Forums

Topic: Happy Birthday, DSiWare

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Tattis

Saw this earlier, thought some people might be interested:

Nintendo News: Nintendo DSiWare Celebrates Its First Anniversary

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In just one year’s time, the Nintendo DSiWare™ service has offered more than 150 downloadable games and applications that illustrate the service’s reputation as a playground for creativity.

Trajectile™, Starship Defense™ and Link ‘n’ Launch™ are just a few examples of original games published by Nintendo exclusively for the Nintendo DSi™ system that have been well-received by reviewers. Art Style™ series games like Art Style: Pictobits™ and Art Style: DIGIDRIVE ™ also showcase the system’s versatility.

Flipnote Studio™ is among the best reviewed software of all time for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, while Mario vs. Donkey Kong™: Minis March Again! is a perennial fan favorite.

Third-party developers, big and small, have taken advantage of the unique properties of the Nintendo DSi system to create some outstanding software. Glow Artisan won the Independent Games Festival’s Best Mobile Game Design Award, while titles like DRAGON QUEST® WARS™, Mighty Flip Champs and Dark Void Zero all continue to deliver fun game play.

Nintendo DSiWare has a lot of exciting original, exclusive titles on the horizon, including Nintendo’s Photo Dojo™, which uses the Nintendo DSi camera to put players right in the midst of a side-scrolling street brawl. With Nintendo’s 2-D shooting game, Metal Torrent™, players try to convert a shower of opponents’ bullets into cubes that, when collected, increase their score and fill an energy meter that powers special weapons. And X-Scape™ from Nintendo immerses players in an exploratory adventure involving more than 20 planets.

Upcoming third-party games include Earthworm Jim from Gameloft, Tetris Party Live from Hudson, Surviving High School from EA and Frogger Returns from Konami.

I heard about a lot of the upcoming releases from Nintendo's Media Summit, but there were a couple in here I hadn't previously heard about.

Edited on by Tattis

Currently playing:
4 Heroes of Light

SherlockHolmes

I'm so gonna get EArthworm Jim and Frogger Returns!

Squadala! We're off!
3DS Friend Code: 3566-1684-2813
Xbox360 Gamertag:Thatreggaeguy
Add me and I'll add back!
Old Username: thelawyer

cheapogamer4life

Good read. Thanks for the post Tattis
Wonder if Nintendo Life is doing anything to celebrate.....

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Birdman

We're getting Frogger Returns? I'll be sure to try that one out. Anything on Surviving High School?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

JayArr

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Wonder of Nintendo Life is doing anything to celebrate.....

Hopefully they're sending Des a new DSi for wearing hers out on DSiWare reviews.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

theblackdragon

@JayArr: naah, what i'd really like is a week off so i can finish beating all your Tomena Sanner scores...
* cough * * hack * checkmyBL * cough *

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

T_Neumann

Happy birthday, and thanks for Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ

T_Neumann

Froggievilleus

Happy Birthday DSiware. What would have been a lovely gift...SD support.

Froggievilleus

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.