Forums

Topic: DSiWare.... Is Nintendo First Party Support Coming?

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

Raptor78

If I want DS demos I download them from the Nintendo Channel.. it would be intersting though if a DSiware game was capable of being run on a standard DS if they would release a DSiware demo using the Nintendo channel. This may also attract people without a DSi but have played a DSiware demo on a standard DS and liked it. Fair enough not all games that are on or going to be released on DSiware can be played by a standard DS either because of lack of Camera or just because it uses more of the DSi higher processor and memmory but I would say a good chunk of them so far could benefit from a Nintendo Channel demo download.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

JuneBelle

slapshot82 wrote:

@JuneBelle..... Yeah I do see your point and I had a Way different idea of what the service would be and really should have waited on buying it. I actually dont see why DS Demos aren't available on DSiWare as it would put the games out there for us to play without having to use the Wii as a hub for downloading. I actually think if the DSi DLC games had a demo availability i would just play mostly demos and not buy the games because honestly most of the games are just small demos of what is or could be a larger game and would prob hurt the sells more than help.

First of all, I hope you don't think that I am ragging on you. That is not my intention. I just came in here to chime in my agreement with Token Girl and to express my satisfaction with the service thus far. I'm just kind of sick of hearing people bash DSiWare when it's turning out to be exactly what I hoped it would..... I don't want Nintendo to go the way of the PSP and put everything or even the big games up for download. All the complaints people have about the PSP not being able to pop their game into a friend's console or sell the game to get money back for another game and the lack of competition to bring down some of the prices and not having a hard copy in case the company decides to take the game down to make room and the memory concerns and the download times concerns and all that would be on the DS. I like my hard copies of the big games and all that I can do with it. And I like being able to enjoy apps on my DS as well as smaller games that wouldn't be seen on the market if not for the low entrance overhead of the service. The DSi is the best of both worlds in my opinion; and I praise Nintendo for what it has done.

Now I'm just kind of stuck as to what games to download. There are so many that I want; but I only have limited money.

I did not know that the Wii offered download demos. (I have a Wii; but I usually play with my DSi because I don't have the time these days to sit down to a large game.) I'll have to check that out. Thanks you guys.

I don't think that demos would cause me to play the demo instead of buying it. If there was only one level of Pictobits or the ability to write in myNotebook but not save the notes (a la Pictochat) or a couple of levels of Mario vs. Donkey Kong or a video of Art Academy or whatever, just short little things that can't be saved. It would give me a personal taste for the game; but I don't think that would be enough to make me play only the demos, especially if it's dependent on WiFi or if it's a temporary bundle that disappears when you shut down the system such as some of those DS Download stations but especially since it's only one or two lower levels. That definitely wouldn't be enough.

Most of these games, especially the apps, are waaaaaay more than just a temporary little download. Only the calculators would have real issues with people not buying it; but that one might benefit from having just a video (which I can find elsewhere on the internet; but still...)

JuneBelle

Raptor78

JuneBelle wrote:

I did not know that the Wii offered download demos. (I have a Wii; but I usually play with my DSi because I don't have the time these days to sit down to a large game.) I'll have to check that out. Thanks you guys.

I cant say for US or Jatpan or anyone else who has the newer version of the Nintendo Channel, but here in the UK with the old version you can find the demos by first accessing the Nintendo channel, goto "To the Video List", then "Find Titles for You" and then select the "DS Download Service" at the bottom of the page.
The Demos only stay on your DS / DSi until you turn the device off so I think that Nintendo will stik with that kind of policy even though the DSi has internal storage because allthough its great to play free Demos its a pain in the ass having to download them all the time so at least they are giving you an incentive to go out and bu the game.

Here on the UK we have 11 demos at the moment (the change them every so often) including a new Mario and Sonic at the Olmpic Games demo and a demo of Combat of Giants-Dragons which if im not mistaken is coming to DSiware as well so that may be worth checking out.
Anyway I hope you enjoy checking out the Demos now you know about them.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

Slapshot

@JuneBelle..... Im not offended at all by your comment and im actually really glad you guy are happy with the service. I land in the big time gamer category and Im not a fan of puzzle game much at all so DSiWare to me is lacking. Its a personal preference. There are some great titles on there such as Pictobits, Mvs DK, Mighty Flip Champs and Dr. Mario (one puzzle game I do like). I do not agree with your statements on PSP. I think the Go is an unneccesary system but for the ones who like high tech its not bad. I do like the ability to buy Playstation One titles for my PSP (one of my fav things of PSP) wich DSi could have to counter with a Game Boy Virtual Console but is neglecting the service. I also like the ability to download UMD games as well because the Playstation system allows up to 5 PS3 and PSP system to be activated to one account so you dont loose all you games if your system fails like with Nintendos service. I find the Playstation service to Now be far more advanced and Nintendo is the number one company in the world at the moment and I find it unexcusable, like I said that is just my personal opinion. Shantae was a saving grace for me, Im just hopin my DSi R button doesnt fail because it seems a LOT of peoples are.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

JuneBelle

There's no DSiWare demos on there right now.... (unless you count the cartridge Brain Age series)

Ah well....I'm stumped as to what to download......

Im not offended at all by your comment and im actually really glad you guy are happy with the service. I land in the big time gamer category and Im not a fan of puzzle game much at all so DSiWare to me is lacking. Its a personal preference. There are some great titles on there such as Pictobits, Mvs DK, Mighty Flip Champs and Dr. Mario (one puzzle game I do like). I do not agree with your statements on PSP. I think the Go is an unneccesary system but for the ones who like high tech its not bad. I do like the ability to buy Playstation One titles for my PSP (one of my fav things of PSP) wich DSi could have to counter with a Game Boy Virtual Console but is neglecting the service. I also like the ability to download UMD games as well because the Playstation system allows up to 5 PS3 and PSP system to be activated to one account so you dont loose all you games if your system fails like with Nintendos service. I find the Playstation service to Now be far more advanced and Nintendo is the number one company in the world at the moment and I find it unexcusable, like I said that is just my personal opinion. Shantae was a saving grace for me, Im just hopin my DSi R button doesnt fail because it seems a LOT of peoples are.

I like both big and small games for different occasions. (And I like apps on my DSi because I like to cut down on things to carry. I use my DSi's Sound app to listen to music more than any other device. Unlike the idiotic iPod, it has nice speakers! Yay!!! Makes me wish for a radio on it......with AM and FM so that I can listen to my favorite talk shows and music stations. But, of course, a nice video player would be lovely! And I like using the DSi to capture my photos. My camera phone is terrible, anyway; and I only want to carry around a dedicated digital camera for special occasions. More organizer functions would be lovely. I downloaded the Animal Crossing Clock and Calculator because I love Animal Crossing; and I get some fair usage out of both, although, I do wish the Animal Crossing Clock was animated instead of frozen and the calculator had more Animal Crossing characters....)

I'm looking forward to trying out the Electroplankton when they come out. I also hope that Nintendo releases a music app that also has lessons because I would love to make my own music for my Flipnotes.

The nice thing about the DSi is that it caters to big time gamers and small time gamers. And I like each for different things.

I agree that the DSi could definitely use some VC. It can easily handle them; and they would be perfect for the system. But, I guess, Nintendo is focused on limiting that to the Wii..... But who knows? Maybe they will come out with GameBoy VC some day.

I don't know what the Playstation service is like as I haven't used it much. We have a PS3; but, like I said, I don't have time to sit down to console games at the moment. My brother also hogs the thing.

We are planning on getting a PSP sometime in the near future because we want Little Big Planet and the new Kingdom Hearts. But it would be our first PSP. So I'll see what it's like then. Most likely, we will get the PSP go. However, I can't say that I am totally enthused about not having hard copies....
Playstation had better have an easier method of transferring games to a new system. Unlike the DSi, if you can't transfer your games from the PSP, you lose all the big expensive ones, rather than just the small $2 - $10 ones.

I think Nintendo should fix that, though. I am thankful that it only applies to the small games; but I have a feeling that Nintendo will have a lot of incentive to rectify that. Otherwise, they won't be selling as many of the other colors that they come out with later on if people are reluctant to buy a new system if they can't transfer the games. So, given that monetary incentive, I have full confidence that Nintendo will fix that issue in the near future. LOL

JuneBelle

sakomda

Great post, JuneBelle. : )

I too hope Nintendo will fix this issue regarding limited game transfers to one device only. I actually thought it was illegal the way Nintendo is operating now, denying customers the right to use their own purchased DLC should they sell, lose or upgrade their handheld device (or if it gets stolen). This kind of greedy and unmoral policy is something I don't appreciate with Nintendo. They make good games though -- I love Dr. Mario (haven't tried other Nintendo Dsiware games yet) -- but they'd get a much better rap if they'd play nice and fair to their paying customers I believe.

sakomda

JuneBelle

dsusr wrote:

Great post, JuneBelle. : )

I too hope Nintendo will fix this issue regarding limited game transfers to one device only. I actually thought it was illegal the way Nintendo is operating now, denying customers the right to use their own purchased DLC should they sell, lose or upgrade their handheld device (or if it gets stolen). This kind of greedy and unmoral policy is something I don't appreciate with Nintendo. They make good games though -- I love Dr. Mario (haven't tried other Nintendo Dsiware games yet) -- but they'd get a much better rap if they'd play nice and fair to their paying customers I believe.

Thanks.

Yes, I agree; but I have full confidence that this will deter the usual people from buying a new DSi for its color; and that will get Nintendo motivated if nothing else. LOL

JuneBelle

Slapshot

I agree with both of yall. I do NOT like Nintendo and the way they run DLC. Sony when you buy a game it shows under Information tab on the game who the owner is. You can download the game on your friends PS3 when you over there and play it there all you want. If you need space on your PS3 or buy a new one. Well just download away when signed into PSN Store with your account name. Sony tracks everything you buy and download as well as all your Achievment Trophies. Sony is doin a great job with DLC. Nintendo could learn a thing or two. Reggie Fils-Aime little comment really ticked me off cause he needs to pick up a Go and see why us Sony owners are willing to downlaod away without ever loosing anything.

20thPaul

well, 36 out of the 50 items in the dsi shop are published by nintendo and only 14 are 3rd party..... So you shouldn't you be asking where is all of the 3rd party support?

I'm really excited about Shantae though!

I love rpgs and platformers the most... racing games are good too!
I have a black dsi and a blue 3DS. :D
"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."
3DS friend code: 3695 0029 5257

LzWinky

All the art style games are first party

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Slapshot

@20thPaul.... dude most of them aren't games they are minigames or nongames. So Im sorry but I dont consider all the Nintendo support on the system as games a full support. I see cheap cash ins.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.