Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,772

cheapogamer4life

GrandSparkster wrote:

Any of the GO or GG games that are good?

10 Second Run is pretty good and feature packed for its price.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

slidecage

desided to get

Beach party craze... it seems its the full PC game port (maybe that is why it was 8 bucks..) took me around 25 mins to get though the first 5 levels (out of 50) it has about 15 different medels you can earn as well)

is it worth 800 pts... if you like games like build a lot and stuff like that i would say probally....
will hopefully play it more later... hopefully nothing else i want this month already blew 1300 pts this month with this and picdun

slidecage

lockelocke

Ok
I've got 5 bucks left for the eShop, and I'm debating between Donkey Kong from the 3DS VC or a $5 game from the DSIWare selection. I Have NO DSIWare games as of now. What do u guys think?

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Birdman

@lockelocke - Well, you really can't go wrong with DK'94, but my personal favorite 500 point DSiWare games are above in post #1302.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Link79

Any good RPG's on Dsiware?
I saw something called Zenonia but I know nothing about it.
I need something that lasts a while.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

TonyCapri

slidecage wrote:

is it worth 800 pts... if you like games like build a lot and stuff like that i would say probally....
will hopefully play it more later... hopefully nothing else i want this month already blew 1300 pts this month with this and picdun

Just priced the PC version on Amazon. It's $7. Seems a bit overpriced to me for a DSiWare title.

Nintendo Life reviewer

slidecage

not sure if these are DSI OR 3ds were games only

JUNE 23
Stratego: Next Edition 800pts (looks like this game is out now in europe cart based but will cost you at least 24 bucks ==sorry nintendo but at least for me the game doesnt look worth more then 200 pts on the trailer they have out for it

delbo 200 pts
Pro Jumper! Guilty Gear 500 pts

JUNE 30
June moto extreme
the lost town (the dust)
boardwalk ball toss

looks like my points are safe at least till the first week of july

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

GreenAbobo

slidecage wrote:

Pro Jumper! Guilty Gear 500 pts

I wasn't sure we'd be getting that one, but consider me sold.
[youtube:MMDQmYMA2vU]

GreenAbobo

slidecage

GreenAbobo
didnt you buy that majhong game this week.. can you give more details about it (how it plays , how long you played it, is it fun)

thinking about going down tomorrow and getting it since there is nothing i want for the next two weeks.. was going to get it with beach party but nintendo got caught in a loop and had to reboot (wasnt going to sit down there for another 15 mins waiting to reboot) i go down to a hot spot to download my games

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

GreenAbobo

slidecage wrote:

GreenAbobo
didnt you buy that majhong game this week.. can you give more details about it (how it plays , how long you played it, is it fun)

thinking about going down tomorrow and getting it since there is nothing i want for the next two weeks.. was going to get it with beach party but nintendo got caught in a loop and had to reboot (wasnt going to sit down there for another 15 mins waiting to reboot) i go down to a hot spot to download my games

It's kind of fun. I played through all 45 stages, which took about an hour of total play time. It seems like a good primer for teaching the basics of mahjong, because after beating the game I can now identify and order all the tiles and am familiar with the different types of sets. Now if they EVER release a legit mahjong title outside of Japan, I'll be able to hit the ground running.
As far as 200 pt puzzlers go though, Frenzic remains the most enjoyable to me. Very addictive.

GreenAbobo

Tate24

need help dont know which one to get?

red riding hood's zombie bbq
or
airace

RRHZBBQ lools really fun and there some decenr content like boss attack and story and survival modes. all 7.50
then theres
airace 9 planes, 6 track not including mirror versions plus time trial 6 player option.

though both sound great ive only got 11.10 so only gonna be able get one

but whar one dont know????

help

If we knew how small we were are problems wouldn't seem so BIG!

slidecage

seems there is going to be 1 game in each point range each week
200, 500,800

was looking more at the lost town (the dust) 500 pts... if they get the slowdown out of the game could be a fun litle game but even the video shows major slowdown in the game...

slidecage

TonyCapri

Tate24 wrote:

need help dont know which one to get?

red riding hood's zombie bbq
or
airace

help

If it's the same game as the retail card, I'd definitely recommend Zombie BBQ. It gets pretty hard later on, but it's got a great sense of humor and is a really fun on-rails shooter.

Nintendo Life reviewer

Bassman_Q

Link79 wrote:

Any good RPG's on Dsiware?
I saw something called Zenonia but I know nothing about it.
I need something that lasts a while.

I'd say PicDun. It's a very solid 1st-person RPG, and makes good use of the touchscreen on the DS. It also has some fairly clever puzzles, and has an extensive amount of content for 5 bucks.

There are other RPG's on DSiWare, but none are any good imo. Zenonia I thought was laughably bad, with its pokemon-wanna-be graphics, glitchy interface, terrible dialogue, and its complete lack of anything original besides its annoying hunger system. That game is probably my biggest regret on DSiWare so far, as it wasted $8 that I could've spent on some WayForward game.

Ananymous Notes is also pretty bad, as despite its fairly good retro-styled graphics, there really is no pull factor that makes you want to play it, and the dialogue is even WORSE than that in Zenonia, though not by much. The gameplay gets old very quickly, and its easy to be killed because of a lack of health items.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Bassman_Q

Anyway, I have 1700 points on my account, and was wondering which 800 point game I should buy next. I was looking at either Plants v. Zombies or Mighty Milkyway. I don't wanna get both, as I'm saving up for upcoming DSiWare releases like Flipper 2, Spirit Hunters, Inc., and Amoebattle. Which one has more value and which is more fun? Also, how's the difficulty in both?

Bassman_Q

Terave

@Qwikman_Bass I would choose Plants Vs Zombies.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Birdman

@Qwikman - I haven't played either one, but I'd go with MMW. PvZ has a great difficulty curve, but the DSiWare version has only the campaign and minigames and lacks Survival, Puzzle, and Zen Garden modes, and those are where I find a lot of the replay value (in the DS cartridge version). There are simply better (and most likely less expensive) versions out there. That's just my opinion.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

slidecage

if you had to buy one plants would be the one but remember its not the FULL cart verison (somemini games are left out and the zen garden isnt in it.)

seems nintendo updated their site and now there is no way to see what games are coming soon ... so until nintendo goes back to the old way i guess we are just going to have to wait ever thursday till noon to see what comes out

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Bassman_Q

Alright thanks for the feedback, people. Since MMW is specifically for DSi, then I think I'll get that. While I don't own any other platform that PvZ is on, I may buy it eventually. However, I see MMW as a better choice since it was made specifically for DSiWare.

Bassman_Q

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic