Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,772

bboy2970

Is Digger Dan like.....a good game? No offense to ImDiggerDan but it looks like a risky buy at best without a review to go on.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

GreenAbobo

I'm going to check out Digger Dan once I get some points. It looks kinda like Boulder Dash, which was one of my favorites on the old C64.

GreenAbobo

slidecage

i might download digger dan after i beat final fantasy 4 lights .. that game is just driving me nuts knowing its sitting there half complete

are the levels very short (meaning you can beat them quickly) or its going to be a long good lenght game ......

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Kid_A

bboy2970 wrote:

Is Digger Dan like.....a good game? No offense to ImDiggerDan but it looks like a risky buy at best without a review to go on.

Well I just got my review officially submitted today so it should be up soon. But I can at least confirm that it is, indeed, a very fun game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ImDiggerDan

I can confirm that there are 100 levels in all. Some of the early ones are pretty short intentionally to allow younger players (including my 4 year old son who is credited as a tester) to enjoy the game, with later levels getting bigger and more complicated. The final level is simply immense. When testing that all levels could be completed 100%, I was averaging around 10-15 levels per night, but take into account that I understand the mechanisms of the game completely. One of my friends got stuck on the 2nd training level, which was a real shock as you can't really do much wrong on it.

bboy2970 - It really depends what sort of game you like as to whether you think it'll be a good game for you, so I can't really answer that. I'm not going to try claim that it's 100% perfect, but it's the only game I've ever worked on that I've actually enjoyed playing myself. Read the review when it's up (sounds like it'll be pretty soon) and listen to the opinions of people who have paid for it.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

CinnamonRobin

Can anyone give me some recommendations? I have 800 points burning a hole in my DSiWare account! I just bought 10 Second Run and was going to buy Alt-Play, but on reflection I think it might be a bit too arty for me, though if someone who has bought it wants to persuade me otherwise then feel free!
There are a few criteria:
Obviously, the game(s) can't be more than 800 points, and they must be available in the UK DSi shop. I'm open to pretty much any genre, but I'm a bit hit-and-miss with puzzles - I really enjoyed Art Style: Picopict and Boxlife, but not liked others. I am a big fan of Picross so was thinking about Animal Colour Cross - if someone can give an opinion on that that would be great!
Also, I already own Mario vs DK, the above Art Style games plus Kubos and Intersect, AlphaBounce, 3D Space Tank, Tales in a Box and Flipper. Recommend away!

CinnamonRobin

KnucklesSonic8

What kind of game are you looking for? Anything in particular?

KnucklesSonic8

CinnamonRobin

Like I said, I'm open to pretty much anything. I really just want to hear from people about what DSiWare games they liked and why so I can decide what to get.

CinnamonRobin

HolyMackerel

@NFreak007 With 800 points I'd suggest either buying one 800 point game or four 200 point games. If you get a 500 point game and a 200 point game you'll have 100 left over... I hate that.

That said, my recommendations:

800 - X-Scape, Rytmik
500 - Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon, Starship Patrol, Reflect Missile, Tetris Party Live, Glow Artisan, Dark Void Zero, Suujin Taisen Number Battles, Pop Island
200 - Spotto!, Aura-Aura Climber. EA Sudoku, Photo Dojo, Pop Island: Paperfield

Take your pick!

HolyMackerel

KnucklesSonic8

Alright then. Hmmm...
Pop Island, Starship Defense and Trajectile are all games I highly recommend right off the bat.

@HolyMackerel: He has X-Scape (3D Space Tank) already.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

HolyMackerel

@KS8 Ooh I didn't know X-Scape was called 3D Space Tank in the EU store. What a boring name lol.

Also I highly recommend Pinball Pulse if you like pinball. It's overlooked by many but it's one of the best pinball video games I've played. There's tons of challenge and replay value. It's addictive and rewarding - just ask mushroomer.

HolyMackerel

CinnamonRobin

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Rytmik! I'd been wanting to get that for a while and had forgotten all about it! Looks like I'll be getting that, but I'll have a look at some of the others next time I have some points. Thanks for the help!

CinnamonRobin

xAlias

Any 800-point recommendations?

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

X-Scape for sure. What games do you already have and are you looking for anything in particular?

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

No 800-pointers, so I'm new.

xAlias

xAlias

No.. How about platformers.

xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

Divergent Shift is good. Most find Mighty Flip Champs enjoyable.

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

Which of those two do you like best?

xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

Honestly, I never played Mighty Flip Champs a whole lot and I believe that's partly why I didn't think it was THAT great. Divergent Shift is good, but I noticed some were turned off by the visual style. Have a look at both games and see which one looks right for you.

KnucklesSonic8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic