Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,772

Stratostar

Starship Defense, Cave Story, Art Style: PiCTOBiTS, and Dark Void Zero are must-haves.

Stratostar

bloodofgore

Have to ask, is there a game that mimics starcraft?

bloodofgore

SubBronze

I have enough money in my eShop for a 200 point game, which one do you guys recommend? I was thinking Aura-Aura Climber, since I've always been somewhat interested in it, but then I discovered Pop Island Paperfield, and apparently that's really good as well. Or should I go for something different?

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Eel

Pop Island is only fun if you have people to play with. I haven't played Aura-Aura Climber, so I can really say anything about it.
Some other 200pt recommendations:
Candle Route, Fishing Resort, 3, 2, 1... Words Up!, Robot Rescue.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rayword45

Pop Island: Paperfield is, as Morph said, only worth it if you have at least one friend with a DS. If you have the original Pop Island, this is your best choice as it adds 3 bonus tracks as well as the ones on Paperfield.

Aura-Aura Climber ties with Escapee Go for best 200 point game on the DSi shop. Seriously. Go for it.

Or save up 600 points and get X-Scape if you don't have it.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

SubBronze

Thanks, just got Aura Aura Climber!

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

RainbowCrasher

Any decent dsiware games (Uber general, but there you go)

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Eel

Petit Computer and Puzzler World XL are pretty good.

Or any of the DSiWares recommended in this thread. There's also the "Hidden Gems" thread on the eShop forum.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

rayword45

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Any decent dsiware games (Uber general, but there you go)

Here's an incomplete list for you

X-Scape - This is the best game on DSiWare. Get it now fool.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - I thought it wasn't as great as it could've been but still a load of fun. Many consider this the best DSiWare game.
Mighty Flip Champs - A great, unique puzzle platformer. Best of the Mighty games IMO by far.
X-Scape - Seriously, get it.
Starship Defense - Very lengthy Tower Defense title with a lot of style and a great soundtrack
Flametail - Addictive variant of Snake
X-Scape - Gonna keep repeating this
Glow Artisan - It's good (especially if you're a puzzler fan) with enough extras to last a while, but GODDAMN THIS GAME IS TOO FREAKING HARD
AlphaBounce - I loved this game (brick breaker with RPG elements) but many found it to be a grind.
Aura-Aura Climber/Escapee GO! - Best 200 point games right now
99Bullets - Needs online leaderboards, but otherwise a very unique, enjoyable game (f**k you Yogscast)
X-Scape - Seriously. Go get 8 bucks.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Linput

PETIT COMPUTER IS BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

123akis

Which game is better rising board 3d on the 3ds eshop or pop island on dsiware?

123akis

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2155-4301 | Nintendo Network ID: 123akis | Twitter:

Eel

123akis wrote:

Which game is better rising board 3d on the 3ds eshop or pop island on dsiware?

One is a single player endless runner and the other is a multiplayer catch the flag game.
If you've got at least another person to play with, then go for Pop Island.
If you're forever alone or don't care about multiplayer, then go for Rising Board 3D.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Crazybrain1

So, I'm debating between M vs DK Minis March Again, or Pop plus solo.
Which should I choose?

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

SirSmugleaf

M vs DK is great, but if you've played any others in the series you may not find enough that's new. So I guess it's up to that, but I don't know much about pop plus solo, so ill say nothing about that.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

rayword45

MvDK will last you much longer due to User Levels existing.

I personally had more fun with Pop, but it's definitely for casual bursts. If you have an iTouch or something, try the lite version of Pop to get a grasp of what it's like.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Eel

PoshSnivy wrote:

M vs DK is great, but if you've played any others in the series you may not find enough that's new. So I guess it's up to that, but I don't know much about pop plus solo, so ill say nothing about that.

It was pretty new and fresh until the last MvsDK DS retail game copied it in every way.

Bloop.

Crazybrain1

Well, i decided to get Pop+ Solo.
I also got Bomberman Blitz.
BOTH RECOMMENDED!

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

RR529

On a whim, I decided to download 10 Second Run (which is a bit odd, since I try to avoid DSiWare), but I'll admit, it's a great game, & it may have just changed my view on DSiWare. GAMEBRIDGE will have more of my support in the future, & I hope they eventually get around to releasing "3DSWare".

DSiWare I have:

• 10 Second Run (love it)
  • Four Swords Anniversary (love it)
  • Anonymous Notes Chapter 1 (I guess it's alright for a $2 RPG, but it's too repetitive to be so long. You'll see every enemy type within the first area, even the one boss is reused for every area, and there's at least 4 areas, each with 3 stages of identical labyrinths. There's probably more than the 4, but I got too bored to continue.)
  • Art Style: PictoBits (got it through Club Nintendo's rewards program, because everyone said it was amazing, & while the Nintendo theme throughout is amusing, I quickly became bored with it, just like Pushmo. But I'm not a puzzle guy, so that's probably it.)
  • Art Academy: First Semester (used it once, then went back to Colors 3D!, without ever looking back.)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic