Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,772

Odnetnin

@KCK
Pop Island Paperfield is improved from the original as far as I know--it's certainly not downsized, just cheaper.

Personally out of your list for 1200 points I'd recommend:
Glow Artisan
AlphaBounce
Aura-Aura Climber (though I haven't played it; heard it was great)

Using any combination of 500 + 500 + 200, based on the games I've downloaded:
AlphaBounce
Art Style precipice
QuickPick Farmer

AlphaBounce, Trajectile (haven't played), and Pop Island Paperfield (haven't played) are probably your best bets though. Happy downloading!

@Willerz I love QuickPick Farmer, though not everyone seems to enjoy it. Wait for the review of Pop Island Paperfield; that could very well be the best 200-pointer out there.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Birdman

Willerz - The best 200 point games on DSiWare in my opinion are Aura-Aura Climber, Pop Island: Paperfield, Game & Watch: Donkey Kong Jr., Spotto! and Robot Rescue. However, Teyon is working on a sequel to Robot Rescue, so you may not want to get that one.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

cheapogamer4life

Willerz wrote:

I've got 200 points going spare. Any suggestions?

I havent play to many 200 point games, but the best one I have is Escapee Go! The story mode may not be that long but with around 15 levels to choose from in survival mode I find myself coming back to that title a lot.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Funky_Gamer

KCKowalchuk wrote:

So i can't decide what DSiWare game i should buy. i am looking for 500 point games and these are the ones i chose:
-Bomberman Blitz
-PiCTOBiTS
-Trajectile
-Glow Artisan
-AlphaBounce
-Soul of Darkness
-Pop Island (hows the single player?)
-Castle of Magic (is it too short?)
and -Mr. Driller

Lastly, i am choosing between 3 200 point games.
-Aura-Aura Climber
-Spotto
and -Touch Solitaire.

If you can give your input on what i should get, that would be awesome!
P.S- i have not interest in the Electro-plankton and Game&Watch series's.
thanks!

My favorite 500 point DSiWare is Alphabounce. PERIOD. It has limitless levels (at least it feels like it), and all sorts of awesome powerups. I can play it for hours. Just yesterday I started playing it again because I was bored. If you want a medacine to boredom, it is definetly Alphabounce.

The other 500 point DSiWare game I like on your list is Pictobits. You get all sorts of great challenges, and once you beat those, you can get the Dark Levels. Really really really hard levels. You also get to listed to classic NES music! (You can even hear it in sleep mode without head phones. Weird...)

I just recently got 5 in 1, and I really like it. You can play 5 different versions of solitare: Klondike, Spider, Golf, Gaps, and I forgot the other one. (So sorry). But it is really fun. Probably the best 200 point DSiWare.

My first choice would difenitely be Alphabouce though.

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

ErrorSupply

@ Funky Gamer

Are you sure that's not 5 in 1 Solitaire you're speaking of?

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

hulklol123456789

A good 200pts game is aura climber, you cant go wrong with it. 2 500pts games I recommend is AS: pictobits and fieldrunners but I have hear that reflect misile is very good too. Have you consider the option of buying a 800 game and two 200 games? that will be aura, spotto and mario, minis march.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

hulklol123456789

Ok now I need help haha.
I have 4800pts and need to chose between these games, I want to end with 0 poits and not like 100 (srry if i wte wrong the name of the games, im with the dsi browser and cant copy-paste)

• reflect misile
  • art style: zengage
  • xscape
  • pop island
  • pi: paperfield
  • quick pick farmer
  • animal colour cross
  • soul of darkness
  • art style: base 10
  • art style: aquia
  • frogger returns
  • spin six
  • the new teyon game (the puzzlerone with jewels)
  • dragon quest wars
  • maybe dodogo
  • maestro: green grove
  • the new game from sabraasa
  • a kappas trail
  • flametail
  • metal torrent

wich ones should I get?

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

KnucklesSonic8

X-Scape is a must! Check out my review here: http://bit.ly/a7Q5K0
And I also highly recommend Pop Island. Super Swap is great too. Let me know if I can provide more help.

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

I recommend Aura-Aura Climber, most likely the best 200-point game on Dsiware. Pop Island and Dragon Quest Wars are even better.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

jdarrell

@hulk

I love most of those games, so depends which ones you have a specific interest in
Was it a typo when you said 4800 points?

• reflect misile (500) - Don't have, sounds good
  • art style: zengage (500) - I found this to be too hard to enjoy. Think this is for people who know the difference between a 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 rubik cube off the top of their head. But great game if you want to stare at a puzzle for an hour to figure out your next move.
  • xscape (800) - don't have
  • pop island (500) - don't have
  • pi: paperfield (200) - amazing game, for 200 points the solo mode is worth it without multiplayer
  • quick pick farmer (200) - This is a great stylus action high score game. I rotate it with Pinball Pulse daily challenge, Metal Torrent, and Paper Airplane Chase
  • animal colour cross (200) - Don't have, but reminds me of http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/ , ACC sounds like great puzzle value on DSiWare if you don't already have retail Picross games to finish off
  • soul of darkness (500) - Definitely worth it, and I can replay half the game each day without getting bored. But I like my other DSiWare more
  • art style: base 10 (500) - Loved by some, but I don't recommend
  • art style: aquia (500) - This is a very fast paced match 3 game, and since you can choose your object it's likely to be fun. I don't like Tetris, Bejeweled, etc., but I love this. So depends what match 3 game you want
  • frogger returns (500) - Don't have. Looks interesting, but I'm betting there's better games to get
  • spin six (500) - Don't have, sounds like a mut-have for puzzle fans?
  • the new teyon game [Super Swap] (500) - Don't have
  • dragon quest wars - I don't recommend this game because I don't like the characters. I think you really have to get into the tactics to enjoy this game
  • maybe dodogo (800) - Don't have, sounds like a must-have if you like MvDK or Lemmings
  • maestro: green grove (500) - Don't have
  • the new game from sabraasa [Primrose] (200) - Don't have, try the free PC version that's linked to in the impressions topic
  • a kappas trail (500) - Don't have, didn't look interesting to me, but otherwise sounds like a must-have
  • flametail (500) - Don't have, looks like a cool unique puzzle game
  • metal torrent (500) - Like I said, gives me a great daily rotation of high score games

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

Funky_Gamer

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Ok now I need help haha.
I have 4800pts and need to chose between these games, I want to end with 0 poits and not like 100 (srry if i wte wrong the name of the games, im with the dsi browser and cant copy-paste)

• reflect misile
  • art style: zengage
  • xscape
  • pop island
  • pi: paperfield
  • quick pick farmer
  • animal colour cross
  • soul of darkness
  • art style: base 10
  • art style: aquia
  • frogger returns
  • spin six
  • the new teyon game (the puzzlerone with jewels)
  • dragon quest wars
  • maybe dodogo
  • maestro: green grove
  • the new game from sabraasa
  • a kappas trail
  • flametail
  • metal torrent

wich ones should I get?

All I have in that list is X-Scape. It is a great game. I hear that there is over 9 hours of playtime not including the side missions. It is really hard, but I like that. Its effects are so good that it makes you think that your screen is messed up.

ErrorSupply wrote:

@ Funky Gamer

Are you sure that's not 5 in 1 Solitaire you're speaking of?

Yeah. Sorry I thought they were the same thing.

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Birdman

Hulklol - Wow. That's a big list. Let me try to give you my favorites.

Get the following for sure: X-Scape, Pop Island: Paperfield, Reflect Missile and A Kappa's Trail. That should leave you with 2,800 points.

If you enjoyed Mario vs. DK: MMA, DodoGo! is probably worth it. The mechanics resemble the second game in the Mario vs. DK series (March of the Minis), but it also has one of the best art styles in the entire DSiWare library.

So, if you've followed my advice you should have 2,000 points left. It's kind of hard for me to make reccomendations at this point, due to me either barely playing them or not having them, as I don't reccomend games I don't have.

If you like Paperfield, get the original Pop Island, as in addition to 8 more maps to play on, supposedly more maps open up on Paperfield. Spin Six is very similar to Bejeweled Twist, but it lacks the endless mode of Twist. Other than that it's a good game.

And that's about all I got. I actually have Flametail and Maestro! Green Groove sitting on my DSi's menu, unopened. If you're still undecided in a couple of days, I can give you my impressions then, though I have Dragon Quest IX burning a hole in my pocket.

One more thing: DO NOT BUY ART STYLE: ZENGAGE IF YOU DON'T LIKE SLIDING TILE PUZZLES AT ALL. That is all.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

LordJumpMad

200 points left

Pop Island: Paperfield or Aura-Aura Climber

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

KnucklesSonic8

If you've never tried Pop Island before, get Paperfield.

KnucklesSonic8

jdarrell

Assuming you don't have Pop Island Original:

If more people posted their high scores, I think that would make Aura Aura worth replaying even more and I would give it the edge. But I haven't even heard anyone else say they unlocked all the achievements.

So I'm giving the edge to Paperfield. The different maps, difficulties, characters, controls, and play modes make it seem very customisable and enjoyable.

jdarrell

iphys

Paperfield and Aura-Aura Climber are both polished games that are worth far more than 200 points, so you should aim to get them both eventually. Personally, I prefer the unique gameplay mechanic of Aura-Aura (reminds me a little bit of the grapple arm in Bionic Commando, but it's not even quite like that). Probably the main fun of Paperfield is if you have a bunch of friends that you could play it with.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Odnetnin

@hulklol These are the games on your list that I own:
X-Scape (which is awesome, should be one of your first choices, if not your first)
QuickPick Farmer (I play it every day like jdarrel, great deal for 200 points)
Dragon Quest Wars (not made for single player and not many people/no one plays on Wi-Fi anymore so I wouldn't recommend it)

Also I hear that Reflect Missile, the Pop Island games, Soul of Darkness, and A Kappa's Trail are by and large awesome.

@JumpMad Haven't played either but I hear they're both great. Paperfield is the easy multiplayer choice even if your friends don't have the game or even a DSi; it's download play, but Aura-Aura seems to be a great game for getting high scores.

Good luck guys and happy downloading.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

KCKowalchuk

i got paperfield and it's pretty sick. i don't know how it compares to aura aura climber but its good

KCKowalchuk

ErrorSupply

I'm going to recommend Primrose, because it seems like it's going to be a widely overlooked gem. With the glut of puzzle games on DSiWare, it's easy to write it off as more of the same, but nothing could be further from the truth. Its gameplay has an elegant simplicity that gives it an easy to pick up quality, beginning with sandbox like freedom in setting up patterns, but as you continue your choices can become very constricted in contrast, and you'll begin to wish you had planned ahead a bit more.
This game has grown on me, so much that it has replaced Aura Aura as my favorite 200 point game.

Edited on by ErrorSupply

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic