DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,775

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,361. Posted:

Redmad wrote:

Hello everyone.

Excuse my bad english please. I'm French and quite young. :)
Well, I'll soon have 20 Euros for my e shop account and i want to buy some good games for the summer. :-)

I allready have:
-Mario's Ciment Factory
-Donkey Kong Jr
-Paper Plane
-Photo Dojo (Pictures Dojo ? )
-Aura-Aura
-Pokedex 3D
-Radar Mission
-Double Dragon
-Super Mario Land
-Donkey Kong
-Excitebike

Any ideas ? :)

I would consider Tetris a must-have personally. I'm having a lot of fun battling people online, although some of them are just insanely good. And I've spent a lot of time trying to beat level 4 of the computer battle.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,362. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a AAA title that has came out within the last couple of months. The newest title I've bought was Glory Days and I've been trying to keep up with the DSiware since the, but due to all the "meh" releases it kinda hard to stay interested. No puzzlers though, but an action puzzler would be ok.

FARM FRENZY is coming to the states on july 7 for 500.... if you like those types of games

slidecage

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,363. Posted:

slidecage wrote:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a AAA title that has came out within the last couple of months. The newest title I've bought was Glory Days and I've been trying to keep up with the DSiware since the, but due to all the "meh" releases it kinda hard to stay interested. No puzzlers though, but an action puzzler would be ok.

FARM FRENZY is coming to the states on july 7 for 500.... if you like those types of games

If you're gonna get a farm game, get QuickPick Farmer. It's not AAA, but frenetically fun, only 200 points, and made by a one-man indie dev who has an account on NL.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,364. Posted:

slidecage wrote:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Oh man, Farm Frenzy is awesome. I have it on the PSP Minis, and love the game to death.

But then I am a time management fan. Still. Farm Frenzy is the best of those. (and it's not a "farming game" like the previous poster suggests. At all)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,365. Posted:

It may be different for other platforms, but I have Farm Frenzy for Android and personally, it isn't a game I'd even remotely categorize as close to being awesome. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but after reading so many positive posts..., it's so meh, it makes me sick, the thought of anyone wasting their hard earned money on it. ...but different strokes for different folks, here's a video so you can make up your own mind.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,366. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

time management

does that mean like Rollercoaster Tycoon or something like that for example? I like managing things too, makes me kind of wonder if I should download supermarket mania.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,367. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

It may be different for other platforms, but I have Farm Frenzy for Android and personally, it isn't a game I'd even remotely categorize as close to being awesome. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but after reading so many positive posts..., it's so meh, it makes me sick, the thought of anyone wasting their hard earned money on it. ...but different strokes for different folks, here's a video so you can make up your own mind.

Wow is that a terrible version of the game. Where's the happy music? The cute animation? The personality? It's far more entertaining on the PSP as a mini.

That is pretty much proof of how music and presentation are important to games.

does that mean like Rollercoaster Tycoon or something like that for example? I like managing things too, makes me kind of wonder if I should download supermarket mania.

No, those are simulation games. Time management is a genre where you've got multiple things to do, and need to multi-task to get them all completed within a set time limit, make sure customers are happy etc etc. There's nothing deep about these games, but like tower defence games they can be simple, charming and addictive.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,368. Posted:

Since the DSiWare version is likely a stripped down port of the retail cart, I've found video of the DS retail release.
http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafvxYu.html

Honestly, regardless of graphics, it doesn't seem very interesting to me, but that's just my opinion. It's good to know the Android version wasn't a proper representation of Farm Frenzy though, it sucked.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,369. Posted:

Ok, Shantae or Minis March Again?
MMA is cheaper and it seems really fun. Shantae looks good too but its a bit pricey.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,370. Posted:

2000 points
bird and bombs (spotto!) - 200
a little bit of... dr mario (dr mario express) - 500
reflect missile (projectile) - 500
mario vs dk: minis march again! - 800

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

Oregano

1,371. Posted:

Alright guys I've already got quite a lot of DSiware but I'm looking for a new game or two so you can just throw any suggestions out there.

The stuff I'm looking for:
any price but cheaper is better
can be played in quick bursts and can be taken at your own pace
preferably has lots of content and not much repetitiveness

Any suggestions are appreciated!

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,372. Posted:

Oregano wrote:

Alright guys I've already got quite a lot of DSiware but I'm looking for a new game or two so you can just throw any suggestions out there.

The stuff I'm looking for:
any price but cheaper is better
can be played in quick bursts and can be taken at your own pace
preferably has lots of content and not much repetitiveness

Any suggestions are appreciated!

airport mania 200 pts is a nice game for 2oopts
Farm frenzy comes out tomorrow at 500 pts

slidecage

AuthorMessage

iphys

1,373. Posted:

Frenzic is 200 points and can be played in quick bursts (although I have a hard time stopping myself from playing just one game). I guess it is sort of repetitive, but repetitive like Tetris is repetitive: it's always the same simple gameplay, but every game is different because the pieces are randomized.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,374. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

MMA is cheaper and it seems really fun. Shantae looks good too but its a bit pricey.

It depends. If you prefer platformers over games where you don't control the characters I'd recommend Shantae. In my opinion though Shantae is a little bit too short for the asking price. Plus it's not very challenging at all up until the end. With MMA you get new levels by online plus some levels can get tough. I've only seen videos of that game though so I'm probably not the best person to be saying that.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

1,375. Posted:

Personally, I think there are better games to get than Frenzic. Here are some suggestions, Oregano:
Fire Panic, Spotto, Flight Control, Number Battle, Big Bass Arcade, DodoGo! Robo, G.G. Series SUPER HERO OGRE.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Oregano

1,376. Posted:

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'm not really into fishing games(BBA isn't out in europe anyway) and I already have a few of those games.... and I don't really want any more puzzle games. It might sound weird but I want a game where I control some form of character.

My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

1,377. Posted:

I take it you have Pop Island?

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Oregano

1,378. Posted:

Yup, and Paperfield as well.

My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,379. Posted:

Birds and Beans sounds like it would fit your needs and it's only 200 points.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,380. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

It depends. If you prefer platformers over games where you don't control the characters I'd recommend Shantae. In my opinion though Shantae is a little bit too short for the asking price. Plus it's not very challenging at all up until the end. With MMA you get new levels by online plus some levels can get tough. I've only seen videos of that game though so I'm probably not the best person to be saying that.

Thanks. I chose MMA and its pretty fun! :)
4-5 is pretty tough though

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!