Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,772

Supermarioman

I still haven't hears any opinions on Rayman, so is it worth the $8 or should I just skip it?

Supermarioman

Djrr-ific

@supermarioman

For me it was worth the points, but thats just because it was my very first video game ever.
It brings back memorys and stuff... I think if you want a simple platformer Castle Of Magic is also pretty good..

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2047-4489

rosemo

Supermarioman wrote:

I still haven't hears any opinions on Rayman, so is it worth the $8 or should I just skip it?

@Supermarioman: I have Rayman for DSiWare. I think I have talked about it previously in this thread, so check out my other comments. I think it is the best platformer on DSiWare, but be ready for a tough challenge. The presentation and music is truly top-notch for DSiWare. So yes, it is worth the $8. I'm not sure about Reflection, but I am excited about Dark Void Zero as well.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

SherlockHolmes

Whats the best 500 points game?

Squadala! We're off!
3DS Friend Code: 3566-1684-2813
Xbox360 Gamertag:Thatreggaeguy
Add me and I'll add back!
Old Username: thelawyer

Percentful

@thelawyer I would have to say Pop Island. If you already have that, I think that army defender/myNotebook and an electroplankton are good, plus you get a worthless 100 points left over!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

SherlockHolmes

I have army defender but I live in the UK so i can't get Pop Island electroplankton yet. I guess i'll have to wait till they come out in the UK.

Squadala! We're off!

bluecat

@110percentful - Thanks for the great overview on Electroplankton! I think I'll get the Hanenbow or Beatness version first.

just another day...

Birdman

Probably the best 500 point games in Europe (in my opinion) are Reflect Missile and A Little Bit of Puzzle League. At least, in my opinion those are the best.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Gavintendo

I would say the best three 500 pointers are Reflect Missile/Trajectile, Starship Patrol and Art Style PiCOPiCT in that order.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0541-2536-1427

Percentful

@bluecat your welcome, and thank YOU for calling it great!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

BleachFan

thelawyer wrote:

Whats the best 500 points game?

PiCTOBiTS is a fantastic game, if you don't already have it. It holds my #2 spot in my most favorite downloads on DSi. (With #1 being MvDK)

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

SherlockHolmes

Ok thanks everyone for telling me. I might get reflect missile and an art style game.

Squadala! We're off!

rayword45

110percentful wrote:

@rayworld where can you get the game for cheap? At gamestop it can be up to 60 dollars, and it's no less on Ebay.
Anyways, I personally think that Pop+Solo is not as good as the electroplanktons, but it is a good game.
Here is my best way to spend 2000 points

Really? 60 dollars? When I bought Electroplankton it was 14.99
And personally, I believe that Pop Plus has more content and more value than 3 electroplanktons.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

ToastyYogurt

I just have a question: in Art Style: Precipice, do you controll the guy going up the tower or do you move the blocks for him and he climbs the tower by himself?

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Birdman

Destroyer360 wrote:

I just have a question: in Art Style: Precipice, do you controll the guy going up the tower or do you move the blocks for him and he climbs the tower by himself?

You move the blocks while controlling him. You move with the d-pad, climb when you want to move onto a higher platform automatically, and push blocks with the face buttons. You can only climb one block at a time.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

ToastyYogurt

Birdman13 wrote:

Destroyer360 wrote:

You move the blocks while controlling him. You move with the d-pad, climb when you want to move onto a higher platform automatically, and push blocks with the face buttons. You can only climb one block at a time.

Thanks! I might pick this up, but I guess I should read a few more reviews on it before I make a decision. Anyone like this game?

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

theblackdragon

I know there's a few people here who really love Precipice. I don't have it myself, though, not yet :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bankai

lockd wrote:

Does Guitar Rock Tour use the shoulder buttons? I'm interested in that game but my shoulder buttons are broken :|

The guitar parts don't.

That said, this is a terrible game and I do not recommend it. It has a small track list of midi music (literally) to play, and while the gameplay itself is functional, the game has Gameloft's usual corner cutting when it comes to presentation.

To put it another way - if you own, or have ever played a Guitar Hero or Rock Band game, there's absolutely no reason to jump back 20 years to playing music games with midi music.

Bankai

Destroyer360 wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

Destroyer360 wrote:

Thanks! I might pick this up, but I guess I should read a few more reviews on it before I make a decision. Anyone like this game?

I absolutely love it, and it's one of the few DSiWare games that I keep coming back to over and over and over again.

It's a very minimalistic game, simple (but very classy) visuals, basic controls, and basic gameplay - but it's also quite challenging to get high scores.

irken004

theblackdragon wrote:

I know there's a few people here who really love Precipice. I don't have it myself, though, not yet :3

It's good, imo, but Pictobits blows it out of the competition.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic