DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 9,308

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,421. Posted:

i havent been on a while and i have a few q and c's.
@bigdog00 just use the wikia,plz. you are about the only person who can use those qr codes

i need help with things. 1. i am trying to make a Beyblade spinoff on BASIC(yay).anyway how would i do the random movement? so far all i can do is make it follow my players beyblade.2. i am also making an rpg ecause the rpg's i have seen are good, but they have no storyline. how would i do something like a pokemon battle? it seems really complex in my head. last thing. everytime i make a sprite walk, it walks to a definite place. i am the one controlling it. how do i make it keep moving?.ok. info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

1,422. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Using names for sprites would make the code larger. I'm fine using plain numbers.

Using numbers also makes it easier to work with several sprites at once, imo.

That's because you're so smart, numbers don't trip you. :p

The reason variable names are preferred is because you can change it right at the top, and the whole code is modified. In other words: Maintainability. What if you want to change the sprite? You can have PADDLE=95, and have every PADDLE instance changed, or you can search for every "95" value in the code, and double check that is paddle, instead of something else. This is very helpful when your program goes large. For 500 lines or less program, then yeah, numbers don't matter. But what you're advocating is the use of "magic number" and that's bad programming practice.

In some circles, even the use of variables I,J for loops is discouraged. For example
FOR I=0 to 191:FOR J=0 to 255
is considered bad. The preferred style would be
FOR Y=0 to MAX_Y:FOR X=0 to MAX_X

This is only relevant if you ever want to work as a computer programmer, but it's good to keep in mind even when you're a beginner.

Morphtroid wrote:

The "walking without moving" thing could be caused by using SPANIM in a loop, every time you set the animation, it restarts.

Try using the command SPANIM in RUN mode. Actually, try using any command in RUN mode, and see if it helps you understand how they work.

There is a SPRITE tutorial in the Tutorial thread. Does nobody actually bothered to read the post, or is the post very confusing?

Also, snoremac has been walling. How about cleaning up some of the posts?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

1,423. Posted:

Wait, were we talking about sprites or sprite characters?

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,424. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Wait, were we talking about sprites or sprite characters?

well, if by sprites, you mean the command, and by sprite characters, you mean the sprites you see on the screen, then i was talking about the sprite command.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,425. Posted:

not to sound impatient (even though it is) but i need an answer quick, plz.

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,426. Posted:

OK I have looked everywhere but could not find the answer to this simple question: How do you display a graphic on the bottom screen??? See, I am making a rather large Random generated content rpg called "Battle wood" And it works great! The only problem is that I only know how to use pnltype and pnlstring so the words that appear on the bottom screen are not very noticeable. I want to have an old man telling the story as it happens and yelling at you and blaming you for making mistakes and such. Anyways back to the point, HOW DO YOU DISPLAY A GRP ON THE TOUCH SCREEN???!!! Also @Morphtroid, this is the only way to tell you; You are awesome! I have all your Petit computer games! Keep it up!

Houston, We have a Syntax Error.

Blog: bluerobin2.blogspot.com
Backloggery: backloggery.com/bluerobin2

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,427. Posted:

AuthorMessage

ZombieChiggers

1,428. Posted:

...sigh...

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,429. Posted:

heh..heh... @snoremac and @damolii you are awesome too. Can you help me???

AuthorMessage

Sprite

1,430. Posted:

bluerobin2 wrote:

HEY! AREN'T I AWESOME!

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,431. Posted:

I just need someone to answer my questions.... it woud help :^/

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,432. Posted:

Sprite wrote:

bluerobin2 wrote:

HEY! AREN'T I AWESOME!

seconded.

@damolii
one good thing to have is patience ;) if no one ends up helping you, try somewhere else. we don't mean to be rude, and i'm sure you don't mean to be rude either.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

ZombieChiggers

1,433. Posted:

sure i can help its:
CLS
BGPAGE 1
END
hint-1=lower screen and 0=upper screen
and yes sprite u r awesome too :)

Edited on by ZombieChiggers

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

AuthorMessage

ZombieChiggers

1,434. Posted:

hey blue robin can u add me to your friends list. i think it would be easier if we can discuss help over the swapnote application

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

AuthorMessage

ZombieChiggers

1,435. Posted:

ok i am posting the qr codes for my alpha version of my internet program.
the petit computer selection and some of the selections in the minecraft selection WILL NOT WORK |:|
there are a ton of GRP files that i have to post but i will do that later
http://images.wikia.com/petitcomputer/images/f/f1/Wwwcom.png

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

AuthorMessage

damolii

1,436. Posted:

@oldschoolpunk. i know no one was trying to be rude. i wasnt either. its just that 1. i really need the answers .2. i do not know anywhere eose to go. thx for advice though :^/

AuthorMessage

ZombieChiggers

1,437. Posted:

hey its ok besides we will look out for you. if you need any help you know who to call?... ...the computer geeks!... (us) :D

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

AuthorMessage

ZombieChiggers

1,438. Posted:

................sigh....................................sigh.......sigh...........sigh..........sigh file upload completed

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

AuthorMessage

Bluerobin2

1,439. Posted:

@snoremac Sure! 3DS name:mike
anyone else want to add me?
3DS friend code
|
|
V

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

1,440. Posted:

@Bluerobin: thanks:D
@everyone else: you're all a completely fa-bu-lous~ group of people and petit programmers.

About showing GRP art on the touchscreen, there's certainly an easy way to do it, I don't really remember the code though, but I do know that you can find it by doing a quick search through the manual, that's where I found it. Sorry for not being more useful.

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok