DSiWare Forum

Topic: Four Swords

Showing 281 to 300 of 364

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

281. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

Sometimes the game starts me in an area I'm trapped in because I don't have the right item. I sometimes can't progress because of this too. Any help?

There's always a way out. You just haven't looked hard enough. Once it took me about 15 minutes to see a hidden path in the Forest of Illusion in the LTTP level.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

282. Posted:

Were the graphics originally Minish Cap? I was expecting the retro ALTTP graphics.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

283. Posted:

Actually, you could say that Minish Cap uses "Four Sword graphics".

Theres an ALttP stage, though it seems to use the same character/enemy graphics as the rest of the game, the other two retro stages change the palette of the sprites to blend in with the enviroments (which is awesome [link looks like giant, though])

Just unlocked the hero's trial and beated the first level, It got pretty intense during the "last battle" and the "escape the castle" bits (then the last battle agaisnt the fairies was very relaxing). Now I am afraid of entering the second door.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

284. Posted:

@Morpheel As you should be. It took me two tries to beat it. It's intense. I also died on the third level of the third door. So close! D:

AuthorMessage

Terave

285. Posted:

Well, I'm taking it slowly with this title: Just got through the Tartus Cave, or what was it called?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

TheAmazingRaccoon

286. Posted:

I am looking forward to playing this with my little cousins. But I realised something today: because I am red/green and blue/purple colour blind, it is going to be a little confusing when I play multiplayer. It is good that I can pick the colour of the other guy, so I can pick (blue or purple) and (red or green)

EDIT: is it just me, or does this use more battery power (even on single player) than a normal dsiware game?

Edited on by TheAmazingRaccoon

It's just an empty pot...
No, wait!
There's something at the bottom!
It's just somebody's gum...

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

287. Posted:

I played it for hours yesterday and it only used 1 bar of my 3DS battery.

Also, I wish I (the leader) could choose some other color other than green :|

Btw, I'm not color blind, but I get confused when playing on multiplayer too (Mostly because my mind tells tends me that the blue/purple one must be me).

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

288. Posted:

Hint! Hint!

If you're playing single player and have to deal with 9 (or whatever amount of) treasure chest surrounding you, open one chest and (avoid the holding up a Rupee animation by) immediately switch to another Link to open the next one and immediately switch to the previous Link who just finish holding up a Rupee animation.

hype train destinations: Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

Luffymcduck

289. Posted:

I did fail in Hero´s Trial 2nd door yesterday but I learned from my mistakes. I thought you couldn´t destroy Ice Mages attacks with your sword so I was frozen quite many times. Also using bomerang helped against mummies and bombs can beat the rest. Door 3 was epic, I mean what other Zelda game throws like 10 cyclop statues at you or and army of Dark Nuts and those chain ball swinging dudes?
Tomorrow I´m going to get the Hero Keys with my friend for 100% completion.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

290. Posted:

On my second attempt at a the third door of Hero's Trial, I was doing fairly well until reached the third area. I was even doing great then, until I reached what I think should be over halfway through the level. There was this one room that was full of those statues that you shoot arrows at. I did good there and got a ton of rupees. After that though, the room filled with I think 4 of those enemies that swing chainballs and also about 6 darknauts. I was crushed, even with over 3000 rupees. I just don't understand how anyone is supposed to be able to beat that room!

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

291. Posted:

I love this game I just can't believe how hard hero's trail gets, I mean that first door was a little tricky and on level with the past stages but the second door, I never saw it coming and I hope I can make it to the third room once my system is charged, of course it may be better to well.... practice by getting the hero key's first and I can't believe I typed that after I finally figured out how to beat a zelda game none have stopped me excluding zelda 2 because I never put enough effort into it till it became an ambassador game and the first one because I haven't worked on the second quest yet but this is just brutal, I don't know why but I like it for having a hard challenge as an option, I hope the hurricane spin will be worth the effort because it's insane.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Adamant

292. Posted:

I can picture those levels playing much better in multiplayer. In single player everything homes in on you, and there's no way of having someone watching your back. Enemies like Darknuts were never intended to be fought by a single person, since there's no way of getting in position to hit it, so facing rooms full of those is a particular nightmare.

Adamant

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

293. Posted:

Adamant wrote:

I can picture those levels playing much better in multiplayer. In single player everything homes in on you, and there's no way of having someone watching your back. Enemies like Darknuts were never intended to be fought by a single person, since there's no way of getting in position to hit it, so facing rooms full of those is a particular nightmare.

Well you can position the Links on each side of the room and switch over when the enemies get too close to the active one. It may not be the same, but it's a good alternative....if you have the skills.

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

294. Posted:

Nintendo should really call this game Lego Four Swords.

hype train destinations: Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

grumblegrumble

295. Posted:

After you get the Master Sword when you're playing as single player and completed the Realm of Memories, what do you do in the game? I don't see any more areas unlocked... or am I missing something?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

296. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

After you get the Master Sword when you're playing as single player and completed the Realm of Memories, what do you do in the game? I don't see any more areas unlocked... or am I missing something?

You go back through all the stages again to try and get the gold keys and also another set of keys I don't know the name of (Platinum?). Also, you unlock Hero's Trial by collecting at least 30,000 rupees total.

Project-L wrote:

Huh?

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

grumblegrumble

297. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

You go back through all the stages again to try and get the gold keys and also another set of keys I don't know the name of (Platinum?). Also, you unlock Hero's Trial by collecting at least 30,000 rupees total.

Project-L wrote:

Huh?

Ok, thank you! The game doesn't make this very clear when you finish the Realm of Memories and get the Master Sword, it provides no more direction... I guess we're just supposed to know this? (that you keep playing to try and get more keys, etc.) LOL. I love how they assume we know that ;) Loved the game though. Beautiful!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage

Panduh

298. Posted:

I was excited for this game but ended up not being too happy with it. I mean its a good game since it was free, but now I see why not that many people liked the original. The main reason I don't really like it is actually the controls.

Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3590-1909 | Nintendo Network ID: androidcall

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

299. Posted:

Actually, when I unlocked the Hero's Trial it said it was because i got 5 medals (the ones you get for getting the most rupees in multiplayer).
It also allowed me to continue on the third quest before getting all the golden keys.

@demonbaby: It actually plays like every other 2D zelda I have played.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

300. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Actually, when I unlocked the Hero's Trial it said it was because i got 5 medals (the ones you get for getting the most rupees in multiplayer).
It also allowed me to continue on the third quest before getting all the golden keys.

@demonbaby: It actually plays like any other 2D zelda I have played.

There are probably multiple ways to unlock it then. Perhaps getting 30,000 rupees is the "long" way to unlock it.

Edited on by TeeJay