DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 201 to 220 of 1,773

AuthorMessage

Turnip

201. Posted:

I wanna' get oregon trail :) i remember playing it when i was young...(YOUNGER that is)

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage

Vander

202. Posted:

@Werble: first remember that it's called THE Oregon Trail. I have the game Oregon Trail II and i thought it was going to be like that but it isn't when I saw the screenshots and saw my friend play it so I haven't downloaded it yet, but he likes the game and it didn't look like a bad game, just not the nostalgic one I remember. I might download it since a few people have recommended it.

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

203. Posted:

Thanks to theblackdragon for pointing me to this thread. :) Didn't know about this one. Copy-pasting from my old topic...

So I have 1300 points spare and I'd like to spend 500 of it (leaving 800 for later), but I can't decide on which game to get. Here are the ones I've been considering:

• Dark Void Zero: Looks excellent but I'm on the fence because it's only 3 levels. I kind of expect some replayability or lastability for 500 point games.
  • Art Style: Precipice/Kubos: Also on the fence about this one. Is it one of the better entries in the series? It looks clunky and difficult to play, and the concept doesn't seem too compelling. I have all of the Art Style games except this and Zengage/Nemrem and I like them all.
  • Link 'n' Launch: The NL review sort of dissuaded me from this one, mostly because of its repetitiveness. I'm a fan of puzzle games though. It just seems like one I might buy, play a little and then eventually store on my SD card. :/
  • PictureBook Games: The Royal Bluff: I like card games, but I'm unsure of the lasting enjoyment of this game. Are the rules well thought out and do you enjoy it as much as established card games? Is it varied enough that I won't forget about it after a while? Is there DS Download Play/WFC and how does multiplayer hold up? :)
  • Spaceball: Revolution: Don't have the WiiWare game, and I'm waiting on the review. They've probably made some changes to the game so that it works on the DSi.

And I would totally buy LRRH's Zombie BBQ if it was available in the US store. :(

Or would it be better to save up my points for future releases? A number of good-looking titles are coming out soon, like Flipper, Flight Control, Shantae, Tetris Party Live and AiRace. There are too many to look forward to, so I need advice! :) Thanks in advance!

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

204. Posted:

@HolyMac Rest assured precipice is one of the better Art Style games and one of the best games on the service period, imo. Definitely not clunky/hard to play (not sure if you know you can rotate the camera with L and R), and while it seems simple it quickly becomes frantic and addictive. Let me know of any other q's you have about that game.
Dark Void Zero is also totally worth the points for a fantastic retro styled exploration platformer in the vein of Mega Man. It's about two or three hours on easy I would think, and if you want to try for the hidden collectibles throughout the levels and high scores and harder difficulties, it's actually quite a bargain.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Percentful

205. Posted:

I'm gonna get flipper on monday, and I will have 200 points left. Any suggestions? [I already have all the electroplanktons, obviously.]

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

206. Posted:

@110 NOWAI! Nothing worth getting, tbqf&h.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Birdman

207. Posted:

110percentful wrote:

I'm gonna get flipper on monday, and I will have 200 points left. Any suggestions? [I already have all the electroplanktons, obviously.]

If you liked Trajectile then get Spotto! I also reccomend getting Robot Rescue. Those are 2 of the best 200 point games on DSiWare.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Lonnie2Hottie

208. Posted:

Agreed w/ Birdman. If you are looking to spend a quality 200 points, Spotto! is well worth it.

Lonnie2Hottie

AuthorMessage

irken004

209. Posted:

110percentful wrote:

Escapee GO! is good if you don't have that already.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Crystalking18

210. Posted:

Where's Shantae?

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

AuthorMessage

BleachFan

211. Posted:

Dragon Quest Wars, anyone? I was wondering about this one...I've never played a DQW game, so the point of fan service is pretty moot for me... :| Also, I've never played a strategy game like this before...(trying to delve into the genre a bit). Is it at all good?

@HolyMac: I thought precipice was pretty meh... :|

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

AuthorMessage

irken004

212. Posted:

BleachFan888 wrote:

Dragon Quest Wars, anyone? I was wondering about this one...I've never played a DQW game, so the point of fan service is pretty moot for me... :| Also, I've never played a strategy game like this before...(trying to delve into the genre a bit). Is it at all good?

I was wondering the same.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

213. Posted:

@Odnetnin Do you find yourself going back and playing Precipice every now and then? I keep going back to Base 10 and Digidrive and having a lot of fun, so I'm particularly happy with those. As for Dark Void Zero, everyone raves about it so maybe I should just get it. :P 2 or 3 hours doesn't sound too bad and those extras seem alright too.

@BleachFan888 What was so meh about Precipice?

I don't have DQW but it looks like it's a bit lacking. Only 6 units, and no single player campaign. If you're interested in strategy then I'd suggest Starship Defense (or trying some PC strategy games ;) ).

× steam

AuthorMessage

chickenmatt5

214. Posted:

Has anyone downloaded Move Your Brain Rollway Puzzle, The Oregon Trail , or Jazzy Billards? If so, were they worth it?

Check out my DSiWare reviews!
http://dsiwarereview.webs.com/

AuthorMessage

Percentful

215. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

110percentful wrote:

If you liked Trajectile then get Spotto! I also reccomend getting Robot Rescue. Those are 2 of the best 200 point games on DSiWare.

Unfortunately, I did not like trajectile that much. I am not into puzzle games generally, and maze games bug me. that means no RR, and no Escapee go.

Just let it happen.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

216. Posted:

@110percentful: I guess you'll just have to save up your points then, since I don't think any of the other 200 point games out now are very good.

EDIT: Oh, Army Defender looks pretty good. And Pyoro and Paper Plane.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

AuthorMessage

Birdman

217. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@110percentful: I guess you'll just have to save up your points then, since I don't think any of the other 200 point games out now are very good.

EDIT: Oh, Army Defender looks pretty good. And Pyoro and Paper Plane.

Army Defender, Bird & Beans and Paper Plane are about the only other 200 non-app games to consider, so if none of those mentioned above spark your interest you're better off saving your points for something to come later.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Percentful

218. Posted:

Nevermind. I spent them on Airace tunnel, and I quite enjoy it. I already have paper plane, and pyoro doesn't interest me. I'll probably get army defender with my next point card.

Just let it happen.

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

219. Posted:

@irken & BleachFan-
No, it is not worth it. Its fun at first with the tutorial, but the lack of any single-player campaign is a total let-down. And unless you know someone with a DSi and DQW downloaded, you probably will never find anyone to play with online, which is a shame since it focuses purely on multiplayer. I'd give it a 6/10 at best.

As for anyone else who's wondering about 200-point games, Escapee GO! is probably your best choice because of its content, with Spotto being a close second. Escapee GO! is fun if you enjoy stealth type games, while Spotto is (as mentioned before) a lot like Trajectile, apparently, but is extremely fun. They are both great for picking-up-n-playing.

Army Defender is good if you like arcade-like games, but unfortunately if you choose to quit in the middle of a play session, you can't record your score. You can only record your score when you lose all of your lives. Which lowers its pick-up-n-playability, since each session will likely last over a half hour if you go for a high score.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

irken004

220. Posted:

Already enjoying Escapee GO and Army Defender. I might add Flipper this coming Monday though, if it is released Monday.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery