Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,772

Funky_Gamer

Thanks so much amigo!

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

LuWiiGi

No problemo.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

cheapogamer4life

LuWiiGi wrote:

Does anyone know if Aura-Aura Climber is coming to Europe? I sure hope it is.

After doing a very intense internet search(google) I......
got nothing, sorry.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

IAmNotWill

Funky Gamer wrote:

Content wise, is Aura Aura climber or Spotto better?
And which one will last a longer time?
How hard are they?

Aura Aura Climber:

• 10 levels
  • Marathon Mode
  • Endless mode
  • longer levels
  • Achievements

Spotto:

• 50 levels in story
  • Story Mode Pro, Same 50 levels but harder this time. (Unlocked after beating regular story mode.)
  • Survival Mode
  • Shorter levels

I'd go for Aura-Aura. It'll last you longer. Both games are excellent, so get Spotto some time later.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

turtlelink

I'll have 800 points left over if i get Shantae. Should I get:

Mario vs Donkey Kong
Mr. Driller
or Art Academy Second Semester?

These are the only ones that interest me atm.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

rosemo

@turtlelink: I agree with Birdman13. Get MvDK. It will last you a good long time.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Doing up a quick Wishlist of DSiWare games for when I get a 3DS in the coming months. Anybody know of some good ones they think I'm missing? Here's my current list:

Shantae: Risky Revenge
AlphaBounce
Mighty Flip Champ
GG Series: Ninja Karakuri Den
GG Series: Super Hero Ogre
GG Series: Wonder Land
ArtStyle: PiCTOBiTS
ArtStyle: DIGIDRIVE
Starship Defense
X-Scape
Trajectile
Metal Torrent
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
Dark Void Zero
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
Cave Story

If you can't tell already, I like pretty much every kind of game, so just throw in your suggestions and I'll probably take your word for it. Oh, and specifically what's the best Electroplankton game?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Odnetnin

@Mickey Don't listen to NintendoLife's review on this one; if you like Chess then Absolute Chess is a steal for 200 points. Rytmik (800) is great for music-making if you're into that. Art Style precipice is very addictive; I've played it again and again and I'm still glad I forked over 500 points for this one.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Birdman

@mickeymac - I'd add Aura-Aura Climber, 10 Second Run and Maestro! Green Groove to that list; they're all awesome. Beatnes is probably one of the better Electroplankton games out there, but I only have 2 and don't reccomend games I don't have.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

deFlip

My 7 year old niece is coming over this weekend and i promised to put Spotto on her dsi as her first dsiware game. she always steals my dsi to play it anyway

Any other great games a 7 year old might enjoy? Controls should be simple and straightforward. I was thinking aura aura climber maybe?

edit: games on eu shop only

Edited on by deFlip

deFlip

LuWiiGi

Aura-aura climber is a good idea. Just don't get her any Petz games or any of that rubbish. Trajectile is a lot like Spotto, and it has simple controls, but it's a bit harder. DodoGo is also great and simple.

EDIT: Wow, I'm British and I called Reflect Missile 'Trajectile'. Why did I do that?

Edited on by LuWiiGi

Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

jdarrell

@deFlip: Maybe look at one of the camera games? Face Pilot and Tales in a Box are 500 points each and are really good if you like the novelty/gimmick.

jdarrell

rosemo

@deflip: My 7 year old loves Pop Island. He does not like the camera games because he is not patient enough with the controls. Pop Island is happy and can be set to an easy difficulty. Furthermore, the game has very simple rules.

rosemo

cheapogamer4life

@Mickeymac:
Little Red Riding Hood: Zombie BBQ hasn't made it to the NA shop yet. Hopefully by the time the 3DS is release it will have made it though. I think a Halloween release is looking pretty good for that game.

If your looking to balance your list out farther I'd go with Bomberman: Blitz as a good online game. I had a chance to play a little this weeekend and although the US lobby was pretty empty the worldwide matches still seem to be going strong. Other then that your list looks great.

LuWiiGi wrote:

EDIT: Wow, I'm British and I called Reflect Missile 'Trajectile'. Why did I do that?

because you changed.....your one of us now

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

rosemo

@deflip: My seven year old also likes Castle of Magic and Photo Dojo. I think you have plenty of cheap game choices for young kids on DSiWare.

rosemo

LuWiiGi

cheapogamer4life wrote:

LuWiiGi wrote:

because you changed.....your one of us now

Lol, I guess I am.

Slave

What other Major titles are coming to DSiWare? Seems like after shantae and Zenonia... nothing really good or super hyped is coming...
Yeah ok there's Cave Story (which I already have on the Wii)... so guessing DSiWare will die out after Cave Story?
What are the upcoming titles I should save my wii points for?
-Cave Story (I wouldnt get it since I already have it on the wii)
-Clayfighter (i love fighting games... been waiting for that one, liked it back on SNES... is it still coming? Cancelled?)
-Mecho Wars (announced summer last year, still not out, recently came out on iPhone, it's an advance war clone... I love STR games)

Otherwise.... nothing really worth it?

I have 800 points left... should I wait? Or use them for some other game? I was thinking probably getting GG Super Hero Orgre + Data mine (cool beat them up game + Pang clone... love pang)

otherwise I dunno... maybe:
AR:Aquite (looks like a good puzzler)
Reflect Missiles (looks like a good puzzler)
Soul of Darkness (looks like a good Action game)
Thorium Wars (I dunno, how is it really? more actiony or more STR?)
Army Defender (I love tower defence... dunno about that one)
Viking invasion (my Love for tower defence...)

Games I already own: Fieldrunners, Mighty Flip Champs!, Castle Conqueror, SteamWorld Tower Defense, Blayzbloo, Legendary Wars: T-Rex, AlphaBounce, X-Scape, Photo Dojo, Looksley's Line Up, Metal Torrent, Starship Defence, Shantae, Zenonia, Cosmo X2.

Slave

jdarrell

I think you would like Aquite. It's like Tetris for people who get bored of other match-3 games easily.

I think Soul of Darkness is similar to Shantae. Except even shorter (I'd guess 1-3 hours), a bit lower quality, and emphasis on killing everything instead of exploring. I would recommend just Shantae to anyone, but if you like the action emphasis it's an option.

The other games I don't have so no comment

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic