Forums

Topic: Clearing DSiWare Save Data

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

HolyMackerel

Just a question, if I delete my data (usualy A+B+X+Y+L+R at game boot-up), if I have a previous copy of the game in my SD card, does my save data stay in that version? In other words, can I copy the older version on my SD card back to my DSi and get my old save data back?

I might do this because I want to let my brother try some of the early parts of the games, and a lot of DSiWare games don't have multiple save files.

HolyMackerel

theblackdragon

yes, you can re-copy older versions saved to the SD card back into system memory, and your info will remain intact. i have to delete games out of system memory all the time, and except for a couple that tell you off the bat when you try to copy them to SD that not all information will transfer (Robot Rescue and Littlest Pet Shop were the ones, i believe), i haven't lost any saved information yet, lol. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

Ah great, thanks TBD! That's really handy to know.

HolyMackerel

theblackdragon

just remember to tell your bro not to copy his savefile-containing-game to the SD card and replace your backed up games, lol. or, better yet, use different SD cards

BEST THREAD EVER

Bassman_Q

Before you delete it, though, make sure you've copied the most up-to-date info from your DSi to the SD card. Cuz if you copy save data as soon as you buy the game to the SD card, play the game, and don't re-copy it, you'll end up with the save data that you copied as soon as you bought the game. If that made any sense.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

theblackdragon

considering he was asking if the save data stays intact in the version already saved to SD, i think he understands that part already, Quikman :3

BEST THREAD EVER

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.