Forums

Topic: Four Swords

Posts 261 to 280 of 353

Adamant

Atomic_3DS_Man wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

Beat the boss/stage.

You can't save mid-level?

It's primarily a multiplayer game, and the object is to get the most rupees in a stage, so that wouldn't make much sense, would it?

Adamant

TeeJay

The second door in Hero's Trial is insane! Every few feet there's a two-person button that unleashes a mob of enemies on me. When I defeat them, a second set of enemies appears, and sometimes even a third! Imagine getting mobbed by a swarm of strong enemies twice and defeating them, but just barely. You think it's over and a third set appears, finishing you off. It's not that bad the first 5 or 10 times, but it does get to you after a while!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Luffymcduck

I just failed in the Final Floor of Hero´s Trial Level 2. It´s insane, army of mummies attacked me. I´ve finished all Zelda´s to date (except Zelda 1 and 2) and I have to say that Hero´s Trial is easily one of the hardest challences in the series.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

MrMagpie

MrMagpie wrote:

I can't beat the LTTP realm of memories stuck in the third floor (lost woods), right in the first part. Looks like I need a gnat hat, but there is no pedestal... Which sucks.

There's a hard-to-spot passage leading to the right at the south end of the area you start in. Also, there's an even-harder-to-spot passage at the north end of that area, which leads to the bombs. I got stuck there for a while.

Still can't find it...there seems to be an uncrossable ravine both north and south, and I've kept n walking all up the right hand wall...nothing.

Nvm figured it out. forgot you could throw your partner

Edited on by MrMagpie

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-4175
Pokemon White Friend Code: 0561-6629-1213

TeeJay

Luffymcduck wrote:

I just failed in the Final Floor of Hero´s Trial Level 2. It´s insane, army of mummies attacked me. I´ve finished all Zelda´s to date (except Zelda 1 and 2) and I have to say that Hero´s Trial is easily one of the hardest challences in the series.

This is exactly where I died! I had actually gone very far in it, too. I think it may have been one of the last fights.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Link245

I just downloaded this this morning, but this game is amazing! Never played it before because I never owned a Link Cable, but this game is so much fun!

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Eel

I never got to play the original version (lack of game links and game packs) but this is awesome!
I got a friend to play with me (he used my DSi), even having to carry him when he wouldn't listen to my calls was fun!
And trowing him to lava pits was lots of fun too-

I already beated the realm of memories, it was awesome, specially the LA and Zelda 1 levels (gotta love how the graphics for everything match the styles of the games).

I'm on my way to unlock the Hero's Trial, hows that one?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

Morpheel wrote:

I never got to play the original version (lack of game links and game packs) but this is awesome!
I got a friend to play with me (he used my DSi), even having to carry him when he wouldn't listen to my calls was fun!
And trowing him to lava pits was lots of fun too-

I already beated the realm of memories, it was awesome, specially the LA and Zelda 1 levels (gotta love how the graphics for everything match the styles of the games).

I'm on my way to unlock the Hero's Trial, hows that one?

The first stage is manageable, but the second one is hell. I tried my best but I eventually ran out or ruppees near the end.

Link245

Sometimes the game starts me in an area I'm trapped in because I don't have the right item. I sometimes can't progress because of this too. Any help?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

TeeJay

Link245 wrote:

Sometimes the game starts me in an area I'm trapped in because I don't have the right item. I sometimes can't progress because of this too. Any help?

There's always a way out. You just haven't looked hard enough. Once it took me about 15 minutes to see a hidden path in the Forest of Illusion in the LTTP level.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Were the graphics originally Minish Cap? I was expecting the retro ALTTP graphics.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Eel

Actually, you could say that Minish Cap uses "Four Sword graphics".

Theres an ALttP stage, though it seems to use the same character/enemy graphics as the rest of the game, the other two retro stages change the palette of the sprites to blend in with the enviroments (which is awesome [link looks like giant, though])

Just unlocked the hero's trial and beated the first level, It got pretty intense during the "last battle" and the "escape the castle" bits (then the last battle agaisnt the fairies was very relaxing). Now I am afraid of entering the second door.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TeeJay

@Morpheel As you should be. It took me two tries to beat it. It's intense. I also died on the third level of the third door. So close! D:

Terave

Well, I'm taking it slowly with this title: Just got through the Tartus Cave, or what was it called?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

TheAmazingRaccoon

I am looking forward to playing this with my little cousins. But I realised something today: because I am red/green and blue/purple colour blind, it is going to be a little confusing when I play multiplayer. It is good that I can pick the colour of the other guy, so I can pick (blue or purple) and (red or green)

EDIT: is it just me, or does this use more battery power (even on single player) than a normal dsiware game?

Edited on by TheAmazingRaccoon

It's just an empty pot...
No, wait!
There's something at the bottom!
It's just somebody's gum...

Eel

I played it for hours yesterday and it only used 1 bar of my 3DS battery.

Also, I wish I (the leader) could choose some other color other than green

Btw, I'm not color blind, but I get confused when playing on multiplayer too (Mostly because my mind tells tends me that the blue/purple one must be me).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LucinaSmash

Hint! Hint!

If you're playing single player and have to deal with 9 (or whatever amount of) treasure chest surrounding you, open one chest and (avoid the holding up a Rupee animation by) immediately switch to another Link to open the next one and immediately switch to the previous Link who just finish holding up a Rupee animation.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Luffymcduck

I did fail in Hero´s Trial 2nd door yesterday but I learned from my mistakes. I thought you couldn´t destroy Ice Mages attacks with your sword so I was frozen quite many times. Also using bomerang helped against mummies and bombs can beat the rest. Door 3 was epic, I mean what other Zelda game throws like 10 cyclop statues at you or and army of Dark Nuts and those chain ball swinging dudes?
Tomorrow I´m going to get the Hero Keys with my friend for 100% completion.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

TeeJay

On my second attempt at a the third door of Hero's Trial, I was doing fairly well until reached the third area. I was even doing great then, until I reached what I think should be over halfway through the level. There was this one room that was full of those statues that you shoot arrows at. I did good there and got a ton of rupees. After that though, the room filled with I think 4 of those enemies that swing chainballs and also about 6 darknauts. I was crushed, even with over 3000 rupees. I just don't understand how anyone is supposed to be able to beat that room!

Edited on by TeeJay

Aqueous

I love this game I just can't believe how hard hero's trail gets, I mean that first door was a little tricky and on level with the past stages but the second door, I never saw it coming and I hope I can make it to the third room once my system is charged, of course it may be better to well.... practice by getting the hero key's first and I can't believe I typed that after I finally figured out how to beat a zelda game none have stopped me excluding zelda 2 because I never put enough effort into it till it became an ambassador game and the first one because I haven't worked on the second quest yet but this is just brutal, I don't know why but I like it for having a hard challenge as an option, I hope the hurricane spin will be worth the effort because it's insane.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.