Forums

Topic: Electroplankton Series Impressions

Posts 101 to 120 of 212

geek-master

hey could you make us some free ring tones

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

rhythmheavenfan

I wish I would've bought the original when it came out. I don't have a DSi.

rhythmheavenfan

Grumble

weirdadam wrote:

There are only ten planktons. That equals $20. It's okay, math isn't everyone's strong suit. Half the going price definitely sounds like a good deal to me, especially since very few of us will want all of them. I'm a huge fan of the original, and I know I'll only be getting about half of them, and at my own pace.

Also, Warioswoods, that is indeed a good idea, though unfortunately I haven't won a free spare DSi to test this out with, so if you do get this working and working well, make sure to record it and share with us!

True, but the cart is collectible and a more cohesive package... who wants seperate planktons on their dsi system all of the time? Just sounds like they could have made it an 800 pt release all together or in fact created new plankton content and not just given us what is already there but in smaller bits. Oh well. I digress.

Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 Fan of: Zelda, Mario, Pac-Man, Metroid, Capt Toad, the list goes on. Love all systems: GBA, GBA SE, NES, Gameboy, 3DS, N64, Super Nintendo, etc, Atari, etc.

warioswoods

geek-master wrote:

hey could you make us some free ring tones

In the future, all rings tones will be composed using Electroplankton.

I'd gladly take any of those 3 clips I just posted for my ring tone, or any Hanenbow creation.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

Ballistick, splitting them up allows curious DSi users to sample the game cheaply before diving in. I doubt many people would pay $8 for it not knowing what it is, because that is actually a high price for DSiWare, relatively.

Also, it's not up to Nintendo to make new Electroplankton. It's Toshio Iwai's property, and he is more of an installation artist. Game design is a very infrequent endeavor for him. The last work he did was creating an electronic instrument called the Tenori-on, so I think it's safe to say he's moved on to bigger things, though I do hope he continues to make the odd game every so often.

By the way, really nice stuff, Wario. I figured it would be less impressive without the visuals, but I found myself wanting those variations more than the visuals. I'll have to see how good the different plankton sound layered over each other in recordings once I have more. Beatnes isn't really suited to playing with other plankton, and there's really no need to layer Tracies, I don't think. The idea of recording Electroplankton suddenly has me wanting Lumiloops afterall.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Chony_Lee

I have the cart of this game. It's "neat", but it has about a 2 hour maximum of fun. My six year old can only play it for 10 minutes until he's bored. There is absolutely no replay value, unless you're into psychedelic drugs. DO NOT spend your money on this.

"EXTRA BAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!" -Zeus

warioswoods

Chony+Lee wrote:

My six year old can only play it for 10 minutes until he's bored.

Funny, that's pretty much identical to the reactions Wii Music got, with many on the web proudly announcing the unimpressed reactions of their own offspring and relatives as some sort of proof of the game's lack of depth. All I can say is: it's not for everyone, and sometimes -- just sometimes -- a child is driven to boredom due to not having sufficient attention span or intelligence to delve deeper into something of this sort. The same child might also be bored in 5 minutes if given a violin, and while that's another thing entirely, it similarly is no mark against the instrument.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

I can think of a million other things most six-year-olds can't do for ten minutes without getting bored... namely, everything but watch TV. It's no mark against the game or the child if it doesn't hold his or her attention for long.

I'm continually surprised that people buy this and don't like it. I mean, it does exactly what it appears to do. I think the appeal is really obvious, and it's odd that people who aren't into this sort of thing buy it in the first place. Like Wario says, it's not for everyone, but it's not like it's pretending to be a game and fooling anyone into buying it. It's an experimental music maker. That's all you do. It doesn't pretend to offer real instrument sounds or options for changing key, etc. They idea is to make it so that all notes work together, allowing anyone to pick it up and make music.

For $2, I'm even more surprised there are such adamant naysayers. Seriously, if you have the most remote interest in the series, pick up one of them. At worst, you hate it and you're out $2. Boo frickin hoo. I can understand people not liking it. I understand that very much. But what's the point in urging people not to try a single Electroplankton? Clearly there are people who do in fact like the innovative game.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Chony_Lee

warioswoods wrote:

Chony+Lee wrote:

sometimes -- just sometimes -- a child is driven to boredom due to not having sufficient attention span or intelligence to delve deeper into something of this sort. .

My son has Aspergers and could read at the age of 2. He's plenty smart enough. I question the intelligence of the people who would pay for this game, though.

"EXTRA BAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!" -Zeus

theblackdragon

@Chony Lee: just because you and your son were not impressed does not mean it is necessary for you to call into question the intelligence of those who chose to pay for this/these games. Some of us are enjoying our new purchases, thanks. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

warioswoods

I didn't mean to question the intelligence of your kid relative to other kids, but just in general I was stating that a child's interest in a game isn't a measure of its depth or replay value, for a child's intelligence and attention span are very different from adults in a number of ways.

Adam

And intelligence has what to do with enjoying a musical application, anyway...?

Come on, friends,

ReZon

weirdadam wrote:

I'm continually surprised that people buy this and don't like it. I mean, it does exactly what it appears to do. I think the appeal is really obvious, and it's odd that people who aren't into this sort of thing buy it in the first place. Like Wario says, it's not for everyone, but it's not like it's pretending to be a game and fooling anyone into buying it. It's an experimental music maker. That's all you do. It doesn't pretend to offer real instrument sounds or options for changing key, etc. They idea is to make it so that all notes work together, allowing anyone to pick it up and make music.

For $2, I'm even more surprised there are such adamant naysayers. Seriously, if you have the most remote interest in the series, pick up one of them. At worst, you hate it and you're out $2. Boo frickin hoo. I can understand people not liking it. I understand that very much. But what's the point in urging people not to try a single Electroplankton? Clearly there are people who do in fact like the innovative game.

This. QFT. Well said. etc.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

WAIW

Chony+Lee wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

Chony+Lee wrote:

sometimes -- just sometimes -- a child is driven to boredom due to not having sufficient attention span or intelligence to delve deeper into something of this sort. .

My son has Aspergers and could read at the age of 2. He's plenty smart enough. I question the intelligence of the people who would pay for this game, though.

Didn't you buy it?

WAIW

cheetahman91

Guess what everyone, more are on the way.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Adam

WAIW wrote:

Chony+Lee wrote:

I question the intelligence of the people who would pay for this game, though.

Didn't you buy it?

Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

cheetahman91

I just wanted to share that. I thought some people would be interested.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

bboy2970

cheetahman91 wrote:

I just wanted to share that. I thought some people would be interested.

Not Chony Lee.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.