Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,772

xkirbyx

some help with picking out games?
Well, I'm getting Shantae and that's -1200 so I'll have only 800 points left.
What games should I get? I was thinking about mario vs. donkey kong, but i also like the looks of aura aura climber. and zenonia looks good too, i heard a lot of positive things about it.

Edited on by xkirbyx

HAIIIII.

liavcol

xkirbyx wrote:

some help with picking out games?
Well, I'm getting Shantae and that's -1200 so I'll have only 800 points left.
What games should I get? I was thinking about mario vs. donkey kong, but i also like the looks of aura aura climber. and zenonia looks good too, i heard a lot of positive things about it.

If you want a good game that cost 800 points I think you should try Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, because this is a retail DS game that came on the DSi for download. Or you can try Rayman, a really good classic game. And yes I think that Zenonia is good but I haven't played it yet, but I want, so if you'll chose it tell me what you think....

OH and what do you think about Shantea Risky's Revenge? It is got a story mode?

Edited on by liavcol

liavcol

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

xkirbyx

@liavcol I just looked at Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, and I have a question: is it really a "full, uncut game" as in its basically the ds cartridge game but worth $8? Also, I looked at Rayman and it just isn't really my taste.
I'm not that much big fan of shooter games, more rather stimulation, action, adventure, RPG, and etc.
Shantae: I think it has really nice graphics and i really want a game that has good replay value and depth in the game. The story mode adds along to it but I don't really care that much, but its a nice addition. Not to mention it good a very high score of 10/10.
Also, what do you think of Aura Aura Climber?

HAIIIII.

liavcol

xkirbyx wrote:

@liavcol I just looked at Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, and I have a question: is it really a "full, uncut game" as in its basically the ds cartridge game but worth $8? Also, I looked at Rayman and it just isn't really my taste.
I'm not that much big fan of shooter games, more rather stimulation, action, adventure, RPG, and etc.
Shantae: I think it has really nice graphics and i really want a game that has good replay value and depth in the game. The story mode adds along to it but I don't really care that much, but its a nice addition. Not to mention it good a very high score of 10/10.
Also, what do you think of Aura Aura Climber?

I'm sorry but I didn't play this game and I don't think I will because I really care about story in games so sorry about this.
And Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ is really a full retail game, it came out before the DSi and when the DSiware service came out the developers saw that they can sell this game as a downloadable game because the size of the game was little. There are more developers that did this like Abylight with the game Elite Forces Unit 77.

And if you like RPG so get the game Legends of Exidia, I have it and completed it (this is a part of my games collection) and this is really great RPG game, I think you'll enjoy it very much!

Edited on by liavcol

liavcol

xkirbyx

yeah...well there's my dilemma. i've decided ill get aura aura climber laters. now i narrowed it down to mario vs donkey kong and zenonia. but the problem is idk whether zenonia or legends of exidia is better. ive played the free version of zenonia on the iphone, and it was okay but i didn't like the virtual controls. I looked at the legends of exidia trailer plus review. it looked like to me that it'll be too easy to beat...so im not sure.

HAIIIII.

liavcol

Legends of Exidia is easy if you play on easy difficulty but even then it's got hard by the time, there are monsters that you must to kill before you starting certain missions of the game because it's tell you that it recommended that you'll be on some level (like level 33) and you really don't want to be below that level when you start the mission. Then you need to go find monsters and kill them for EXP and there are monsters that kill you in 2 hits so... I don't think it's too easy!
But if you like RPG so you still must try Legends of Exidia sometime!

liavcol

xkirbyx

i looked at more gameplay and reviews...and it looked okay. either ill get legends of exidia right now or later. well, i have shantae: risky's revenge to keep me busy so ill think about it. thanks for your help!

HAIIIII.

MikeDanger

Is Picdun any good? And if you could compare it to one or more games which would it be?

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

liavcol

I played Zuma's Revenge and didn't liked it at all - BAD CHOICE!

liavcol

BenAV

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Does anyone recommended any Art Style games? The only one I have is Pictobits and I absolutely love it! I'm not really into puzzle games though, so I'd like to see other's opinions on any of the other games. (except the sea diver one and the math one)

The three you mentioned are the three that I have.
Totally agree that PiCOPiCT is awesome, whereas the other two are fairly average.
No idea on the others so I'm pretty useless to you.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

KarrotMan

I've only played Precipice(Kubos for those in europe) and I highly recommend it as I enjoyed it more than Pictobits personally. Precipice won't have as much content as the others yet the core gameplay is the best out of all the Art Style games I played IMO. Heard alot of good things about Boxlife though even if the concept of cutting and folding boxes seems dull at first, alot consider this to be the best one out of the bunch so if you're like me you will be getting this as soon as you stock those points up. As for Zengage, or nemrem for you europeans, I'm getting a rubix cube vibe from this... also heard this is the hardest out of all the games. So unless you are a Puzzle nut, you'd best choose the other two I mentioned

Hoping the series continues to the 3DS and WiiU, we could use more 3dsware software.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

iphys

Boxlife is my favourite Art Style game: I like it even more than Pictobits. Precipice is really light on content, and I don't enjoy replaying it, so I kind of regret buying it actually.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

R-L-A-George

My sister is wanting a solitaire game on DSi, whats the best?

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

xkirbyx

@R-L-A-George maybe 5 in 1 Solitaire?? NL gave it a 7 so it must be pretty ok. but if u ask me, $2 for a solitaire game isn't worth it.

HAIIIII.

iBazly

Hey guys! I was hoping to get your opinions:

I don't have a set amount of money I'm looking for, but I'm hoping for more general recommendations. Here are some specifics from me:

• Cheap is definitely a plus!
  • I want a game that has a really high replay-ability. If possible, can you tell me what parts of the game give it replay-ability.
  • If the game has at least a 7 on NL that would be preferable, though if you can convince me as to why you feel it's better than they rated it, by all means let me know!

My favorite genre are RPGs and Roguelikes, though there are only a few of those on DSiWare and I already have the ones I'm interested in. I am very interested in the Art Style games but I'm not sure which ones would appeal to me.

The DSiWare games I already have are:

Aquia/Aquite
Aura Aura Climber
Bomberman Blast
Box Pusher
Dr. Mario
Glory Days: Tactical Defense
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
PicDun
Pictobits
Pop Island
Pop Island: Paperfield
Undead Storm
Zelda: Four Swords
Zenonia

R-L-A-George

xkirbyx wrote:

@R-L-A-George maybe 5 in 1 Solitaire?? NL gave it a 7 so it must be pretty ok. but if u ask me, $2 for a solitaire game isn't worth it.

Yeah, I looked it up. I find it weird that each of the games is like $1 per type of solitaire. Some of the DSiWare prices need to be cut down the middle.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

rayword45

Bazly wrote:

Hey guys! I was hoping to get your opinions:

I don't have a set amount of money I'm looking for, but I'm hoping for more general recommendations. Here are some specifics from me:

• Cheap is definitely a plus!
  • I want a game that has a really high replay-ability. If possible, can you tell me what parts of the game give it replay-ability.
  • If the game has at least a 7 on NL that would be preferable, though if you can convince me as to why you feel it's better than they rated it, by all means let me know!

My favorite genre are RPGs and Roguelikes, though there are only a few of those on DSiWare and I already have the ones I'm interested in. I am very interested in the Art Style games but I'm not sure which ones would appeal to me.

The DSiWare games I already have are:

Aquia/Aquite
Aura Aura Climber
Bomberman Blast
Box Pusher
Dr. Mario
Glory Days: Tactical Defense
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
PicDun
Pictobits
Pop Island
Pop Island: Paperfield
Undead Storm
Zelda: Four Swords
Zenonia

The closest thing to an RPG I have is AlphaBounce, which I adore but some people may find to be a tad dry (the non-planetary levels seem are auto-generated) ($5)

If you are fond of SHMUPs, 99Bullets is a great little game with decent replayability (it lacks online leaderboards though, which is disgraceful IMO) $5

Platformers, Shantae is by far the best but pricey ($12). Dark Void Zero might interest you.

Mighty Flip Champs ($8), Glow Artisan ($5) or Pop+ Solo ($5) if you want a puzzler.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

liavcol

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is the DSiWare Rayman games as bad as the review says? I just can't help but feel the review was kind of unfair. Would anyone recommended it?

I didn't read the review on NL but I can tell you that it is an awsome game. Also if you are a fan of Rayman and never played the first game before so I think you should. Anyway, this game is great (as I said before) and it is a part of my personal games collection though I must to warn you that it is a very very hard game (but you can easily find some cheats to make it easier).

liavcol

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic