Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,772

MikeDanger

I'm gonna ask again since no one answered:
Is Picdun any good,and if there's a game you can compare it to, which one would it be?

I recommend Crystal Monsters for the Pokemon fans out there.

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

iBazly

@MikeDanger1: Picdun is pretty awesome! It draws on the first person-style dungeons of old, but VERY loosely. At it's heart it's REALLY just a puzzle game, there just happens to be some simple combat and a few RPG elements implemented. I really enjoy it, but it wasn't at all what I thought it would be.

Also, I've been REALLY tempted to get Crystal Monsters but I can't find enough info to convince me! What are the monsters like? For me if a game like that doesn't have cool monsters I can't connect - yet I can't find any online databases with details and images of the monsters available.

Retro_on_theGo

liavcol wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is the DSiWare Rayman games as bad as the review says? I just can't help but feel the review was kind of unfair. Would anyone recommended it?

I didn't read the review on NL but I can tell you that it is an awsome game. Also if you are a fan of Rayman and never played the first game before so I think you should. Anyway, this game is great (as I said before) and it is a part of my personal games collection though I must to warn you that it is a very very hard game (but you can easily find some cheats to make it easier).

Awesome, leaning towards buying it now. Anyone else care to give their opinion?

DinoandAllen

200 point greats

Aura-Aura Climber
Army Defender
Pauls Shooting Adventure1 or 2
Pop Island Paperfield <<<<<<<<A must have!
Photo Dojo <<<<<<<<A must have!
99 Seconds
Abosolute Reversi
Absolute Chess
Advancded Circuts
AiRace:Tunnel
Airport Mania:First Flight
Airport Mania:Non-Stop Flights
Alt-Play:Jason Rohrer Anthology
Birds and Beans
Bugs 'N' Balls
Crazy Hamster
Dodogo! Robo
Don't Cross the Line
Escapee GO!
Glory Days:Tatical Defense <<<<<<<<A must have!
I Must Run
Paper Airplane Chase
Penguin Patrol <<<<<<<<<A must have!
Primrose
Quickpick Farmer
Spotto!
my Notebook

Go Series

Undead Storm <<<<<<<<A must have!
10 Second Run
Defense Wars

G.G Series

D-Tank
Dark Spirts
Horizontal Bar

Edited on by DinoandAllen

DinoandAllen

DinoandAllen

500 point Hits

101 Dolphin Pets
99 Bullets
A Kappa's Trail
Amoebattle <<<<<<<<A must have!
Antipole
Art Style-Anyone of them! <<<<<<<All are a must have!
Bloons
Ball Fighter
Battle of the Elements
Bejewled Twist
Big Bass Arcade <<<<<<<A must have!
Bloons Tower Defense 3 <<<<<<<<<A must have!
Bomberman Blitz
Bookworm
Box Pusher
Castle Conquer
Castle Conquer-Heros <<<<<<<<A must have!
Castle Conquer-Revolution <<<<<<<<A must have!
Castle of Magic
Chronos Twins
Cosmo Fighters <<<<<<<<A must have!
Cosmos X2
Crazy Golf
Crystal Monsters <<<<<<<<<< A must have!
Cut the Rope
Dark Void Zero
Datamine
Doodle Fit
Dragon Quest Wars
Dreamwalker
Earthworm Jim <<<<<<<<A must have!
Fieldrunners <<<<<<<A must have!
Flametail
Flipper
Flipper 2
Frogger Returns
Go Series Earth Saver
Go Series Picdun
Hints Hunter
Ivy the Kiwi mini
JellyCar 2 <<<<<<<<<A must have!
Metal Torret
PictureBook Games:The Royal Bluff
Pinball Pulse:The Ancients Beckon
Pop Island <<<<<<<<A must have!
Pop+Solo <<<<<<<<<A must have!
Puzzle Rocks
Snakenoid Deluxe
Soul of Darkness
Spot the Difference
Steamworld:Tower Defense <<<<<<<<A must have!
Trajectile

Edited on by DinoandAllen

DinoandAllen

DinoandAllen

800 greats

AiRace
Asphalt 4:Elite Racing <<<<<<<<A must have!
Cave Story (Costs 1000 points)
Dairojo! Samurai Defenders
Divergent Shift
DodoGo!
Ferrari GT:Evolution
Foto Face:The Face Stealer Strikes<<<<<< A must have!
Legendary Wars:T-Rex Rumble
Mario vs. Donkey Kong:Minis March Again!<<<<<<<<<<<<<A must have!
Mighty Flip Champs!
Moto eXtreme
Need for Speed Nitro-X
Plants vs. Zombies <<<<<<<<<A must have!
Rayman <<<<<<<A Must have!
Scrabble Classic
Slingo Supreme
Thorium Wars (1000 points)<<<<<A must have!
UNO <<<<<<<A must have!
X-Scape
Zuma's revenge <<<<<<A must have!

DinoandAllen

RR529

Just got Anonymous Notes: From the Abyss: Chapter 1, and I am pleasently surprised by the game.

NL gave it a 5, but I honestly think it's worth an 8. As far as hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers go, it's as generic as it gets (the only diversity comes from pallet swaps in the environment & enemies), but it controls perfectly, there are quite a various number of weapons and spells at your disposal, a good length, and the enemies can get brutal later on. For only $2, I can overlook the barebones presentation, and minimal story. If you're into RPGs, it's worth the $2.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

6ch6ris6

i was thinking about getting "5 in 1 solitaire".
i really like to play freecell on my pc sometimes. it's a classic. think it would be cool to have this option on my 3DS too.
the review was quite good on nintendolife (7/10).
are there any flaws that i should know about before buying that game?
are the controlls and the look of the game still okay on the 3DS?
is the music anyoing or okay?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

rayword45

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i was thinking about getting "5 in 1 solitaire".
i really like to play freecell on my pc sometimes. it's a classic. think it would be cool to have this option on my 3DS too.
the review was quite good on nintendolife (7/10).
are there any flaws that i should know about before buying that game?
are the controlls and the look of the game still okay on the 3DS?
is the music anyoing or okay?

Controls have a slight delay according to some, but it's mostly unnoticable.
The music is only one track, which is very mellow and forgettable.
Overall, it's a much better choice then other Solitaire games on the DSiWare service, unless you're seriously aiming for sleek graphics.
Random glitch: This game freezes during gameplay at midnight DS time.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Nintenbro

I only have $2.47 left in my eShop account, and I hate leaving points laying around in my account. I really don't know exactly why, it just urks me. So I've been checking out some 200 point/$2.00 DSiWare, and these two titles caught my eye.

1) Escapee GO!

2) Penguin Patrol

Does anybody have any advice on which of these 200 point/$2.00 DSiWare titles I should invest in, or at least some insight into this matter?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Nintenbro

Ok, thanks @iphys, but what about, "99 Seconds"? Has anyone here played that yet. I'm really surprised there's still no gaming review available on NLife yet, with the amount of pre-release coverage it received here. I watched the sample video on the eShop, and it does seem to appear very interesting.

...Well, does anyone at least know how many levels it has?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Eel

I have escapee go and to be honest I didn't like it that much.
There's a review for 99 seconds here. It was posted days ago.

I have been interested in these anonymous notes games for some time now... Are they good? Anyone knows which one is better? Is there anything new in the second one?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

I am thinking of picking up Soul of Darkness and I was wondering if anyone around here as played it. Since I am a huge fan of the Castlevania series on DS I thought this game looked very similar to the play style of Castlevania games. I was wondering though how long of a game is it and If I am right in that a fan of the Castlevania series will enjoy this game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DarkEdi

Soul of Darkness is excellent. Is like Castlevania and it has variety and great gameplay. You upgrade your character, you need finish the game twice to get him complete in power.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Bassman_Q

G4L wrote:

I only have $2.47 left in my eShop account, and I hate leaving points laying around in my account. I really don't know exactly why, it just urks me. So I've been checking out some 200 point/$2.00 DSiWare, and these two titles caught my eye.

1) Escapee GO!

2) Penguin Patrol

Does anybody have any advice on which of these 200 point/$2.00 DSiWare titles I should invest in, or at least some insight into this matter?

I really enjoyed both of those games you mentioned, as they're both portable and have a certain retro charm to them. Escapee GO has a shorter campaign, but slightly more replayability, as you can replay the story mode or play through each level to beat your score. I think I favor Penguin Patrol a bit more, personally, as it has a bit more charm and a higher amount of levels. However, Penguin Patrol is more of a puzzle game than an action game, whereas Escapee GO is the opposite. So in the end, it mainly comes down to which genre you prefer.

Hope that helps.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Nintenbro

I decided to overlook the 6/10 NLife awarded, "99 Seconds," and I downloaded that instead. So far, it seems like a really good game for only 200 points/$2.00. I've only been able to beat the very last score on the pre-programmed local leader board. Which was with a score just over 300,000. First place on the local leaderboard is a score of 1,000,000, and I don't see myself beating that score for a very longtime.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Retro_on_theGo

Wow, I have 3000 DSiWare points left over from last Christmas.... Any recommendations on games I should get so I can spend all the points down to a 0, I'm thinking X-Scape, Rayman, and maybe one other art style game ( not sure which one)' but that adds up to 2100 which means I can still buy 1 more 500 point game and 2 200 point games.

Birdman

@Retro - I would definitely recommend X-Scape, but I'm not sure how the controls would feel after playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, though. I'm sure you'd be able to manage, though. For the rest of my recommendations, I'm going off the assumption that your Backloggery is accurate. For an Art Style game, I'd pick either Boxlife or DIGIDRIVE. I can't really recommend Rayman, since I don't own it, but about the only other 800 point games that may be worth it (imo) are Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords and Go! Go! Kokopolo. For 200 points, I would definitely get Aura-Aura Climber and one of the following: Spotto!, Pop Island: Paperfield or GO Series: Undead Storm. For 500 points, I recommend (in no real order) AlphaBounce, Digger Dan & Kaboom, A Kappa's Trail, Number Battle, Starship Defense and Trajectile. Hope that helps you out.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic