Forums

Topic: DO NOT BUY Hero of Sparta

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

Eel

well, i enjoy guitar rock tour, the only other gameloft game i have bougth is magic island, but i didnt really liked it...

About this game, i cant really take anything with "Sparta" in the name seriously, so i knew this game would be bad.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

cheapogamer4life

Panda wrote:

I have Hero of Sparta on iPhone and it is terrible, so I agree with everything bad said about the game in this thread. Can't believe I paid full price for it too, such a ripoff.

hm..... for what ive seen(you tube vids) the game didnt look that bad, but you guys have played it so I guess i,'ll take you guys word that its not that good and can be completed in only a hour and a half. I really did want to take a chance with this one, but not for 800 nps. At least we'll (us USA'ns) know by round Monday or so just how this versions stands up to the others. Maybe (for Gamelofts sake) they saved the best version for last. Doubtful, but maybe......

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Leshclen

I was expecting this to be bad, but I had the smallest bit of hope it'd be at least decent.

Dah, this will work.

Oregano

This is strange, I'd seen iphone owners saying how great this game is and that it rivals God of War and stuff like but both the PSN version(which is a straight port) and the DSiware(Half-remake/half-port) are apparently both bad and now I've seen someone say the iphone version is...

Is there a lower standard expected for the iphone or something? or is this just ones of those games which isn't very good but is somehow popular?

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Mascotty

Can someone post a video of this game? If it's really THAT bad, I'd like to see it for myself.

Mascotty

ErrorSupply

I'm curious to hear an opinion from someone who has actually played the DSiWare version. For all we know, maybe it's better suited for this platform.

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

Bankai

Can someone post a video of this game? If it's really THAT bad, I'd like to see it for myself.

http://www.youtube.com search "Hero of Sparta"

Though videos aren't going to show you the experience of actually playing the game. You're not going to see button presses that are not recognised when trying to swing a weapon, for instance. You're not going to see how the levels litterally fly by, completely forgettable as the level design is boring and bland.

I'm curious to hear an opinion from someone who has actually played the DSiWare version. For all we know, maybe it's better suited for this platform.

I'll be downloading it today, but I wonder how you imagine it could be better suited for the DSiWare than the iPhone/ Playstation 3 or PSP. It's not like the game needs (or wants) touch screen controls or a camera.

Edited on by Bankai

Oregano

WaltzElf wrote:

I'll be downloading it today, but I wonder how you imagine it could be better suited for the DSiWare than the iPhone/ Playstation 3 or PSP. It's not like the game needs (or wants) touch screen controls or a camera.

Is it a straight port though? it could be an entirely different game with the name plastered on for all we know!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

JonWahlgren

Oregano wrote:

This is strange, I'd seen iphone owners saying how great this game is and that it rivals God of War and stuff like but both the PSN version(which is a straight port) and the DSiware(Half-remake/half-port) are apparently both bad and now I've seen someone say the iphone version is...

Is there a lower standard expected for the iphone or something? or is this just ones of those games which isn't very good but is somehow popular?

I saw good things written about the iPhone version when it came out and I figured I'd give it a shot. What I instead found myself with was an uninspired God of War knockoff ("rival" would be much too flattering) with boring levels, lame powers and crappy touch controls. It just felt like a huge waste of time.

Granted, the touch controls did a lot to sour my experience with the iPhone version, but having real buttons probably won't make me like the overall game any more.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

ErrorSupply

Well, I like the feedback of actual buttons, so there's what I could see myself preferring over the iphone version, and PSP has God of War and a few others in the genre that make HoS look like dog crap, but there are not many hack and slash DS titles I can think of, so it may fill a void for someone out there. I'm not even really interested in buying it anyways, I think the price hike is a pretty crappy move, and I'm not a huge fan of the genre. I'm just curious, and find it funny a reviewer is saying "DO NOT BUY" about a game he's never even played.

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

Bankai

ErrorSupply wrote:

Well, I like the feedback of actual buttons, so there's what I could see myself preferring over the iphone version, and PSP has God of War and a few others in the genre that make HoS look like dog crap, but there are not many hack and slash DS titles I can think of, so it may fill a void for someone out there. I'm not even really interested in buying it anyways, I think the price hike is a pretty crappy move, and I'm not a huge fan of the genre. I'm just curious, and find it funny a reviewer is saying "DO NOT BUY" about a game he's never even played.

Um, what? Multiplatform games are released all the time. Do you honestly think the people who reviewed Final Fantasy XIII played it on both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360?

I've played both the iPhone and PSN version.

PSP has God of War and a few others in the genre that make HoS look like dog crapp.

A bad game is a bad game. I'm not in the habit of forgiving a bad game because it's a one of its kind on any given console. Legends of Exidia was painful, despite being the only "RPG" on DSiWare.

Edited on by Bankai

theblackdragon

Your point has been made, WaltzElf. Whether people heed your warning or not is up to them now.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.