Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,772

slidecage

thought i put my list up from best to worse and score ranking from 100
Number battle --- 95%--- best game i played so far too short though 5 hours to beat storymode
Zenonia ---90%--- fun rpg game
alpha bounce — 85 --- fun game very long probally take months to beat if not longer
telegraph sudoku--- 80%--- fun gme
Fishing resort--- 79%--- Fun game for 200 pts
cystal monsters --- 77%--- pokemon clone controls are messed up
Ej Puzzles hooked — 75%--- fun long mindsweeper clone game
aiport mania first flight ---75%--- fun time killer BUT way too easy
Plants vs zombies --- 74%--- would of ranked higher but its not the entire cart based game
Beach party Crazy ---74%---- Fun time waster
Break tactics---- 73%--- fun time waster
elemental Maters --70%--- Fun game but overpriced at 800pts... hard to learn as well
Picdum---70%--- gets boring fast
zoo frenzy---68%--- never played much
academy tic tac toe — 60.... fun little game but it seems way too easy to play.. nice game for 200 pts though
BIG bass arcade ---55%-- was fun at first but became boring again
Puzzle rocks --- 53%---- fun game but gets boring fast
Ubongo--- 52%--- fun game but very short beat in less then 4 hours story mode
ART of ink — 50% — was fun at first but became boring ... overpriced at 800 pts
Portable shrine wars--- 45%--- wasnt my type of game
glory days--- 40%--- wasnt my type of game
anonymous notes chapter 1 --30% boring game better to just buy FROM THE ABYSS cart
airport mania 20 --single stage game 200 pts dont waste your cash
Shapo-- 18%--- fun but boring game
Texas hold em poker--- 15%--- was expecting a lot more.. no touraments in this game at all
Six spin ----10%---- just could never get into the game
stratego--- 0%--- biggest waste of cash to me.. i thought it had mission modes how the pics looked played 10 mins and toss

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Terave

I just bought Pop Island: Paperfield (To wait a few days for a game which I'm waiting for) and it's actually pretty fun! It does last well in short bursts, but playing it long causes me bored.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Cengoku

Geonjaha wrote:

My DSiWare Games:

• Pyoro (200)
  • Paper Plane (200)
  • Dragon Quest Wars (500)
  • STARSHIP PATROL (500)
  • Link 'n' Launch (500)

All are worth it. I also bought Pop Island: Paperfield (200). I found it boring, I found the gameplay and characters weird, and I hated the graphics; so much so that I deleted it. Just goes to show not all reviews are for you (Site gave it a 9/10).

no, Dragon quest (even though I'm a fan of DQ series) dsiware is a boring game and it isn't worht buying it but I ca n say that Link 'n' Launch is a good game

My recommendations are:
1) Number Battle
2) some Art Style games (it depends your playing style)
3) Aura Aura Climber

Cengoku

iphys

If you're a 3DS ambassador you probably shouldn't buy Pyoro or Paper Plane, since we're going to get WarioWare Inc.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Big_Fudge

Starship Patrol: Absolutely love this game, along with Pixel Junk Monsters for the PSN, it's the joint best Tower Defence game I've ever played. Couldn't put it down until I'd perfected every stage. I guess my only gripe with it was that after 20 stages it's left me wanting more but a Starship Patrol 2 seems very unlikely. Much more enjoyable than the oddly popular Plants vs Zombies.

Flip Note Studio: This little freebie has re-sparked my interested in making cartoons, I've spent a ridiculous number of hours on this and am looking forward to the sequel. All it needs is some more colours, maybe a new copy and paste tools and a better export setting and it'll be a great piece of software.

Mighty Flip Champs: I wouldn't say this game is brilliant, I mean it's puzzles are pretty mind bending, but it's no Braid or anything. Still it's good game if you like a puzzle that makes great use of the dual screens.

Photo-Dojo: There's no reason everyone shouldn't have this game. It's very low priced and playing a fighting game starring your friends with their own voices is pretty hilarious, if you can't have fun with this game get some better friends.

On another note, I thought Alphabounce was very over rated. This was the first DSiware I bought (along with the rubbish Warioware Snapped) and I was very disappointed by it. I've played much better block breaking games 20 years ago.

Big_Fudge

6ch6ris6

airport mania first flight - must buy for 2€. great game!
aura aura climber - same as airport mania^^

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Late

So, my birthday is coming soon and I thought about getting presents for myself as I'm too old to get those from anyone else.
I'm going to buy some games with 30€ and I'm already sure about Mario vs. DK, Plants vs. Zombies and Mario Land 2 but then I have 10€ left and I'm not sure which games I should choose. I have two situations:

1. 8€ and 2€ game

• Mighty Flip Champs - seems like a funny puzzle game
  • Aura-Aura Climber - can't tell anything about this game by the look of the videos but I noticed that it's from Nintendo

2. Two 5€ games, I've considered few:

• Art Style: PiCOPiCT - Not entirely sure about this but it has good reviews and I've heard only good about Art Style series
  • Soul of Darkness - I somewhat like newer Castlevania games (NES games were too hard for me when I was a kid). This is the closest one for me to buy in this 5€ category. How long does it take to beat the game?
  • GO Series: Picdun - I'd like to try a Dungeon Crawler game but this one seems a bit odd one. I'd prefer more serious one but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about this game.
  • Dragon Quest Wars - I like strategy games but I'm not sure if this is good game or not. How deep is the strategy part?

I hope you can help me a little to decide what games I should buy. You can also say if you know better games than these and I'll take a look at them.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

6ch6ris6

pick aura aura climber. it is really good. read the review from this site.

cant talk about the other games cause i dont have them

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

slidecage

Late wrote:

So, my birthday is coming soon and I thought about getting presents for myself as I'm too old to get those from anyone else.
I'm going to buy some games with 30€ and I'm already sure about Mario vs. DK, Plants vs. Zombies and Mario Land 2 but then I have 10€ left and I'm not sure which games I should choose. I have two situations:

1. 8€ and 2€ game

• Mighty Flip Champs - seems like a funny puzzle game
  • Aura-Aura Climber - can't tell anything about this game by the look of the videos but I noticed that it's from Nintendo

2. Two 5€ games, I've considered few:

• Art Style: PiCOPiCT - Not entirely sure about this but it has good reviews and I've heard only good about Art Style series
  • Soul of Darkness - I somewhat like newer Castlevania games (NES games were too hard for me when I was a kid). This is the closest one for me to buy in this 5€ category. How long does it take to beat the game?
  • GO Series: Picdun - I'd like to try a Dungeon Crawler game but this one seems a bit odd one. I'd prefer more serious one but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about this game.
  • Dragon Quest Wars - I like strategy games but I'm not sure if this is good game or not. How deep is the strategy part?

I hope you can help me a little to decide what games I should buy. You can also say if you know better games than these and I'll take a look at them.

unless your looking at playing dragon quest online i say stay far away it has no single player mode

break tactics isnt a bad game... Fun little time killer.. i put in around 8 hours and on mission 20..not sure how many mission or how to unlock more troops

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

slidecage

update on nintendo ...

OCT 20 games
Castle Conqueror - revolutions 500 pts (probally day 1 purchase for me)

academy checkers --- 500 pts would of been day 1 buy at 200 pts
The world’s most famous board game for two players is now joining our Academy.
If there's no one around to compete with, there's no need to worry: skillful AI players will gladly play with you in two Checkers variants: English Checkers and International Draughts. And both of those variants are available in three different difficulty modes too! Compete in the League Mode if you want to try your hand at proving you're the Checkers Champ. Collect achievements and you will become a real Checkers Master!
Features

• Two checkers variants
  • Three difficulty modes
  • League mode
  • Achievements

so right now if nothing new pops up in oct it looks like only

Castle Conqueror - revolutions will be the only game i get .. though that checkers still is tempting

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

xxx_Kirby_xxx

Aura-Aura Climber, definitely. It's cute, fun and addictive. Just don't play it for too long or you'll finish the game. (Like I did, whoops).
Castle of Magic is a good 500 point platformer.
Pop Island: Paperfield is good for short bursts and in multiplayer.
Bird and Bombs (Spotto!) is a puzzle game (I think?) and is fun, cute and has nice music imo.
Army Defender is a great TD, even if you don't really like TD games!
Bird and Beans (Pyoro) is fun as well.

Anime Lovers Unite!

slidecage

Checkers Pushed back to OCT 27

CUT THE ROPE now comes out on the 20th

slidecage

Aqueous

I have 395 blocks of 3ds memory left, I'm thinking of getting one last ( unless something happens ) Nintendo point card for my dsi xl and transferring the games over one more time, I was thinking of picking from these, any advice (if you do remember it would be a 2000 point card and I don'y want left overs)

A Kappa's Trail - 50
G.G. Series NINJA KARAKURI DEN - 200
Dark Void Zero - 500
Tetris Party Live - 500
NUMBER BATTLE - 500
ZENONIA - 800
Touch Solitaire - 200
Aura-Aura Climber - 200
Spirit Hunters Inc - ???

Any advice for or against any title would help as this is just me considering if these will be some of my last titles. Also if you think of any titles I might like here is what I have:

Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Plants vs. Zombies
Photo Dojo
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March Again!
DRAGON QUEST WARS
BOMBERMAN BLITZ
Cave Story (Wiiware)

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Birdman

@Aqueous - I'd definitely get A Kappa's Trail and Aura-Aura from your list, but that's about all I'd truly recommend from your list. Some titles you should consider are Trajectile or Starship Defense, and X-Scape or Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

iphys

Get Aura-Aura Climber definitely. Tetris Party Live is great if you mainly just want to play people online, but it's pretty bare bones aside from that. I think you would also like Starship Defense, not that I've bought it myself yet. Art Style Boxlife, Art Style Pictobits, and Trajectile are also genuinely good choices.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Aqueous

@Birdman13 - Thank you, I've watched the eshop video of x-scape and didn't like the look of it, also I forgot about Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, I might have to think of that one again now

@iphys - Taking your word for it as the second person to say I should get Aura-Aura Climber, I'll pick it up then, also it's helps that I've met you. If you say Tetris is bare bones and I have seen it, might as well skip that one. I forgot about Art Style Pictobits, not sure about the other ones and now I need to look up Starship Defence, to learn about it.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

slidecage

is there any game like NUMBER BATTLE out on dsiwere or even on a dsi cart.... loved the game but it was way too short .. i keep going back and replaying it but love to find something like this ...would even pay 30 if it came out on a cart based game (if it had at least 10X more battles)

slidecage

slidecage

New point levels coming for DSIWERE games ??? was 200 500 800 but noticed

Noticed this week games
Pyraminds 3.99

EDIT looks like nintendo made a mistake and listed this game for the DSIwere instead of the 3ds... no that is why its 400 pts .... looked like a cute game but wont pay 160 bucks to download a game (need to buy system and cant stand the 3ds system /... eyes dont like it one bit)

also the halloween game is coming but 800 pts for a hidden picture game seems very very high

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

6ch6ris6

hey just beat the final lelvl from airport mania first flight and the game said that i unlocked a "nonstop"-mode but i cant find anything in the game.

wtf?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic