluerobin2 wrote:

Hey, anybody know how to make something move towards a coordinate with 2 variables (x,y)? An idea I had for rpg in progress; Battlewood, is an aiming system by the touch screen. I already have the cursor movement (tchx=cursorx,thcy=cursory) <-- not BASIC. but I want the bullet to "come" from the protagonist and move towards cursor x and y. Is there an easy way to do it or do I have to use algebra equations?

Just set the timer option. It doesn't matter where the bullet is from. Read my Asteroid blog post, and check out my bullets coding. Look under @FIRE subroutine.

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

@morphtroid could you teach me BASIC coding

Sure. Start at Petit Computer Tutorial thread, and go from there. :)

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,456. Posted:

@bl0x0r3303 You obviously did not read previous comments on this thread. I don't mean to be rude but you can't ask something so out there. Ask something like "How do I make text appear?" "What are variables?" etc, etc. Here is my answer:
print "hello world"
Also for some great tutorials, check out youtube.com/petitprofessor (Not my channel) I found it very helpful.

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,457. Posted:

@ramstrong I am sorry. I did not know I was being vague :^[ and i am going to sound stupid here but what does "said blog post" refer to?

Edited on by damolii

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

1,458. Posted:

damolii wrote:

@ramstrong I am sorry. I did not know I was being vague :^[ and i am going to sound stupid here but what does "said blog post" refer to?

The Asteroid blog post. Petit Computer Journal#11? You didn't read the beginning of it?

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,459. Posted:

I just discovered this: to get rid of the annoying load sound say sysbeep 0 (or 1 i forgot) somewhere in the beginning of your code. @morphtroid this might help for a future update of petit farm. awesome game though. loving it.

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

1,460. Posted:

Ramstrong means his own blog (which you can find on his signature), it's a good place to learn so visit it.

@robin: i wouldn't call it an RPG, but it is shaping nicely, thank you for asking :D

@bloxor: sorry but I'm afraid I'm a terrible teacher, why don't you visit ramstrong's blog too? Visiting the tutorial thread is also a good place to start.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok