Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,772

jdarrell

@peterifico: I haven't played DoDoGo!, but I think you'll like it
Based on the feedback I've seen at this site, it looks like it almost compares to Mario vs DK, and MvDK is probably the DSiWare I see the least complaints about. If you've read the review here, you should know what cons to expect and go for it (I'll assume you're not worried about the game length either and just want something you'll enjoy.)

@turtlelink: Those three are all good games, but there's also a couple more 200-point games you could consider instead: Aura-Aura Climber and EA Sudoku. EA has made a fun to play version of Sudoku. Aura-Aura doesn't have as good replay as some of your other games, but you might get more hours out of it because of all the medals in the game.

And this week seemed to have some good games. You might want to wait until next week if you can to see if even more comes out.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

turtlelink

jdarrell wrote:

@peterifico: I haven't played DoDoGo!, but I think you'll like it
Based on the feedback I've seen at this site, it looks like it almost compares to Mario vs DK, and MvDK is probably the DSiWare I see the least complaints about. If you've read the review here, you should know what cons to expect and go for it (I'll assume you're not worried about the game length either and just want something you'll enjoy.)

@turtlelink: Those three are all good games, but there's also a couple more 200-point games you could consider instead: Aura-Aura Climber and EA Sudoku. EA has made a fun to play version of Sudoku. Aura-Aura doesn't have as good replay as some of your other games, but you might get more hours out of it because of all the medals in the game.

And this week seemed to have some good games. You might want to wait until next week if you can to see if even more comes out.

Thanks but i just want one of those 3.No 200 points games.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

hulklol123456789

Hey I have heard that both trajectile and bejeweled twist are great games, but I can't decide in wich one to buy, as I have hear trajectile is like spotto, but longer and with speciall features, spotto have 100 levels 50 normal 50 (the same) but special, and a highscore mode, so my questions is, wich modes have trajectile, how much levels, wich are the differences between spotto and trajectile, what make it better than spotto, how much is funnier trajectile than spotto? I enjoy spotto, but not soo much like other games.

About bejeweled twis, I ahve already play it on the computer, I find it good but a little too easy, no time, no points, just passing the levels before one bomb explodes, so how it is in the dsi? different? easier? harder? wich modes do the game have, why will you recommend it?

So I wait for your questions!!!!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

KnucklesSonic8

Bejeweled Twist is not the same as Bejeweled 2, just to be clear. I recommend it because it's great for portable puzzle gaming sessions. Has a few modes but lacks multiplayer. It's only $5, though.

Get Trajectile. Much more content. To me, they're not the same.

KnucklesSonic8

hulklol123456789

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Bejeweled Twist is not the same as Bejeweled 2, just to be clear.

Yeah I know, the one I have play was bejeweled twist, not 2.

But I want to know a little more of the aspects of boths games, I have already read reviews and watch videos, but I want to hear what other peoples have to say.

Edited on by hulklol123456789

KnucklesSonic8

Alright, just making sure. There's only one play option and it's split into single/multiplayer, that's it. Although there's no time as you said, there are high-scores. It's a trimmed-down version of the retail release.

KnucklesSonic8

hulklol123456789

Hey should I get Dragon Quest Wars, it is good? it is worth the prize?

Birdman

If you're wanting a good multiplayer game and willing to search for Wi-Fi multiplayer matches, it would be worth it, but it lacks a good single player campaign and pick-up-and-play online multiplayer matches are nearly nonexsistant, not unlike Number Battle.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

KnucklesSonic8

If anything, online matches are easier to come by in DQW than in Number Battle from what I've observed. Definitely worth the $5. Here's what I thought of it: http://bit.ly/ce5VoI

KnucklesSonic8

cheapogamer4life

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

If anything, online matches are easier to come by in DQW than in Number Battle from what I've observed. Definitely worth the $5.

That maybe true, but thats what these forums are here for, The “number battle” thread seem to be really active right now.

@ hulk:
I thought you had DQW already? Any how, for a better strategy game I would go with Number Battle. DQW's is one I still play a lot of though. It looks good and plays just as well (if not a little on the easy side).

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

KnucklesSonic8

True. But he was referring to "pick-up-and-play" multiplayer", not multiplayer where you arrange matches in advance. I agree that Number Battle has more depth, but the simplicity of DQW is quite charming. It has its room for tactics as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either, honestly.

KnucklesSonic8

hulklol123456789

He thanks everyone for their answer, I really don't see anything in number battle, so well, with the new release these 24th may I decide that I will waste less money on Dsi ware games, so I will only buy the best ones. So im seeing wich from these 5 games im going to buy.

• Dragon Quest Wars
  • Metal Torrent
  • Frogger Returns
  • Advanced Circuits
  • Bejeweled Twist

Well for me basically im counting some important points:

• Gameplay: the game must have a great gameplay, not really hard controlls and be fun
  • Extension: the game can't be too short, but have a reasonable levels, they can be just 5 levels, but if the levels are long thats ok.
  • Dificulty: im not looking for a extreme hard game and not for a piece of cake, I want a game that gives me a chalenge, easy at the first levels but harder at the lastest ones.
  • Modes: these is really important, I like games with a variety of modes of play, 1 history, 1 quickplay and maybe 1 with scores will be good.
  • Sound and Graphics: these is not very important to me but a nice sound and well made graphics made always a good game.

So thats all I want to know wich game do you recommend to me and why, if you can you can make a list with the 2-3 games you recommend me, from the 1st one to the last. So thank you all!

KnucklesSonic8

Not too short? Might want to cut out Metal Torrent based on what I'm hearing.
Frogger Returns has a variety of modes, in fact the most out of everything on your list. You may want to think about the WiiWare version which also includes a multiplayer mode.
Bejeweled Twist only has single-player and multiplayer (wireless) and that's it. It's pretty fun but I think DQW offers better value for the money.
DQW can be deceptively challenging but the premise is fairly simple.
Can't comment on Advanced Circuits.

Any other games you're considering? Anything else you're wondering about any of these games?

KnucklesSonic8

hulklol123456789

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Any other games you're considering? Anything else you're wondering about any of these games?

Hey im really not considering any other games, I will choose 1 or 2 games from these list to add them to my list. Maybe im considering DodoGo too, so what do you think about these one? Anyways I have some other questions about those games, wich modes have frogger returns? bejeweled twist is with levels, highscore or quickplay?

I have read about Metal Torrent, it looks short but also really easy. And the review says it is a shooter game that is about improving your highscores, not my tipe of game I think, I have a wii but I don't use it alot, so I always preffer to buy the games on my portable DSi, about DQW, im interesed in these game. I have already read the review here and the one in the link you send me too, it looks nice. And in frogger returns I have seen that you pass for the same map like 5 times to beat the level, is these really repetitive making it anoying or it makes it better and funnier?

KnucklesSonic8

Bejeweled Twist is just about one mode where you aim for a high-score.

I didn't hear it was "really" easy at all. But if it's not for you, then yeah, buy something you'll enjoy.

Glad you're interested in DQW. If you get it, post your FC in the relevant topic on the Online Gaming forum and maybe I can face you.

I've only played the WiiWare version of Frogger Returns so my thoughts stem from there, so you know. I don't think it's that repetitive because that's what Frogger's always been about. It tests you to see if you can make it to the end multiple times. Ever play Frogger before?

I haven't played DodoGo yet, sorry.

KnucklesSonic8

hulklol123456789

Hahaha, yes of course I have played frogger, in game boy color, haha, can't pass the lava stage, sadly I lost that game, so I want to buy the new one, frogger returns!!!!

Bejeweled Twist highscores? ohhhhh, not for me thx.
About Metal Torrent I have seen some videos and I think its not my type of game.

I will add frogger returns and dragon quest wars to my list , thx for your help!

KnucklesSonic8

In that case, yeah, get Frogger Returns. Bet you'll enjoy it.

You're welcome. Glad I could assist.

KnucklesSonic8

LordJumpMad

I have about 700 points, But I don't know What Game well keep me coming back for more.

Aura-Aura Climber
Sujin Taisen Number Battles
Starship Patrol

I want to pick one of them but, I don't want to make an Regret Mistake.

Tell me which Game you have enjoy more, from this list, or if there an Game you think is Better.

And Thank theblackdragon, I did't see this Thread here,

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

KnucklesSonic8

Highly recommend Starship Patrol. Aura-Aura Climber is great too from what I've heard. I haven't had as much time to get very far in it but from what I played, I enjoyed it. Number Battles can be fun too if you're looking for a deep strategy game with online play. Get A and C, IMO.

KnucklesSonic8

Scarecrow

I LOVE Pinball Pulse at 500pts its an amaizing challenge. Its so deep that it will probably take you weeks to see all the modes of play available. Then you still have 200pts for something else like Birds n Beans or Sudoku. Today for example, one game of Pinball Pulse lasted nearly two hours and I broke my previous record scoring over 25,000,000. One hundred million here I come.

http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/10/pinball_pulse...

http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/10/sudoku_dsiware

Edited on by Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic