DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,321. Posted:

@Qwikman - I haven't played either one, but I'd go with MMW. PvZ has a great difficulty curve, but the DSiWare version has only the campaign and minigames and lacks Survival, Puzzle, and Zen Garden modes, and those are where I find a lot of the replay value (in the DS cartridge version). There are simply better (and most likely less expensive) versions out there. That's just my opinion.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,322. Posted:

if you had to buy one plants would be the one but remember its not the FULL cart verison (somemini games are left out and the zen garden isnt in it.)

seems nintendo updated their site and now there is no way to see what games are coming soon ... so until nintendo goes back to the old way i guess we are just going to have to wait ever thursday till noon to see what comes out

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

1,323. Posted:

The Nintendo link is in a new but still tricky location:
http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide?download=dsiware

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,324. Posted:

Alright thanks for the feedback, people. :) Since MMW is specifically for DSi, then I think I'll get that. While I don't own any other platform that PvZ is on, I may buy it eventually. However, I see MMW as a better choice since it was made specifically for DSiWare.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,325. Posted:

So far I'm enjoying my first 2 purchases of DSiWare titles from Nintendo eShop, Army Defender and AlphaBounce. What should I get next?

Edited on by LucinaSmash

hype train destinations: Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,326. Posted:

How much can you spend? For $8, I recommend X-Scape or Mario vs. DK. For $5, there's Starship Defense, Number Battle, A Kappa's Trail, GO Series PicDun, or Dark Void Zero. For $2, then I'd recommend Aura-Aura Climber, Airport Mania: First Flight, GO Series Captain Sub, Spotto, or Escapee GO. All are pretty solid imo.

DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,327. Posted:

I'm considering PvZ after playing a free trial version on the PC (handheld sounds like the better option) and Inchworm Animation due to video capability and replay value. Any other recommendations? No WayForward stuff please.

Anyone have Pro Jumper?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,328. Posted:

Project-L wrote:

So far I'm enjoying my first 2 purchases of DSiWare titles from Nintendo eShop, Army Defender and AlphaBounce. What should I get next?

picdun is a long game for the 5 bucks

slidecage

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,329. Posted:

Thanks! I have about 10 titles on my wish list now.

hype train destinations: Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,330. Posted:

@Project-L - If you're still looking for new DSiWare titles, in addition to just about everything @Quikman reccomended, I also reccomend the following: Digger Dan & Kaboom, Castle Conqueror, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, and Trajectile. All of those are $5, except for Puzzle Quest, which is $8.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

1,331. Posted:

I second the Trajectile recomendation. Its a fantastic game and has tons of potential lasting appeal trying to get all the medals. It very addicting and extremely well made and polished. One of my favorite DSiWare games.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

1,332. Posted:

Are the Anonymous notes games any good?

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,333. Posted:

Nah, they're repetitive and broken. Although they're only $2, they're a waste of time imo.

DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,334. Posted:

Kid_Vaycarus wrote:

Are the Anonymous notes games any good?

your better off just getting FROM THE ABYSS cart for the same price

slidecage

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,335. Posted:

Is Mario Vs DK a good choice?
I haven't played any previous games in the series. I recently finished DK 94 for Gameboy and I'm curious. Is it okay to start with minis march again? Am I missing anything by skipping the previous games?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,336. Posted:

@Link79 - You should have no problems jumping into MMA. The tutorials do a good job of explaining the mechanics (from what I remember), and the plot is so bare-bones that it doesn't matter that there were previous games in the series. You're not missing anything by not playing the earlier entries.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Link79

1,337. Posted:

@ Birdman13
Thanks I decided to get it. Pretty neat so far. I'm already getting stumped in some of the early levels.
This should keep me busy for a while.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Pastry

1,338. Posted:

@Link79, Although it isn't a DSiWare title, if you really enjoyed playing Donkey Kong '94 would recommend buying Mario vs. Donkey Kong for the GBA. It follows almost the same formula as '94.

EDIT: Oh man. I was so close to being post 1337. Darn.

Edited on by Pastry

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Mirrorball

1,339. Posted:

I was thinking I might like X-Scape, but watched the game clip through the eShop. I have the 3DS and the clip looks awful (bad resolution or something). for those who have it & play it with the 3DS, does it look as bad as the clip?

Mirrorball

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,340. Posted:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide?download=dsiware

few more games added

SO FAR ONLY 1 GAME FOR JULY 7.... was rumor dsiwere games were going to fall off ... we will have to wait and see what happens

Jewel keepers Easter Island 500 pts (sort of reminds me or a poor mans cradle of rome type of game without the building part) might been nice at 200.. for 500 I wait for review

Welcome to Jewel Keepers: Easter Island – an addictive match-three arcade action game with mind-blowing visuals and engaging storyline! This game will keep you entertained for hours, as you travel across Easter Island and help to unveil its mysteries.

One day Professor “H”, the world-renowned expert on Easter Island, received a strange letter from the capital city Hanga Roa. It was a cry for help from somebody unknown. It said that something bad was going on the island. Without any hesitation, Professor, together with his assistant Joel and his granddaughter Ivie, rushed to the island, where many puzzles, mysteries and quests awaited them. Can you help him to reveal the greatest secret of Easter Island?
Features

• More than 20 levels spread all over Easter Island
  • Tons of different board shapes
  • Intriguing story about the mysteries of Easter Island

JULY 14??
Extream hangman 200 pts..... could be a good buy but then again its hangman so dont expect much :) I wonder what the challenge mode will be

Extreme Hangman 2 is coming! New categories, worlds, animations, and backgrounds are waiting just for you. The goal in Extreme Hangman 2 is to save the hangman by guessing the word. If you guess the word, the hangman lives. If you guess wrong, the hangman dies. You only have a limited number of times you can miss, so guess carefully! The sequel Extreme Hangman 2 boasts over 3000 words in 14 totally new categories, with 10 funny animations and 4 eye-catching backgrounds to choose from. Check your skill and try to save the hangman by guessing words in three difficulty levels.

PUZZLE FEVER 500 pts JULY 14 ... game looks like UBONGO without the story mode (same type of game match shapes to make them fit into a cutout image ... would of probally been day 1 at 200 pts.. will wait to see review for number of levels on this one ... looks like at least 125 puzzles in time attack mode. i enjoyed ubongo so i may pick this up day one .....

Puzzle Fever is a true test of skill for puzzle game fans, challenging players to race to prove their mental agility. Each puzzle consists of pieces that must be fitted together on a board. There is only one possible way for players to fill in the board’s gaps with the pieces they select. The premise is simple… the fun is endless!

Relax Mode
Solve puzzles without any pressure. This mode does not feature time limits.

Time Attack Mode
All of the puzzles must be completed in a race against time. Players must keep their eyes on the clock, as timing is essential. Puzzles must be solved within the recommended time periods.

Multiplayer
This mode offers multiplayer gameplay through the wireless communication option. Players can adjust puzzle difficulty as well as the number of puzzles they want each round to contain.
Features

• A true test of skill for puzzle game fans
  • No time limits in Relax Mode
  • Race against the clock in Time Attack Mode
  • Join your friends in Multiplayer mode

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage