DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,775

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

281. Posted:

cheapo - Just about everywhere says that it will launch this spring, so I'm guessing anywhere between April and early June.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

282. Posted:

Ah......thanks for the Info Birdman :)

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tattis

283. Posted:

jdarrell wrote:

(and Number Battles is my favourite DSiWare gameplay.)

I should really stop doubting people here. I kept reading the description for Number Battle, and it didn't really seem like something I'd enjoy much. The other day, I was feeling bored, so I decided to give it a try based on recommendations here. Loved it. Probably one of few DSiWare games that I've had trouble putting down. Unfortunately, that meant getting gold on every challenge and beating all the beginner challenges within a few days.

I'll have to give multiplayer a try, but I've had a hard time getting matches started. I'll have to look into the Number Battles thread here.

Currently playing:
4 Heroes of Light

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockd

284. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

lockd wrote:

To everyone, wait for Photo Dojo.

No idea how long we will be waiting for that one do ya? :P

Probably sometime around April... or if were lucky, next week ;) !

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KnucklesSonic8

285. Posted:

Tattis wrote:

jdarrell wrote:

(and Number Battles is my favourite DSiWare gameplay.)

I should really stop doubting people here. I kept reading the description for Number Battle, and it didn't really seem like something I'd enjoy much. The other day, I was feeling bored, so I decided to give it a try based on recommendations here. Loved it. Probably one of few DSiWare games that I've had trouble putting down. Unfortunately, that meant getting gold on every challenge and beating all the beginner challenges within a few days.

I'll have to give multiplayer a try, but I've had a hard time getting matches started. I'll have to look into the Number Battles thread here.

Yeah, put out your FC and I'll happily add you. :)

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

286. Posted:

@ Tattis and KnucklesSonic - I'll be sure to add you both. Maybe we can do something online on Saturday? Just let me know on the Online Gaming thread.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Armand

287. Posted:

True Swing Golf Express , Let's Golf! or 101 Minigolf World ?
which one is better ?

Armand

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KnucklesSonic8

288. Posted:

Have you tried Pro-Putt Domo out of curiousity?

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ashman

289. Posted:

I have about $25 to spend and I have no idea what to get. any recommendations people?

Heres my Flipnote Studios page. favorite me and add stars to my videos if you have the application please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

290. Posted:

Ashman wrote:

I have about $25 to spend and I have no idea what to get. any recommendations people?

Well,
1. what dsiware games do you already have?
2. what genres are you into?

Edit: I see you are new Nintendo Life user. Welcome to our growing community....... Enjoy :)

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ashman

291. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Ashman wrote:

I have about $25 to spend and I have no idea what to get. any recommendations people?

Well,
1. what dsiware games do you already have?
2. what genres are you into?

Well, I already own Birds and beans and march of the minis.

and I mainly into anything besides sports games. So I was thinking of getting that dracula hunter game (forget what its called), Oregon trail and car jack streets but I don't know if there any good. but if they aren't very good what other games would you reccomend.

Heres my Flipnote Studios page. favorite me and add stars to my videos if you have the application please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

292. Posted:

@Ashman Well, shooting blind:

  • Starship Defense (tower defense) - 500 points
  • Trajectile/Reflect Missile (puzzle) - 500 points
  • Art Style: DIGIDRIVE/INTERSECT (puzzle) - 500 points
  • Dark Void Zero (retro platformer) - 500 points
  • Glow Artisan (puzzle) - 500 points
  • Number Battles (puzzle strategy) - 500 points
  • Pop Island (multiplayer capture-the-flag) - 500 points
  • Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon (pinball) - 500 points
  • Aura-Aura Climber (arcade action) - 200 points

That's already well over $25 right there. :P It really depends on what games you like. I could recommend more, of course...

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

293. Posted:

The only game out of the 3 you posted about that I have is Oregon Trail. Personally I really enjoy the game. Ive beat it a few times and have let others give it a go. Basically a collection of around 8 fun mini games with a history lesson included. Only problem for me is that after 4 play throughs theirs not much more for me here. Its also a little on the easy side even on the harder modes.
Currently my 2 favorite games are Bomberman for the crazy 4 player wifi matches and Starship Defense beacuse its a great strategy game. If your into puzzles Mario vs Donkey maybe the best puzzler on the service, but their are alot of good ones to choose from.

Also most every game on the service has their own first impression thread here, as their are alot of games I have yet to play.

almost forgot about Pop Island, another really fun multiplayer game with download and play included in this one. The solo campaign is o.k. also.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ashman

294. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

The only game out of the 3 you posted about that I have is Oregon Trail. Personally I really enjoy the game. Ive beat it a few times and have let others give it a go. Basically a collection of around 8 fun mini games with a history lesson included. Only problem for me is that after 4 play throughs theirs not much more for me here. Its also a little on the easy side even on the harder modes.
Currently my 2 favorite games are Bomberman for the crazy 4 player wifi matches and Starship Defense beacuse its a great strategy game. If your into puzzles Mario vs Donkey maybe the best puzzler on the service, but their are alot of good ones to choose from.

Also most every game on the service has their own first impression thread here, as their are alot of games I have yet to play.

almost forgot about Pop Island, another really fun multiplayer game with download and play included in this one. The solo campaign is o.k. also.

Thank you both (Cheapo and holymackerel) for the suggestions. Now you said that you beat Oregon Trail like 4 times, so how long does it usually take for an average person to beat the game? and also, is pop island wi-fi multiplayer as well?

Heres my Flipnote Studios page. favorite me and add stars to my videos if you have the application please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

295. Posted:

For all u Europeans, wait for Photo Dojo this Friday :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

296. Posted:

At best each play through could take around 4 hours depending on how much you put into the game.

Unfortunely thats the only downer about Pop Island, IMHO.
No wifi matches. Not many developers are taking the time to include online play when it comes to the DSiware service.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ashman

297. Posted:

Sighs Well I guess that excludes Pop island from my list, seeing as I don't know anyone else that has a DS. I decided to also look at some of the reviews on this site. So I think i'm going to go with:
Bomberman,
Dark Void: Zero,
Dragon Quest Wars
UNO. Thanks for the help guys :)

Heres my Flipnote Studios page. favorite me and add stars to my videos if you have the application please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

298. Posted:

Ashman wrote:

Sighs Well I guess that excludes Pop island from my list, seeing as I don't know anyone else that has a DS. I decided to also look at some of the reviews on this site. So I think i'm going to go with:
Bomberman,
Dark Void: Zero,
Dragon Quest Wars
UNO. Thanks for the help guys :)

Ah good choices. I would have all those you name except that Nintendo up the price 300 points over here in the states for Uno and I wont bite. As for Bomberman and Dragon Quest Wars, maybe after you get a few thousand matches under your belt and your ready for some real competition come see me :P

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mark3

299. Posted:

I'd like to play X-scape when it comes out.

3DS Friend Code:0688-5251-4891

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ashman

300. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Ashman wrote:

Sighs Well I guess that excludes Pop island from my list, seeing as I don't know anyone else that has a DS. I decided to also look at some of the reviews on this site. So I think i'm going to go with:
Bomberman,
Dark Void: Zero,
Dragon Quest Wars
UNO. Thanks for the help guys :)

Ah good choices. I would have all those you name except that Nintendo up the price 300 points over here in the states for Uno and I wont bite. As for Bomberman and Dragon Quest Wars, maybe after you get a few thousand matches under your belt and your ready for some real competition come see me :P

I'll be sure to do that. Whats your FC for those games?

Once I download them i'll post my FC's here :)

Heres my Flipnote Studios page. favorite me and add stars to my videos if you have the application please.