DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,767

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,641. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I only have $2.47 left in my eShop account, and I hate leaving points laying around in my account. I really don't know exactly why, it just urks me. So I've been checking out some 200 point/$2.00 DSiWare, and these two titles caught my eye.

1) Escapee GO!

2) Penguin Patrol

Does anybody have any advice on which of these 200 point/$2.00 DSiWare titles I should invest in, or at least some insight into this matter?

I really enjoyed both of those games you mentioned, as they're both portable and have a certain retro charm to them. Escapee GO has a shorter campaign, but slightly more replayability, as you can replay the story mode or play through each level to beat your score. I think I favor Penguin Patrol a bit more, personally, as it has a bit more charm and a higher amount of levels. However, Penguin Patrol is more of a puzzle game than an action game, whereas Escapee GO is the opposite. So in the end, it mainly comes down to which genre you prefer.

Hope that helps. :)

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,642. Posted:

I decided to overlook the 6/10 NLife awarded, "99 Seconds," and I downloaded that instead. So far, it seems like a really good game for only 200 points/$2.00. I've only been able to beat the very last score on the pre-programmed local leader board. Which was with a score just over 300,000. First place on the local leaderboard is a score of 1,000,000, and I don't see myself beating that score for a very longtime.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,643. Posted:

Wow, I have 3000 DSiWare points left over from last Christmas.... Any recommendations on games I should get so I can spend all the points down to a 0, I'm thinking X-Scape, Rayman, and maybe one other art style game ( not sure which one)' but that adds up to 2100 which means I can still buy 1 more 500 point game and 2 200 point games.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,644. Posted:

@Retro - I would definitely recommend X-Scape, but I'm not sure how the controls would feel after playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, though. I'm sure you'd be able to manage, though. For the rest of my recommendations, I'm going off the assumption that your Backloggery is accurate. For an Art Style game, I'd pick either Boxlife or DIGIDRIVE. I can't really recommend Rayman, since I don't own it, but about the only other 800 point games that may be worth it (imo) are Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords and Go! Go! Kokopolo. For 200 points, I would definitely get Aura-Aura Climber and one of the following: Spotto!, Pop Island: Paperfield or GO Series: Undead Storm. For 500 points, I recommend (in no real order) AlphaBounce, Digger Dan & Kaboom, A Kappa's Trail, Number Battle, Starship Defense and Trajectile. Hope that helps you out.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,645. Posted:

Thanks for the recommendations Birdman. I already have Aura Aura Climber, Spotto!, and Paper field, but thanks for reminding me I have a few DSiWare games to add to my backloggery. I forgot about Go! Go! Kokopolp. It looks really fun. I heard it gets unfairly difficult and that worries me. Is it true?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

1,646. Posted:

Save some points for Spirit Hunters Inc. It will be released some day.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,647. Posted:

@Retro - I can't really say atm. I only played up into the 4th World before I lost interest in the fall, and I only started trying to beat it again within the last few days and am only in the 3rd world right now. From what I've played, I wouldn't call it unfairly difficult, but right now it does require your full attention, so if you can't find the time to sit down alone and try to beat the game, it probably isn't for you.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,648. Posted:

I've recently included, "99 Bullets," into my eShop wishlist. After watching the eShop trailer, it seems like a really good game. I'm just wondering if there are any other NLife members who have played it and would feel comfortable recommending it.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,649. Posted:

Ok, so of the 200 point games I was still deciding on I'm going with Flip the Core and Go Series: Undead Storm. I may buy the second one twice. One for me and one for my brother. Objections? Something to replace the second copy of undead storm?
As of now the games I will spend my final points (3000) on are going to be:
X-Scape (800)
Go! Go! Kokopolo (800) (Also took into account Spirit Hunters like Morph mentioned, buy Nnnnoooo sure is taking a while with that one..)
Digger Dan & Kaboom (500)
One Artsyle game that isn't that diver or math one. So need help with that. Digidrive and Boxlife do seem nice, but which is more fun (or fast paced)? (500)
Flip the Core (200)
Go Series: Undead Storm (200) but with this one I'm thinking of cutting out one of the art style games so I can get a second one for my brother, since I hear the main draw is multiplayer. Would that be worth it, or would I have more fun with the other option? How are the controls?
Any good shmups for 500 on DSiWare besides Metal Torrent?
Thanks everybody!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Hokori

1,650. Posted:

@retro the art style games

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,651. Posted:

Hmmm, actually my final list as of now is this:
X-Scape
Go! Go! Kokopolo
Little Red Riding Hood's Zmbie BBQ
Flip the Core
Go Series: Undead Storm x2
All adding up to 3000. So I decided to just not go with a 500 point game. I'd still like to hear how Undead Storm controls though. Is it Tank controls? Or are there 2 500 point games that would be better than Undead Storm?

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

iphys

1,652. Posted:

Art Style Boxlife is awesome, and so is Digidrive! Also Starship Defense and Trajectile if you don't have those.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,653. Posted:

How many believe, "Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!," is a reasonable choice for a Club Nintendo Elite Status Reward this year? Of course, I just downloaded, "Metroid II: Return of Samus," last week. I'm not too big on posters or playing cards, so I don't really find those two rewards very enticing. There's no way I'm accepting the calendar this year, and nobody else should either. Well, unless you only reached Gold status, and you've already downloaded all of the games on offer.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,654. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

is there a second one coming out or do you mean the first one

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

iphys

1,655. Posted:

Mario vs DK is a good game, so I'd say it's worth it if you don't want any of the other rewards. You could probably sell your platinum reward for more than the $8 the game costs though, and being as there are two platinum rewards, a lot of people will probably be trying to snatch up the alternate reward on eBay.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,656. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/div]

Ha, I meant getting Undead Storm twice. :P Was asking if that's a good idea, for multiplayer.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,657. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Ha, I meant getting Undead Storm twice. :P

>:[ hopes and dreams crushed! (jk)

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RupeeClock

1,658. Posted:

I've 700 points left on my DSi that I'd like to redeem, I can get either a 200 points title and a 500 points title, or three 200 points titles. Preferably the former since there isn't much in the way of decent 200 point titles.
I'm not planning to put points on my DSi again since I've discovered DSiWare on my 3DS XL is actually, well, great!

Here's the DSiWare I do have, and (how much I liked it)
Mighty Flip Champs (Enjoyed it)
Pyoro (Enjoyed it)
Mighty Milky Way (Loved it)
Zuma's Revenge (Enjoyed it)
Reflect Missile (Enjoyed it)
Art Style KuBos (Enjoyed it)
SUDOKU EA (Meh)
2-in-1 Solitaire (Enjoyed it)
Art Style AQUITE (Enjoyed it)
Art Style BOXLIFE (Loved it)
Paper Plane (Enjoyed it)
Bookworm (Kinda enjoy it)
A Little Bit Of... Dr. Mario (Kinda enjoy it)
PiCOPiCT (Loved it)
Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition (Enjoyed it)
Pop+ Solo (Kinda Enjoy it)
Aura-Aura Climber (Loved it)
Shantae: Risky's Revenge (Loved it)
WarioWare: Snapped! (Too many technical faults to enjoy)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March Again! (Doesn't do it for me)
Mario Clock (Derp)
Animal Crossing Calculator (Derp)
Animal Crossing Clock (Derp)
Alt-Play: Jason Rohrer Anthology (Did not enjoy or appreciate)
Art Style NEMREM (Did not enjoy)
Move your Brain Rollway Puzzle (Too many technical faults to enjoy)
Oscar in Toyland (Hated it)

I'm interested in Go! Go! Kokopolo, but this is probably a 800 Point title.
If I could transfer the 100 points on my other DSi to the DSi with 700 points on it...but nah, not happening!

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

1,659. Posted:

Here are some packs I made based on games I have and enjoy:

The Toy Box pack:
Fishing Resort, AiRace: Tunnel and Candle Route.
These three toy-like games will provide you with lots of on-the-go fun.

The Fisherman Pack:
Fishing Resort and Big Bass Arcade.
If you like fishing you'll love them. Both are fast-paced and fun.

The Time Waster Pack:
3, 2, 1... WordsUp!, Don't Cross The Line and 1001 Blockbusters.
These are perfect for short gaming sessions.

The Pianist Pack:
Learning Piano 1, Learning Piano 2 and Playing Piano.
All three games are fun and pretty.

The Musical Mix Pack:
Guitar Rock Tour OR Mestro! Green Groove and any of the three mentioned above.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,660. Posted:

RupeeClock wrote:

Alt-Play: Jason Rohrer Anthology (Did not enjoy or appreciate)

:'(

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin