Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,772

xraydash

cheapogamer4life wrote:

I have a 8 niece who really loved games like ... Oregon Trail(800 np's) and Mario vs. Donkey: MMA(800 np's).

Good suggestions. We actually have these. My daughter's dsi will be the fourth one in our house!

Birdman13 wrote:

Pop Island: Paperfield is definitely a must-buy for your daughter. It's very addictive and highly similar to Mario Kart's Battle Mode... Welcome to Nintendo Life!

iphys wrote:

For a 6-year-old I'd recommend Aura-Aura Climber, Pop Island Paperfield, and Spotto.

rosebud wrote:

I think on this thread I recommended the same games as iphys with addition of Castle of Magic also.

Thanks everyone! There's actually 100 points on there from the previous owner so I could get all of these for a ten dollar investment.

xraydash

yodude

Boxlife trumps all to date IMO. The beauty of it is everygame you have a potential for a high score, perfect game design, and if that is not achieved during your game, then at least you are working towards un lockables as your score accumulates. Pictobits is a favorite as well followed by base10, Puzzle League and Aura-Aura Climber.

Edited on by yodude

yodude

Bassman_Q

@Slave- Army Defender is pretty good, but admitedly gets old fast and is more like a handheld arcade game. With a bigger and better library than when AD first came out, it's hard to recommend this title. Thorium Wars, on the other hand, is a really great game that I can recommend. It's basically a 3D vehicular shooter that plays similar to an FPS, though the difficulty can be really frustrating at times. While most people here on NintendoLife don't seem to have the patience with this game, I thought the game was really enjoyable for the most part and quite rewarding with the unlockable gallery and theater modes. It comes highly recommended by me, as long as you have patience.

@iLander &xraydash- I recommend Aura-Aura Climber for the both of you. 10 Second Run and Spotto are also pretty good, and people are saying that Defence Wars is a good game for its price.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

sonic_brawler95

How's Airace? It looks great, but its 800 points in the US. Is it worth the extra $3, considering that its 500 in Europe? Thanks.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

cheapogamer4life

@SB95:
Probably not, depends on what you like I guess. Honestly I didn't find to much wrong with that one other then maybe being a little lacking in track courses. Theirs only six(or so) but each course has a backwards mirrored track as well which add a little more replay value. 2 things I really liked about this one was the option to adjust the difficulty on the main menu screen and the touch or button control option. The game really looks and plays good which will give you plenty challenge on the higher difficulty setting. Personally I enjoy planes and racing games so this purchase was a no brainer for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

HolyMackerel

I would have bought AiRace at 800 points, but the differing prices between NA and EU left a bad taste in my mouth. There really isn't any reason for the price difference. It's a shame because I was looking forward to it.

HolyMackerel

iphys

Considering the points are more expensive in the first place in Europe I don't think you're actually paying more to pay 800 NA points vs 500 EU points if that makes you feel any better about it.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

NintendoCoDGamer

Anyone know how good Super Hero Ogre was?

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

NintendoCoDGamer

With 600 points....

what games would be good to get?

I've looked at Spotto, Army Defender, and Ninja Karakuri Den

and I have AAC and Pop Island: Paperfield plus GO Series: 10 second run

Edited on by NintendoCoDGamer

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

Odnetnin

Yes, AlphaBounce. Flipper or precipice would be good purchases too.

I need advice on how to spend my next points card depending on the price of Cave Story. If it's over 800 I won't buy it, and if it is 800 or less I have 1200+ points to spend. I want Shantae but it doesn't seem very appropriate, so let's say that's off the table. I was thinking something along the lines of 500 + 500 + 200. The best trio of games I can come up with so far are Tetris, Ivy, and 10 Second Run, but there's another game I'm sure would be much better than all of those combined regardless of its price, though I don't know how long I can wait for it to come out before breaking down and going on an impulse-buying spree. See the new DSiWare thread about it I've made for more on that.

Anywho, any and all advice (including what I should spend my extra 800 points on if Cave Story is too expensive) is quite welcome.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

KnucklesSonic8

Some titles to consider...

• X-Scape
  • DQ Wars
  • Divergent Shift
  • Fire Panic
  • Globulos Party
  • PB Games: The Royal Bluff

Ivy? Mini is great, especially if you don't really plan on getting the retail release anytime soon. Tetris Party Live is fun, and 10 Second Run is fun for a while too.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

Birdman

@CoD - That is probably the best way to spend 600 points, considering the titles that you have.

@Odnetrin - I'd totally reccomend getting Ivy Mini. The Tetris version on DSiWare is primarily online-focused, so don't expect the offline to keep you amused for a while. 10 Second Run is good for a platformer (just mind the small saving issue), and that and Ivy should be enough to hold off on impulse buying, at least until you can get more Nintendo Points.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Odnetnin

@Knux I already have the first two titles, but I will look into the others. Ivy keeps sounding better and better, and I'll still definitely consider the last two.
@Birdman OK, that's it. I'm getting Ivy. Thanks for the warning on the other two, I shall have to think about them for a bit longer.
Thanks for the recommendations, both of you.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

rosemo

@odnetnin: I haven't bought a lot of DSiWare lately, but I would suggest Flametail. Face Pilot is a lot of fun if you have good lighting. I agree with you on Shantae. I don't think it was necessary to have a game where most of the main female characters were in various states of undress, so I decided not to get it, even if IGN nominated it for DS GOTY. You could also download 4 200 point games. Frenzic and Rytmic: Rock Edition look promising. I thought Divergent Shift was decent but probably not worth 800 points. I know some have suggested Go Go Island Rescue as pretty cool, and Dodogo Challenge! looks pretty good as well. OK, I am going to stop rambling.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic