Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,772

xAlias

Thanks a bunch. I'm also interested in strategy type games as well.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

Glad I could help! There are some great strategy games on DSiWare, but most of them are 500 Points. Libera Wing is 800, though.

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

Do you have any 500 point platformer suggestions?

xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

Sure do. Go! Go! Island Rescue is great (but, IMO, not better than DodoGo). Ivy the Kiwi? Mini also comes highly recommended.

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

Cool. Is starship patrol any good?

Edited on by xAlias

xAlias

xAlias

What about Shantae?

xAlias

xAlias

Hmmm... I'm thinking about flip champs, but still can't decide...

xAlias

HolyMackerel

Shantae: RR is very short. The graphics, characters and gameplay are wonderful but the game is just too short. It's up to you, if you love 16-bit era platformers then this game will make you flip. If not then you'll find the price is too high.

Mighty Flip Champs! is a fiendishly hard puzzle game, but very rewarding. You really need to think out your movements ahead of time or you'll end up dying a lot. I enjoyed it, but I haven't finished it due to the high difficulty.

HolyMackerel

xAlias

Hmmm.. Anyone played Pictobits?

xAlias

xAlias

Anyone big fans of Art Academy, either?

Edited on by xAlias

xAlias

TLOZfreak

pictobits is phenomenal! and it gets really hard in the latter stages.. But you can never go wrong with shantae

TLOZfreak

freakpower70

labrat7 wrote:

Anyone big fans of Art Academy, either?

I have both the first and second semester but I haven't completed the first. I like them. As for Shantae; huge yes, it is really worth it.

Edited on by freakpower70

freakpower70

HolyMackerel

Pictobits is really great yeah. Lots of content for 500 points and great music to boot. In fact any of the Art Style games (except ZENGAGE/NEMREM) is a good choice.

Also, Dark Void Zero and Chronos Twin are a good platformers for 500 points.

HolyMackerel

slidecage

thinking about getting the new ante up Texas Hold'em (DSiWare) game but dont know if worth the cash if i already have world series of poker 2008 on a cart and got 4 poker games on my psp ....... anyone whos played that how many touraments is there and is it worth the points if you already have poker games

digger dan and kaboom is another game im tempted to grab...

going to get hit with 12 inches to 16 inches of snow coming in tuesday so need something to keep be buzzy LOL

slidecage

slidecage

HolyMackerel wrote:

Pictobits is really great yeah. Lots of content for 500 points and great music to boot. In fact any of the Art Style games (except ZENGAGE/NEMREM) is a good choice.

Also, Dark Void Zero and Chronos Twin are a good platformers for 500 points.

so Pictobits is a good long game ? got 500 pts left and trying to figure out what to spend on them

the new texas hold em game... digger dan and now im starting to look at this,

Edit think i found the answer... one review site said there is only 30 levels .... so could be short (could always replay them)

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

rosemo

@slidecage: Many of those 30 levels will take you a good long while to beat. The game gets insanely hard about halfway through. Get Trajectile first if you haven't already.

The problem with DSiWare recommendations of Art Style games is that each one is geared toward a different type of puzzle gamer. For instance, I really liked Base10, precipice and Zengage and did not really enjoy Pictobits at all other than the Nintendo nostalgia factor. Some people do not want to pay more than $5 for a game, even if it has loads of content. Others expect a short gaming experience for $5.

Anyway, I've found that with DSiWare sometimes you just have to take the plunge. Sometimes you might like it, other times you will be disappointed.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

cheapogamer4life

labrat7 wrote:

Cool. Is starship patrol any good?

i highly recommend this game. I never really been into TD games, but this one is definitely one that everybody can enjoy.

About platformers, these are good ones:
Darkvoid Zero & Soul of Darkness- short but worth 500 nps. SoD is kinda easy unless you don't upgrade so often.
Rayman- difficult platformer
10 Second Run- all around good buy for 200 nps.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic