DSiWare Forum

Topic: Is the DSi worth it?

Showing 1 to 19 of 19

AuthorMessage
Avatar

You_from_the_Future

1. Posted:

I got a DS as soon as it came out, so I'm feeling a little glum looking at my old clunker when those shiny new DSi's. Is getting one worth it? The online material seems cool but I have a lot of Game Boy Advance games I still like to play, so the lack of a GBA slot bothers me.

"See you in the future, suckers"

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Charlie_The_Unicorn

2. Posted:

Pros:
-Free internet browser
-Solid DSiWare titles (Flip Champs, Mario Vs. DK, Art Style)
-Built In camera/sound recorder
-Great picture (like the DS Lite)
-Bigger screens

Cons:
-No gameboy slot
-Can't paly games in SD card
-Photos aren't perfrect

I think it's awesome, but you can decide for yourself

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

3. Posted:

i have both a DS Lite and DSi

DSi is better in my own opinion; namely because of the downloadable games, music player, and cameras

....especially the music player :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

albertobankai

4. Posted:

yes it is i almost spend $300 on mine get it before oct 10 if u don't u won't get 1000 points free

~master of bankai~

add me 4596-9453-5703

AuthorMessage
Avatar

albertobankai

5. Posted:

yes it is i almost spend $300 on mine get it before oct 10 if u don't u won't get 1000 points free

~master of bankai~

add me 4596-9453-5703

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

6. Posted:

I have the original DS, DS lite and DSi and am very happy with my DSi purchase. I believe it has enough advancements and improvements to it to justify the purchase. I especially love DSiware!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

7. Posted:

The DSi is, simply put, very worth it. As to how much beyond the asking price the DSi delivers, I will leave it to the rest of these lovely forum posters to debate and decide.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

8. Posted:

you can always wait until something DSi-only comes out that really catches your eye. If GBA games would be too big a loss for you, don't hurry to get a DSi just for the 1000 free Nintendo points -- the camera and music-playing features aren't worth half your game library.

if there's something about the DSi that you have to have, though, there's always eBay for a cheap replacement GBA/GBA SP. :)

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Victoria

9. Posted:

What I tell people is If If you have a DS and it's still works fine and looks great, then I'd say don't get a DSi. But if you've "got an old clunker" then I'd say it's well worth the upgrade.
It's like getting a new car. If you have an old one, and it works fine, stick with it. But if you don't have a car, or your old one is on the brink of dying, then go for the latest model. You'd be very pleased with it.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dizzy_boy

10. Posted:

the camera and sound programs are fun to mess around with for a short while.
the dsi`s internet browser is very, very slow. also, certain sites such as youtube won`t work properly because the dsi browser doesn`t have the drivers necessary to play video clips.
it also supports the same internet security settings as the wii, but the current online games only support the WEP setting, not the WPA-PSK settings.
you`ll find that there are only a few games that are worth downloading from the dsi shop from what is currently a small selection to begin with.
with exception the dsi shop games, there are currently no retail dsi only games available (even first party games). which is a little dissapointing considering it`s been available for a couple of months now.
the dsi can also play music through the sound program from an sd card, but they can only be played in the acc format, which i`ve read is a poorer quality sound program. so your best bet is to make a copy of any music you want onto your sd card, and then convert your music on the sd card to the acc format.

http://www.gamercreated.com/user/id/17078
http://www.youtube.com/plotyourdownfall
NNID: Dr_Dizzy
i`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tri-Fist

11. Posted:

Yes, yes it is worth it,

Tri-Fist

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KoKoO_Psy

12. Posted:

I don't have one, but my arguments for it are.
DSi Ware is shaping up.
If more colours come outside japan, LIKE RED. (I would jump on it in a heart beat.)

KoKoO_Psy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JoeDiddley

13. Posted:

I was set to get a dsi for my birthday next month ... if they announced dsi vc at e3. They didn't so I will wait until there are a few dsi ware titles that I can't live without. I still play gba games on my ds. I wanted kirby's pinball land :(

Edited on by JoeDiddley

My Backloggery -
3DS: 5327 0913 7260

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JustYourAverageBleh

14. Posted:

my_point_is wrote:

the camera and sound programs are fun to mess around with for a short while.
the dsi`s internet browser is very, very slow. also, certain sites such as youtube won`t work properly because the dsi browser doesn`t have the drivers necessary to play video clips.
it also supports the same internet security settings as the wii, but the current online games only support the WEP setting, not the WPA-PSK settings.
you`ll find that there are only a few games that are worth downloading from the dsi shop from what is currently a small selection to begin with.
with exception the dsi shop games, there are currently no retail dsi only games available (even first party games). which is a little dissapointing considering it`s been available for a couple of months now.
the dsi can also play music through the sound program from an sd card, but they can only be played in the acc format, which i`ve read is a poorer quality sound program. so your best bet is to make a copy of any music you want onto your sd card, and then convert your music on the sd card to the acc format.

AAC/M4A is actually a high-quality Sound Format or at least better than MP3
just read the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding

It's all fun and games.
Chat on Nintendo Life.
Follow me on Twitter, it's totally free.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JustYourAverageBleh

15. Posted:

Joe+Diddley wrote:

I was set to get a dsi for my birthday next month ... if they announced dsi vc at e3. They didn't so I will wait until there are a few dsi ware titles that I can't live without. I still play gba games on my ds. I wanted kirby's pinball land :(

They Will announce VC for the DSi , im 101% sure of it,

Edited on by JustYourAverageBleh

It's all fun and games.
Chat on Nintendo Life.
Follow me on Twitter, it's totally free.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

16. Posted:

No question about it that it is.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

minial100

17. Posted:

Yup. It just won't be out for a while. Japan got it right?

DECEPTICONS SUPERIOR; AUTOBOTS INFERIOR
My BL|Come chat!|NSMBW IS HERE!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TJtheHeretic

18. Posted:

there is 1 thing it lacks.... A GB/GBC/GBA VC!!

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dizzy_boy

19. Posted:

JustYourAverageBleh wrote:

my_point_is wrote:

the camera and sound programs are fun to mess around with for a short while.
the dsi`s internet browser is very, very slow. also, certain sites such as youtube won`t work properly because the dsi browser doesn`t have the drivers necessary to play video clips.
it also supports the same internet security settings as the wii, but the current online games only support the WEP setting, not the WPA-PSK settings.
you`ll find that there are only a few games that are worth downloading from the dsi shop from what is currently a small selection to begin with.
with exception the dsi shop games, there are currently no retail dsi only games available (even first party games). which is a little dissapointing considering it`s been available for a couple of months now.
the dsi can also play music through the sound program from an sd card, but they can only be played in the acc format, which i`ve read is a poorer quality sound program. so your best bet is to make a copy of any music you want onto your sd card, and then convert your music on the sd card to the acc format.

AAC/M4A is actually a high-quality Sound Format or at least better than MP3
just read the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding

ahh ok, i stand corrected then.

http://www.gamercreated.com/user/id/17078
http://www.youtube.com/plotyourdownfall
NNID: Dr_Dizzy
i`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.