Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,772

rosemo

To follow up Odnentin, I saw you are getting Ivy. I have that and thought it was well worth 500 points. You can't go wrong there.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

NintendoCoDGamer

Alright, I purchased Bird and Beans (or Pyoro)

Spotto!

and Army Defender, all of which are superb titles.

Also... Dr. Mario Express could have been 200 points. Just sayin'.

Of course I may have a bias on that because I really really really phail at Dr. Mario.

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

joebe1

Super tough choice

Cave Story or Shantae

If they were both 1000 points each I would have bought both, however there are so many points on a point card.

If everyone said what they felt, you would get nothing but a bunch of asterisks and moderated messages.-MetalFox3k

zezhyrule

joebe1 wrote:

Super tough choice

Cave Story or Shantae

If they were both 1000 points each I would have bought both, however there are so many points on a point card.

Cave story. No question in my mind, especially if you haven't played it before. I have both, so I should know :3
They're both explorative games, but more so Cave Story imo.

Besides - In Cave Story, you attack with a gun. Shantae? Your hair. Your choice ;P

Shantae is also a little slower paced than Cave Story, but if you like that then go for it.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

shinesprite

Hair wins every time (not much of a shooter fan)

shinesprite

salty1264

joebe1 wrote:

Super tough choice

Cave Story or Shantae

totally cave story

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

TTGlider

My take...

Shantae; an extremely well done imitation of a 16-bit (not just in look, but in "tone", gameplay, etc) platformer with balance of humor, character and action

Cave Story; glows with hand-made "pride" but short on refinement. Deserves the 9s (I think it's more like a strong 8 if we take out the whole 'labor of love' aspect) its won. Longer, more emphasis on puzzle on story than shooting (or whipping or 'bonking'), but still a lot of shooting!

And my personal fave...

Dark Void Zero! Maybe I'm aweful at games (I'm aweful at games), but it earned its price (a scant 500 points) just on easy mode and I still haven't won 'hard'. Finely-tuned movement and a color pallet and sound track that exactly cops the 8-bit generation. Add in a nice map filling the second screen and (IMHO) a decent 'perfect run' play through potential and it's my fave DSiWare platformer! Basically no story or puzzle element, just reaction, jet packing and blasting.

TTGlider

slidecage

can someone recommend some games to download Mostly just like RPG type games

so far grabbed
Absolute Reversi (harder then i thought it would be)
Academy: Tic-Tac-Toe
crystal monsters
Elemental Masters (love this game ... got it 12/8 and cant stop playing it
Zenonia (have yet to play it)
Sujin Taisen Number Battles (another game i got today what i love)

not really sure how much i want to put into the DSI since once the system breaks im out all of the cash since i cant transfer these games to a new system (dont konw why nintendo is the only one who does this)

also almost out of blocks (down to like 141 blocks)

also i heard that not many RPGS will be coming for the dsiwere cause of the lack of space (most rpgs are too big to put on the system

slidecage

LordJumpMad

Hay, I don't know what Cave Story to Get?
DSi or Wii?
Are they the same, or do The other one has more?

I really enjoy playing it on the PC, but I hear There more to the game on Console.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

jdarrell

@slidecage I can't think of any RPGs to recommend off the top of my head, but here's a few games that might interest you:
Rytmik Rock Edition (200 points) - Music creation station
Pop Island Paperfield (200) - A capture the flag game, but fun to try for 200
Aura-Aura (200) - A very good grappling/platform game
A Kappa's Trail (500) - Action/puzzle game by Brownie Brown (I haven't played this one, but was the first that came to my mind after reading your post)
Castle Conqueror (500) - Casual "RTS" game

If you're considering Dragon Quest Wars, some people like it but I don't recommend it...
There's also a lot of good 200 point games and a lot of popular games

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

jdarrell

@Jumpmad I've only played the DSi version of Cave Story, but I think the quick answer is the Wii version has the most features. But I'd still recommend playing it on the system you like most out of Wii/DS/PC.

PC = Free
Wii = Random features
DS = Portable

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

LordJumpMad

jdarrell wrote:

@Jumpmad I've only played the DSi version of Cave Story, but I think the quick answer is the Wii version has the most features. But I'd still recommend playing it on the system you like most out of Wii/DS/PC.

PC = Free
Wii = Random features
DS = Portable

I really want to get it for The DSi but, can you play as Curly Brace?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

jdarrell

I believe the only DS feature is Time Attack (starts at hidden stage). It makes a great portable game though.

jdarrell

slidecage

like i said im new to the market of downloads and almost out of blocks..how do i get more blocks and if i get a memory card and move a game to the memory card do i have to redownload it to the system (i dont have high speed wi fi where i live so i use the libary hook up to download the games) its just too bad nintendo wont allow you to move the games from system to system... i have a 3 year replacemtn plan though best buy so if the system breaks it has to go there and i lose all of my games

slidecage

jdarrell

The fast way is to get an SD card and store games you're not playing on that (memory size doesn't matter, you'll likely never come close to running out of space unless you fill the whole thing up with audio files).

The slow way is to delete the games you're not playing, and then redownload from DSiWare shop for free.

If you do get your DSi replaced, I think there's a small chance Nintendo shall transfer your Club Nintendo account (with games) to the new DSi if you call them.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

slidecage

well hopefully more games i like will be out shortly.. picked up 2 2000 pt cards for 34 at a local store to store up on them

slidecage

slidecage

another stupid question... do i have to download the games to the DSI Then transfer them to the memory card or if i have a memory card in the system and start downloading do the games go right to the memory card.. i have around 110 blocks left and want to pick up 10 200 pt games there is no way 10 games will fit on 110 blocks so would they move automatic to the memory card or do i have to do that (move the games i got on the dsi now to the memory card before i can download the new games) and do i have to be hooked to the internet to move the games back from the memory card to the dsi

slidecage

HP_3

@slidecage
Dsi downloaded games only store on the internal memory. You have to move some Dsiware games to your SD card, and you don't have to be connected to the internet to do so.

HP_3

lemonhead

alright!!!!!!!!!..........armada....x space.........or super hero ogre

lemonhead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic