DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 41 to 60 of 1,777

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

41. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

Robot Rescue is also one of the best 200 point games on DSiWare, though a non-book control style would've helped it a lot. Also, the "robots" look more like lobsters to me.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bassman_Q

42. Posted:

@BleachFan888- U should really think about getting Thorium Wars. Its really fun and one helluva vehicle shooter.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

43. Posted:

Qwikman wrote:

@BleachFan888- U should really think about getting Thorium Wars. Its really fun and one helluva vehicle shooter.

Could you explain the control layout? I'm considering getting it.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

44. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Qwikman wrote:

@BleachFan888- U should really think about getting Thorium Wars. Its really fun and one helluva vehicle shooter.

Could you explain the control layout? I'm considering getting it.

eh, you go around with the +pad, left and right move the camera, up and down move the tank, use R to shoot, and something like that, i havent played in a good time, i got tired of the enless shoothing sound and the endless minienemies that usually surround you.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

45. Posted:

abgar wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Qwikman wrote:

@BleachFan888- U should really think about getting Thorium Wars. Its really fun and one helluva vehicle shooter.

Could you explain the control layout? I'm considering getting it.

eh, you go around with the +pad, left and right move the camera, up and down move the tank, use R to shoot, and something like that, i havent played in a good time, i got tired of the enless shoothing sound and the endless minienemies that usually surround you.

So there are no stylus controls?

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

46. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

abgar wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Qwikman wrote:

@BleachFan888- U should really think about getting Thorium Wars. Its really fun and one helluva vehicle shooter.

Could you explain the control layout? I'm considering getting it.

eh, you go around with the +pad, left and right move the camera, up and down move the tank, use R to shoot, and something like that, i havent played in a good time, i got tired of the enless shoothing sound and the endless minienemies that usually surround you.

So there are no stylus controls?

oh yes there are, but you dont want to know them.

dont get me wrong, the game is good, just a little annoying at certain parts.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

47. Posted:

@abgar I see... well thnx 4 the information :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BleachFan

48. Posted:

1000 points left...what to get...
I was THINKING Pictobits and two 200 point games, one of which being an electroplankton BESIDES Luminarrow (I have that one).
What do you guys think?

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

49. Posted:

BleachFan888 wrote:

1000 points left...what to get...
I was THINKING Pictobits and two 200 point games, one of which being an electroplankton BESIDES Luminarrow (I have that one).
What do you guys think?

Pictobits is an amazing game. Add Army Defender and you got yourself some nice games :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BleachFan

50. Posted:

I was thinking Army Defender...Is it basically a more interactive version of Defend Your Castle?

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

51. Posted:

BleachFan888 wrote:

I was thinking Army Defender...Is it basically a more interactive version of Defend Your Castle?

Kinda, but more intuitive. Definitively worth the $2. NL has a review for it.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bassman_Q

52. Posted:

@irken004 & BleachFan888- U guys should get Thorium Wars! FYI the controls with buttons work great, and although the touch controls don't work as well, you'll probably find it easier to use the stylus control on certain missions. Sure, the game can get annoying at times, and it'll REALLY test your patience on certain levels (Mission 6, I'm looking at you!), but the reward of being able to move on to the next mission is really nice. That said, the difficulty is no pushover. Hell, standard mode is still insanely hard on some missions. But, its well worth your money.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

53. Posted:

WEll, first post of the new year. Well, Pop Island is just awesome.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PileDown

54. Posted:

Eh, I personally haven't come across anything too great. Uno was fine, and so was DQW and Paper Airplane Chase. I have some reviews on them on my YouTube acc, if you want to see em. Personally, Uno would have been perfect if there was single card multi-play, DQW would have been perfect if there was a leader board and more players in wifi, and Paper plane chase was almost perfect, just needed DS Dowload play, or wifi even, I don't know what it's really missing though. Bird and Beans=not worth it.

Also,

jdarrell wrote:

Pinball Pulse - I think I might have over a hundred hours invested in this game. Reminds me of the Space Cadet pinball game that used to come with Windows. If you liked that at all, then you should love this. Only one table, but the Pandora's Box quest keeps it interesting. My main complaint is it's really crushing when you're trying to get millions of points per ball and then you just suddenly lose; at least the daily game is still fun, even though again you can lose so shortly it's crushing.

xD I remember that space cadet pinball game, I used to play it all the time on my Grandmothers computer xD

Edited on by PileDown

Check out my DSiWare reviews on YouTube: DSiWare Reviews

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Percentful

55. Posted:

@bleach if you are considering an electroplankton, I would go for either beatness or Hanenbow.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PileDown

56. Posted:

What single-card multiplayer DSiWare games are there? There's Pop island, Paper Airplane Chase, DQW,.....anything else?

Check out my DSiWare reviews on YouTube: DSiWare Reviews

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rosebud

57. Posted:

@Piledown: Art Style: Base 10 has single-card multiplayer for two players, as does Picturebook Games: The Royal Bluff for up to four players. Base 10 is basically a Puzzle League with numbers for its multiplayer. I would recommend both if you are a fan of either puzzle games or board games. Also, Art Style: Digidrive has multiplayer but I don't know if each player needs a copy of the game. None of them are wifi enabled. Hope this helps!

Edited on by rosebud

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Supermarioman

58. Posted:

Well I got my DSi from my grandparents this Christmas! :D but no points card :( But I need to ask about more opinions on Rayman and Thorium Wars, I'm looking at both, but I'm not for sure. I need to hear some opinions. Also although I don't actually own any DSiWare I need some recommendations that aren't:
Mario Vs. DK
Mighty Flip Champs
Paper Plane
Birds and Beans
Dr. Mario Express
Art Style:Pictobits
Pinball Pulse
Pop Island
Dragon Quest Wars
Mind helping me out?

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

59. Posted:

You can always read the reviews for DSiware games here on Nintendolife. Just saying.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Supermarioman

60. Posted:

I have been, but I like to hear feedback from Users, I like to hear a lot of opinions before I make a purchase. Also just to add to my last comment I don't care about prices and I would also like to hear some feedback about Dragons Lair.

Supermarioman