Forums

Topic: Four Swords

Posts 301 to 320 of 353

_mikero_

Downloaded the game today. Short but very fun.

Now onward little eggs!

_mikero_

TeeJay

Aqueous wrote:

@Luffymcduck - I know I got to try multiplayer this after noon but I could not get the hero keys because I was playing with a person with silver and one who just started, all I got was three more silver and a medal, sigh this will take some time either catching them up or trying to get the practically impossible 5000 on my own, or keep trying that difficult hero's trail level 3

Your partner hosted the game, right? I think if you host the game, you'll start with you progress. Not sure though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tigus

I just beat the Hero's Trial.... that last room was nuts I beat it by drawing the chain dudes to the top half of the room then with the spin attack or just hacking away at them, then the other guys I drew to the bottom half and threw bombs at them from a distance and if one got to close I would hit him with the spin attack when he was open. fun but it gave me a big rush so much I got scared and ran straight for the end of the stage after that fight but the hurricane spin was worth it and u dont get dizzy after using it now for the last set of keys!

Edited on by Tigus

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

Adamant

TeeJay wrote:

Your partner hosted the game, right? I think if you host the game, you'll start with you progress. Not sure though.

It has nothing to do with who hosts. The keys you'll be gunning for is the lowest ranked key someone in the group still lacks. If you want to play for hero keys, you must play with people who already have gold or hero keys on that stage.
(note that the level changes according to what key you're going for, too)

Adamant

Aqueous

@TeeJay - I was the host and I could not get better then silver keys and we had to unlock vatti's palace, only things we got to have extra were the realm of memories and hero's trail and I was not going there with a beginner.

Also figured out how to get Hero Keys on single player you need to find a spot with monsters that drop higher value rupees like archer moblins or if you want something easier like likes or skeletons that don't attack work well, just let them keep spawning and kill them for rupees till you have enough to get the key your after, good luck

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Luffymcduck

TeeJay wrote:

On my second attempt at a the third door of Hero's Trial, I was doing fairly well until reached the third area. I was even doing great then, until I reached what I think should be over halfway through the level. There was this one room that was full of those statues that you shoot arrows at. I did good there and got a ton of rupees. After that though, the room filled with I think 4 of those enemies that swing chainballs and also about 6 darknauts. I was crushed, even with over 3000 rupees. I just don't understand how anyone is supposed to be able to beat that room!

Let the 2nd Link stay in the exact opposite part of the room where you are and when too many enemies attack you just switch to other Link. Throw a few bombs at enemies, attack with sword when they´re done attacking, escape and switch Link. Repeat a few times and you´ve beaten all the enemies.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

TeeJay

Luffymcduck wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

On my second attempt at a the third door of Hero's Trial, I was doing fairly well until reached the third area. I was even doing great then, until I reached what I think should be over halfway through the level. There was this one room that was full of those statues that you shoot arrows at. I did good there and got a ton of rupees. After that though, the room filled with I think 4 of those enemies that swing chainballs and also about 6 darknauts. I was crushed, even with over 3000 rupees. I just don't understand how anyone is supposed to be able to beat that room!

Let the 2nd Link stay in the exact opposite part of the room where you are and when too many enemies attack you just switch to other Link. Throw a few bombs at enemies, attack with sword when they´re done attacking, escape and switch Link. Repeat a few times and you´ve beaten all the enemies.

I just beat Hero's Trial after following your advise....with over 4000 rupees to spare! Thank you so much!

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Dynetheous

i cant beat the hero's trial.. the third door is hell. but this is what i like in a game, its when i cant beat without trying over a million times. its frustrating but thats the level of difficulty i like, it means either its the best game ever, or its just dumb, im going with best game ever (not really but its fun) so any tips on the last door, preferably on the second stage and third?

edit: and i do the tactic where i seperate my links and i switch between them and attack, it seems that it still doesnt work with me

Edited on by Dynetheous

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Luffymcduck

TeeJay wrote:

Luffymcduck wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I just beat Hero's Trial after following your advise....with over 4000 rupees to spare! Thank you so much!

You´re welcome. I had about that much rupees too when I cleared it. No other Zelda has given me the same awesomeness for beating an army of enemies.
Now I really hope they make a new Four Swords game. Hopefully it would be less expensive than the one on NGC. I was very lucky to be able to play trought that game at my cousins place, we had four GBAs and NGC-GBA-link cables and of course, four players. Good times.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

TeeJay

Well I've been doing some experimenting between my completed file on my 3DS and a new file on my DSi and here are what I've discovered.

• If the person hosting the game has unlocked the Realm of Memories and/or Hero's Trial, the group will be able to access it. If the host hasn't unlocked them yet, the group won't be able to access them.
  • Regardless of who's hosted the game, if any of the players has the Master Sword and/or the Hurricane Spin, they'll be able to use it, and anyone who hasn't gotten them won't be able to.
  • If any of the players hasn't unlocked Vaati's Palace yet, the group won't be ale to go there, regardless if anyone else has unlocked it or who hosts the game.

Edited on by TeeJay

Terave

I've just beaten Death Mountain! And am I slow, or are you guys really fast?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Dynetheous

i had extra time (for some wierd reason) on my hand so i played a few hours straight and beat it quickly. now i just have to beat the heros trial and get the hero's key. so yeah we are really fast

Edited on by Dynetheous

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

TheAmazingRaccoon

does the hurricane spin get unlocked by multiplayer medals as well?
Also, do you get anything for beating vaati for the third time (with the hero's keys)?

It's just an empty pot...
No, wait!
There's something at the bottom!
It's just somebody's gum...

Aqueous

@TheAmazingRaccoon - you get a little gold sword by your link to say you completed it

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Ok, so i just finished the Realm of Memories levels. When you complete the final one, the text-box message pops up which i assume says something like "Congratulations, you are teh uberLink" or whatever. But i was distracted by the Yankees kicking some Detroit butt, so missed what the message actually said (ie, if it said "you unlocked such and such!" or whatever) before it disappeared from the screen. Can someone let me know what it actually said? Thanks.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Terave

Ok, stupid question, but I'm asking anyway: I was in Vaati's Palace, at the end, with Blue Link. I thought that you needed to throw bombs into its whirlwind, and it works, but I can't defeat him with that. Do I need to do something else as well?

NX01Trekkie1992

@Terave I had the same problem, press y to detonate the bomb as close as possible to vaati, repeat until he's on the ground, then, get slashing, lather, rinse, repeat

NX01Trekkie1992

Terave

YashaStepanovic wrote:

@Terave I had the same problem, press y to detonate the bomb as close as possible to vaati, repeat until he's on the ground, then, get slashing, lather, rinse, repeat

But, how do we get him on the ground?

DarkLloyd

Terave wrote:

YashaStepanovic wrote:

But, how do we get him on the ground?

the first time you throw the bomb let it detonate by it self then he lowers down a bit then throw the bomb again only this time press the y button to detonate it then repeat till hes on the ground then slash then call your other part to attack the coloured arm then

ummmm damn i just beat the guy today and i forgot the rest lol

DarkLloyd

Terave

@BlackFira Oh, thanks for that! Now I know what I'mdoing wrong!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.