Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,772

cheapogamer4life

UNC5052 wrote:

Does this sound like a good way to spend 2000 points which I may be getting soon?
Pinball Pulse- 500
Car Jack Streets-500
Aura Aura Climber- 200
and then probably either airace which is 800 or alphabounce which is 500. I will probably get airace if the review turns out good.

Hate to bring the bad news but Car jack Streets is 800 NP

I dont have any of those games so theirs not much I could tell you about them. However others on this site didnt have much bad to say about them.
Pulse- has alot of depth for only having one table .
Aura- Arcade fun
Car jack streets- not sure how it compares to GTA:CTW

My advise would be to save about 800 points for Shantae (which I have no clue on the release date)

Edit: Overall it does sound like a good way to spend 2000 points

Here is some gameplay video from car jack streets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRpkEZj2t5M

Honestly, the way the cars bounce off each other really turned me off about this one.
Reminds me of when I use to play with matchbox cars......

Edit2: I still may end up getting car jack streets some where down the line. Gotta play GTA: CTW to death first

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

UNC5052

cheapogamer4life wrote:

UNC5052 wrote:

Does this sound like a good way to spend 2000 points which I may be getting soon?
Pinball Pulse- 500
Car Jack Streets-500
Aura Aura Climber- 200
and then probably either airace which is 800 or alphabounce which is 500. I will probably get airace if the review turns out good.

Hate to bring the bad news but Car jack Streets is 800 NP

I dont have any of those games so theirs not much I could tell you about them. However others on this site didnt have much bad to say about them.
Pulse- has alot of depth for only having one table .
Aura- Arcade fun
Car jack streets- not sure how it compares to GTA:CTW

My advise would be to save about 800 points for Shantae (which I have no clue on the release date)

Edit: Overall it does sound like a good way to spend 2000 points

Here is some gameplay video from car jack streets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRpkEZj2t5M

Honestly, the way the cars bounce off each other really turned me off about this one.
Reminds me of when I use to play with matchbox cars......

Edit2: I still may end up getting car jack streets some where down the line. Gotta play GTA: CTW to death first

Darn, I must have gotten Car Jack Streets' price mixed up with that Gameloft game. Thanks for your suggestions, I may wait to get Car Jack Streets since I just got COP the Recruit. I was planning on saving some points for Shantae but it could be months until that comes out. I will probably get Aura Aura Climber, Alphabounce, Pinball Pulse, and Airace (depending on whether it receives good reviews or not) to use up all of my 2000 points.

PSN- UNC5052

cheapogamer4life

UNC5052
wrote:
"I was planning on saving some points for Shantae but it could be months until that comes out. "

A lot of us maybe doing that pretty soon if Nintendo Life Keeps coming out with these awesome scores

Tails

We need a Megaman on DSiware. If they can do Darkvoid they sure could do Megaman. And i mean 8bit megaman.

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

Tri4ceHolder

Balloon Fight, Ice Climbers, Zelda stuff, Old pokemon games!

I'm awesome and i love video games. And loves Zelda ALL LOT!!!
My favorite People are: Tim Burton, Conan O' Brien, Shigeru Miyamoto, an Walt Disney!!
My Favorite Video Games are: Zelda, Wario ware, Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Professor Layton.

Tri4ceHolder

@KillTheHaterzzz
RAY MAN SUCKS DON'T GET IT!!!!!

My favorite People are: Tim Burton, Conan O' Brien, Shigeru Miyamoto, an Walt Disney!!
My Favorite Video Games are: Zelda, Wario ware, Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Professor Layton.

cheapogamer4life

Tri4ceHolder wrote:

@KillTheHaterzzz
RAY MAN SUCKS DON'T GET IT!!!!!

LOL
It took quite a while the find the post you responded to.

Leshclen

I've got 500 points left and I'm trying to choose between Mr. Driller or Number Battle. I'm leaning towards Mr. Driller because I've never played any Mr. Driller games before but I'm worried it's not going to be as good as people are saying and because puzzle games have had a reputation for getting scores higher than they deserve. Number battle also sounds nice but I'm afraid it's going to be another "Only _ lovers will enjoy this" game and I don't play many board games. I also want to see a gameplay video but I can't find any. Any suggestions?

Dah, this will work.

Birdman

Leshclen wrote:

I've got 500 points left and I'm trying to choose between Mr. Driller or Number Battle. I'm leaning towards Mr. Driller because I've never played any Mr. Driller games before but I'm worried it's not going to be as good as people are saying and because puzzle games have had a reputation for getting scores higher than they deserve. Number battle also sounds nice but I'm afraid it's going to be another "Only _ lovers will enjoy this" game and I don't play many board games. I also want to see a gameplay video but I can't find any. Any suggestions?

Mr. Driller is similar to the Flash game Snowmuncher on Neopets.com, if you've played that or want an idea what that's like. If you're into online gaming and like board games I'd totally reccomend Number Battle, as I could always use another opponent on that game.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Leshclen

I'll probably get Number Battle then.

Dah, this will work.

1upsuper

Hello, long-time lurker, new poster here. Anyway, I have 900 points and I am trying to decide between Mr. Driller Drill 'Till You Drop, or AlphaBounce. I am a big fan of Mr. Driller, and while I have Drill Spirits, I have the US version, which got shafted pretty badly, so Dristone and "BUNNY" would be great to have, especially with the fact that I wouldn't have to carry the cart around. With AlphaBounce, I love the Arkanoid/Brick Break series and it's many incarnations, but after seeing some gameplay videos, it seems really frantic and fast-paced, which isn't really something I'm in the mood for, but I'm not sure. Which would you recommend? Also, which do you prefer? AI Race: Tunnel, Spotto!, or Army Defense?

Ugh, I haven't seen a profile barren in a long time. It's been a while since I have joined a new forum, so I will need to get my profile all decked out.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Edited on by 1upsuper

Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper

Birdman

1up - If you're interested in what Dristone mode is like in Mr. Driller, try the Flash game Snowmuncher on Neopets.com for a comparison. In AlphaBounce, the game only gets super-frantic if you collect two Z powerups or get about 15 powerups at a time, which happens rarely. However, be warned: it can also go through equally monotonus stages where you're spending 5-10 minutes hoping for a good powerup or you're Auto-Javelin to kick in, or when you accidentally pick up an I powerup, so beware of that as well.

As for your 200 point games, Spotto! is like Trajectile Mini with gravity and moving objects, and easily one of the best 200 point games on the system. Army Defender gets boring fast; there's very little depth to it at all. I haven't played AiRace: Tunnel yet, so I can't tell you what that's like.

If you're still unsure, there are loads of (hopefully) awesome DSiWare titles coming out in May and June, so if you're still not convinced just wait for games like Earthworm Jim, (FREE) Photo Dojo and Looksley's Line Up to come out.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Taya

I have an extremely long flight coming up so I've decided to load up my DSi with some new games to keep me busy. Here is a list of potential games that I'm considering buying. I've read through the reviews and this whole thread but I'd like to hear anything else that people have to say.

Aura Aura Climber - pretty sure I'll buy this one
Chronos Twins - how difficult and how long?
Escapee Go - I hate time limits and stealth so why am I considering this one?
Glow Artisan - puzzle games are hit or miss for me
Pop Island - I'll be playing by myself so maybe not...
Castle of Magic - decent platformer?
and...
Surviving High School - this game calls to me and I don't know why. Any opinions?

I'll list the games I already have too:

Dr.Mario - love it
Bomberman Blitz - love it more
Sudoku Master - I haven't played it much
Mighty Flip Champs - I like it but it's too hard for me
Pictobits - I don't like it
Electroplankton Hanenbow, Trapy, Luminarrow - fun every now and then
Art Academy both semesters - awesome
Flipnote Studio - also awesome
Mario Clock and Calculator - I use these often, surprisingly
myNotebook - I use this often too
WarioWare Snapped - terrible game
American Popstar - lame yet very entertaining. I liked it

Taya

Tri4ceHolder

Dr. Mario, Army Defender, Glow(I don't have it my friend does), and Dragons Lair.

Birdman

Taya - Here are the games I reccomend from your list:

Aura-Aura Climber
Glow Artisan (Very similar to Picross DS)
Pop Island if you have a multiplayer buddy

Here are some others I reccomend for a long flight:
AlphaBounce
Bejeweled Twist
Fieldrunners
Dracula: Undead Awakening
Number Battle
Starship Defense

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

armoredghor

@Taya
For Castle of Magic, it depends how good you are at platformers. I loved it but I could barely beat megaman 2 with save states. It's nice and easy but it depends on if you like that. If you like Arkanoid, try AlphaBounce, It's probably the only 30+ hour game on the service (maybe even 40+). Hope this helps!

armoredghor

Taya

That does help. I'm fairly good at Platformers but Megaman games are too hard for me, usually (although I'm not sure if they are "platformers"). Truthfully, I don't like it when games are too hard.

I won't be playing multiplayer so I'll pass on Pop Island for now. I'll look into some of those other games that you listed, Birdman, Thanks for your help.

Taya

hulklol123456789

Hello everyone, im new in these forums and I need a little help, my problem is that I have become adict to dsiware games, not to play them but to but them, I love buying those games lol xD

I was just thinking on how to end these, Im not gonna stop buy but I wanna buy less, choose the games more carefully and don't waste soo much money.

Well after alot of new games have come out, I want to buy all of them, but im not gonna spend more money. I got at the moment 3000 points, and I want that you help me choosing the best games.

Lets start with the race games, I like race games like mario cart, etc. And idk which one to buy.

Asphalt4
AirRace
PopIsland

The 3 games look great, the first look like a psp game, it look fine, but im not sure, the second game, air race is about not cars but planes, but I have one question, it is the same difficulty as air race tunnel? because with air race tunnel I can only pass the first lvl , so im not really good but I wanna know if it is as harder as air race tunnel, or less (or maybe more) because I want a challenging game but at least a game in the one I can pass at least the first 4 - 5 lvls.
PopIsland looks nice, its a different race game, but it look a little confusing (dunno why just watchign the videos)

So maybe someone can help me with these?

There are other games that I don't know if download it yes or no, Gangstar2 is like a GTA, I have already car jack streets, but sometimes it just stop and I need to turn down the ds and the game reset and I need to start all over again (have passed 3 times) and well idk, the misions are not REAL misions so idk if to buy Gangstar2.

Let's Golf: I got a question about these game, it is like the same feeling or as good as the golf games on wiisports and wiisport resorts, because I was looking like something "like" that.

Viking Invasion: I love tower games, I have already starship defense and fieldrunners and these one look nice, but idk, do it really cost the 800 points?

About the platform games, I love them, I have rayman (ok these one sucks, I can't pass it it is really difficult) and magic tower (or magic castle idk) the one I pass in 2 days, so im looking for another great game and I found dar void zero, It looks like a nice game, do I buy it?

Another thing is some of my favourute games, puzzle games, I want to download some of them, but I need to make a choose between:
Save the turtles
Move Your Brain Rollway Puzzle
Art style: Pictobits
Art Style: ZENGAGE
Art Style: Aquia
Robot Rescue

They looknice but idk, zengage is a nice game or not? and well.

I just hope you guys help me with my hard choose =D

I will try to download only the best games, and not like I was doing before, just download all games I see!!!

Hahaha, well srry if I have any grammar error, and thx everyone for their time

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

KnucklesSonic8

Pop Island is more of a party game than a race game. But it's excellent.
Asphalt 4 is great and I still think it's one of GL's best releases thus far.
AiRace is challenging in some parts but it's fun, and it becomes easier when you learn the tracks (like most racers).

I doubt you'd be disappointed with PictoBits. Move Your Brain is pretty good too.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more thoughts.

KnucklesSonic8

Birdman

Don't bother with Viking Invasion; Starship Defense beats it in every way possible. If you like sliding tile puzzles, you'll like ZENGAGE, but if you don't you'll hate it.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic