DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,773

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

221. Posted:

@HolyMac Regarding precipice:
While haven't played any DSiWare games recently ('cept for Glow Artisan, which I downloaded just a week or so ago), precipice is definitely my most-played download, and I have over twenty DSiWare so far.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

222. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

@HolyMac Regarding precipice:
While haven't played any DSiWare games recently ('cept for Glow Artisan, which I downloaded just a week or so ago), precipice is definitely my most-played download, and I have over twenty DSiWare so far.

Thanks, it seems like a really good one. I'm going to decide what to get once this week's DSiWare is released. :) Precipice is high on my list.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

223. Posted:

Okay, I have 300pts left on my DSi, so should I get AiRace: Tunnel, 5 in 1 Solitaire, or Escapee: Go?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

224. Posted:

@ zezhyrule
Escapee Go!- Theres only about 1 hour worth of gameplay play in the story mode,but since it has 3 difficulty setting adds a little replay value to it. I really like the survival mode. With around 15 different levels to choose from it will be in regular rotation on my dsi for a while. I have yet to try multiplayer mode, but seems like it could be fun if you could find a few freinds that also have the game.
As for the other 2 ,I have yet to try those games.........

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

Armand

225. Posted:

I want to download my first 200 points game and I'm interested in Escapee Go! and Aura Aura Climber , Which is Better? .

i just want to download one game because i'm saving points for shantae and others games.

Armand

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

226. Posted:

@Armand: I would recommend Aura Aura Climber! It's really fun(not to mention the 9/10 score TBD gave it).

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

227. Posted:

@Armand- Haven't tried Aura Aura Climber but Escapee GO! is pretty dang fun. It gets a little annoying on later missions but its definitely worth looking into, especially since there's both a campaign and arcade-like survival modes.

I am also interested in Aura-Aura Climber, but does it have like a main story mode and is it fun enough to go back to several times like in Spotto! or Escapee GO!?

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

228. Posted:

It has no story really, but the main mode is playable multiple times.
It also has an endless mode.

AuthorMessage

rosebud

229. Posted:

@Armand: I have both and I would recommend Aura-Aura Climber over Escapee Go! However, the latter game is made by an indie developer so if you want to support the little guy then Escapee Go! is the one to get. Both are good games, but Aura-Aura Climber has that extra level of polish that Nintendo brings to the table.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Armand

230. Posted:

thanks everyone for telling me , i'm going to download Aura -Aura.

Armand

AuthorMessage

Birdman

231. Posted:

Right now, I need some help. There are 2 games that I'm considering getting, but I want to know if you think they're good for me. The two are Art Style: Aquia and Picturebook Games: The Royal Bluff. I'm not looking at any other games right now, so do yuo think I should get them? My complete games list (and my opinions on them) can be found under the Rate Your DSiWare Collection thread. Note: I'm NOT looking at any other games right now except for VT Tennis and Globulus, but I'll wait for more of your opinions on them and their reviews on here and IGN. Thank you.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

232. Posted:

SUPPORT FLIPPER

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Birdman

233. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

SUPPORT FLIPPER

I bought it and played through it, so I'm doing my part in supporting it.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Vander

234. Posted:

@Birdman13: I highly suggest PictureBook Games: The Royal Bluff. It's a unique type of card/board game that keeps you thinking of many types of ways of winning, and all the characters have completely different styles of how they play and figuring out ways to beat them all is always a challenge. Some of the characters are more obvious to figure out, but those still are a challenge. I still have yet to unlock 4 more characters. It's a great game that I'd recommend to everyone unless you really really hate board games, which almost nobody does. It will keep you coming back to play with tons of replay value in free play, and I tried multiplayer (yay for DS download play!) and it's great! So go download it and I hope you enjoy it as much I do.

EDIT: you should try the tutorial first it's a tricky game to learn.

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

AuthorMessage

Bankai

235. Posted:

Picturebook Games: The Royal bluff really needs to be played in multiplayer to be really entertaining, though. Single player, it's still good, but like with Poker, any game that requires bluffing just doesn't work as well with AI.

But, if you have friends, I also recommend The Royal Bluff - it's a seriously good parlour game.

If you're looking for a single-player experience, though, I recomment Aquite. It's a difficult puzzler, but one of the better Art Style games (Kubos is the best though, if you haven't get got a copy).

Of the newer games, Dracula: Undead Arising is probably the best value (although I haven't played recent US releases, for obvious reasons)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

236. Posted:

I'm not the biggest match-3 fan, but don't understand why you'd want Aquia if you already have Dr. Mario and Bejeweled Twist? I'd say Aquia is unique, but not innovative enough if you already have other games. The pace is pretty fast if you really like those types of games though, and if you get into endless mode the challenge is dramatic and can go on for a long time.

I think The Royal Bluff would be worthy to your collection, if you're not expecting to get as much out of it as your other games. It's an interesting but not diehard excitement bluffing game; there's achievements and other details, but they only add a bit to the experience. You could also use the cash for something else, such as a future DSiWare game :P

Edit: While multiplayer would be much better, there's no problems with the AI imo.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

Bobpie

237. Posted:

Which should I get?

Number Battles or Pinball Pulse or PG: The Royal Bluff?

Edited on by Bobpie

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

238. Posted:

I have all three, do you think only one table in Pinball Pulse would be a major problem for you? It's a great table, so I'd recommend Pinball, but the other two are brilliant (and Number Battles is my favourite DSiWare gameplay.)

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

ErrorSupply

239. Posted:

Bobpie wrote:

Which should I get?

Number Battles or Pinball Pulse or PG: The Royal Bluff?

I don't have Royal Bluff, but Number Battle and Pinball Pulse are both must-owns in my book. If you can only get one though, it really boils down to which you think you'll prefer: A great pick up and play board game with strategic depth, 1-4 player WiFi and an enjoyable single player quest mode where vs AI to unlock items for use online, or probably the best Pinball simulation available on the DS with lots to do and plenty of replay value considering there's only 1 table.

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

240. Posted:

I've been looking into a platformer and wondering if Chronos Twins was any good. I already have DVZ and MvDK.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery