Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,772

Oregano

Glory Days only has three stages but it's a lot of fun and can get very hectic.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Late

Qwikman_N_Bass wrote:

Alright I have 500 points sitting on my account and would like to do something with it. I don't necessarily NEED to buy a new game (as I still have loads of games to finish), but I wouldn't mind a new DSiWare game, as most of them that I have have already been beaten or I have grown a bit stale. So I'm thinking I do one of the following:

A.) Buy Castle Conqueror (Always wanted to play a DS RTS, but I'm worried it'll be too easy and/or too short.)
B.) Buy Alphabounce (Heard it has a great amount of content, but worried it'll be too simple or repetitive.)
C.) Save the points and hope that Flipper 2 or Amoebattle is only 500 points.

Any opinions or thoughts on what I should do?

Alphabounce was the first DSiWare game I bought from eShop for my 3DS and I'm wishing that I'd never done that. I like Arkanoid and Jardinains! but this was too boring even with all the power-ups. Some of the power-ups were really bad. For example: I hate Pilot-power-up and I'm always avoiding it as it really kills all the fun as you can't move your paddle when you take it. You can't die when you get it but is that fun? You can't get all the other power-ups when it just follows the ball and you just stare the screen for some seconds to finally be able to play again.
I quit playing the game after completing about 20 stages. It's just too boring.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Birdman

@guy_om - About the only TD game on DSiWare I can recommend to you (as I don't recommend games I haven't played and you've already played PvZ) is Starship Defense. It's definitely worth checking out and is loaded with personality.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

slidecage

for those interested in the card games (gin,spades ect) and thought 5.00 of each game was too much on a download there is now a cart verison Ultimate Card Games in the states for the ds (looks like the card games that you can download .... its 30 bucks but at least you get a lot more different card type games....

and it saves my points for next weeks downloads

slidecage

Bassman_Q

Alright thanks for your feedback, guys (though this comment is pretty late). Looks like I won't be getting Alphabounce, then, and I'll probably wait and see when Flipper 2 is coming out. If it is not released in a few weeks, I think I'll buy Castle Conqueror or Castle Conqueror Heroes. (I kinda want an RTS more than a turn-based game right now so I might just go with the original despite Heroes getting a higher score.)

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

shingi_70

throwing down $10 bucks tomorrow to get metroid and I needhelp for my next game.

Dark Void Zero or one of the art style games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Retro_on_theGo

Depends which one you're interested in. The art style games really vary. Pictobits is the most popular. It's a spin on a match three game like tetris, except here you match four. You should take a look at the games and see which one interests you. If none do I'll gladly recommend Dark Void Zero. Great controls, level designs, and great music! I've replayed it a lot.

slidecage

if you like match 3 games tomorrow

there is a game coming out (cant think of the name right now)

may look at pictobits when im download the other game tomorrow

Battle of the elements is the game

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

LordTendoboy
  • Snapdots (Nintendo / D3 Enterprise) - A very unique Picross-style puzzle game
  • Metal Torrent (Nintendo) - A vertical-scrolling shooter where enemy kills produce cubes that multiply your score. Very short, but oh so addictive.
  • Dark Void Zero (Capcom) - A "long-lost" NES version of the HD game, plays like Mega Man and Metroid put together.
  • Zelda: Four Swords (Nintendo) - You all know what this is.
  • Tetris Party Live - An online-enabled Tetris game that's also on the Wii. But with Tetris Axis out, this game is irrelevant.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Ramses

I heard Mighty Milky Way was good, should I get it?

Ramses

Mr-X9000

i have $2.22 left in my eshop account what dsiware game should i get?

3DS friend code: 1805-2417-4668
nintendo network ID: Mr.X9000
playstation network ID: dooghound

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2417-4668 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.X9000 | Twitter:

rayword45

Any SHMUP fan absolutely MUST get 99Bullets. Those on YouTube dissing it over graphics (knowing nothing about what vector is) must be ignored. This is one of the most unique games I have ever played. I only hope they will release a port to Steam (which they said is potential) to fix framerate issues and add more content.

@Ramses: Get Mighty Flip Champs first (obviously) then go for it. It's a great game, but definitely the weakest out of the Mighty games.

@xj0462: In this order of priority (assuming you may have one or two)

Aura-Aura Climber/Escapee Go!
10 Second Run
Army Defender
Spotto

Edited on by theblackdragon

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Lohengriehn

Bought a few games that I can recommend now:

GloryDays Tactical Defense
(very nice tower defense game at lowest cost with great graphics and great sound effects!)

Fieldrunners
(Tower defense also, "free to create map", nice soundeffects, nice graphics, high replay value)

Flipper 2
(One-button-game with nice graphics and soundeffects, replay value high bc of randomized castle mode)

Cosmos x2
(Sidescrolling shooter with good graphics and sounds, ideal for a short burst of shooting something)

Trailblaze
(puzzle game in which you have to burn trash with the burning tail of your spaceship, its big fun, try it or have a look on the trailer, its really very nice)

Game I cant recommend:
Save the turtles
(rushed through the 32 level in 2hrs...I dont get this game. Is it to scratch your touchscreen?)

Steamworld - Tower Defense
(even on easy too difficult, high velocity TD game it seems, way too fast for me).

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

Tasuki

Ok so I went I got myself hooked this weekend playing Angry Birds and I was wondering is their a version for the DS or 3DS available to download?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kholdstare

I have $5.03 in the eShop. Anybody know any good 200 point DSiWare? I'd get a 500 point game but the taxes are screwin' $hit up.

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I went I got myself hooked this weekend playing Angry Birds and I was wondering is their a version for the DS or 3DS available to download?

No.

@Kholdstare Some great 200 point games are Aura Aura Climber and Pop Island: Paperfield. Both got 9/10 here and I played both for hours.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

rayword45

Kholdstare wrote:

I have $5.03 in the eShop. Anybody know any good 200 point DSiWare?

It all depends what you're into. For 200, try Escapee Go!, Aura-Aura Climber, or 10-Second Run.

Edited on by theblackdragon

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Lohengriehn

Hello.

Just wondering, if Animal Color Cross is the only Picross-like game on the service? Are there any other Picross-like games available? Im interested in the first game and in Glow Artisan also perhaps...is it Picross-like too?

Lohengriehn

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

jdarrell

In Glow Artisan it tells you the solution at the beginning, and then there's medals for completing the puzzle in a limited amount of moves, pieces, or time. And there's an eraser and your moves always begin from the top or left. So it's a bit different to play. Anyways, recommended.

jdarrell

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic