Forums

Topic: Cave Story DSiWare, aka the best thing to happen to the DSi

Posts 141 to 160 of 222

Kid_A

Natie31 wrote:

Still cant get the rope in the water, is it a way of doin so?

Are you talking about the tow line that you try to get before the fight with the Core?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Natie31

Kid_A wrote:

Natie31 wrote:

Are you talking about the tow line that you try to get before the fight with the Core?

Yes! Found in the Core battle area. It's found in the lower right area of the room behind a square rock, and can only be picked up when not in combat and before you run out of air. But i try to do so and nottin happen. My question is how low (number) does it have to be? Is im at the right place? Or i just have to keep tryin?

Nintendo Network ID - Natie31
FC: 4124-5005-3092

jdarrell

The rope doesn't appear if you have the boost jump (booster v.08).

Talking to Curly in the middle starts the boss fight. I found it very easy to go to the bottom right and pick up the tow rope before talking to Curly and starting the boss fight. It's very easy to see white sparkles that you pick up by pressing down, like all other event items.

The steps to get the final ending are much easier to mess up than the walkthroughs and posts i read indicate...

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

Spoony_Tech

OK so I beat the game last night then watched the credits roll. After that is the game supposed to go back to the title screen or what. I feel like I did something wrong! It just stayed on the game over screen. How do I know what ending I got. This is confusing! o_O

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GeminiSaint

Natie31 wrote:

1) Make sure you DIDN'T pick up the Booster v0.8
2) Go for the Tow Rope BEFORE starting the boss fight (that is, ignore Curly and go straight for the rope as soon as you enter the boss chamber)

GeminiSaint

Kid_A

Tech101 wrote:

OK so I beat the game last night then watched the credits roll. After that is the game supposed to go back to the title screen or what. I feel like I did something wrong! It just stayed on the game over screen. How do I know what ending I got. This is confusing! o_O

Yeah when you beat the game it just stays on that single "You beat the game!" screen. This isn't abnormal--most old NES and SNES games did this (and even Ocarina of Time and Mario 64) so don't think you did anything wrong. You're also not going to be told, "Congratulations! You got the good ending!"
That would be a little silly--you're kind of the judge of whether or not the ending is "good" or "bad."

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Natie31

[quote=geminisaint] Ok-(Thank You!

Nintendo Network ID - Natie31
FC: 4124-5005-3092

jdarrell

@tech101 Sounds like you have the middle ending. The first one you fly away on the dragon with Kazuma. The final one you go down into a hidden level.

jdarrell

Spoony_Tech

jdarrell wrote:

@tech101 Sounds like you have the middle ending. The first one you fly away on the dragon with Kazuma. The final one you go down into a hidden level.

Yeah I skipped the dragon ride. Went straight to the top and after a while got to fight the doctor. Is that the best ending or is there a better one. I know there was a few things I didn't do. Like the two tiny people. Had know clue what to do with them. The sculptor was another. He wouldn't talk to me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Odnetnin

@Tech SPOILERS
That's the normal ending you got. Best ending involves a place called the Sanctuary. The two tiny people are just for an optional weapon and the sculptor never talks to you, but without giving too much away that statue chamber shows up again for the good ending.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

I just beat Cave Story!.........on the PC......

Now I want it on my DSi but,
I was Wondering, Will Be missing anything Big on The Wii Cave Story, or there pretty much The same Game.

I ask this because, I hear The DS and The Wii Cave Story has more Story to the game, and more boss fights, then The PC.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Odnetnin

@JumpMad Wii version has Boss Rush (imo frilly and not very fun because bosses are no longer organically place within the game's environments), Curly Story (imo this mode actually hurts the game because all Curly does, swapping places with Quote in the game, is interject pointless dialog into conversations that really drags them out and makes you dislike her), better graphics (they're pretty, but trust me, you won't care about the difference), and remixed music (as a whole not as good as the original stuff but a nice touch).

Both Wii and DSi versions have Sanctuary Time Attack, which is actually handy in that it lets you tackle the game's final area without, y'know, going through the entire game. All of these extras (aside from graphics and music) are locked until you meet certain conditions, though. Oh, and, Cave Story on DSiWare has an awesome Jukebox.

So yes, imo, DSi is the pure, unbridled joy of Cave Story in your pocket. You can't go wrong either way, but for my money this 200-point cheaper edition is how the game was destined to be played.

In other news, I just got the normal ending again (while still wearing my Mimiga mask, lol), and was reminded of why I love Cave Story so much in the first place.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

@Odnetnin
Thank you!
You gave me an Awesome Mini-review of two games
Now that I have no more Worries about getting this game now.

Cave Story is The only game that made me come back to DSiware!, since I was going to stop buying untill I get my 3DS.
It just that good!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Turnip

"cave story, the best thing that ever happened to DSiware"? i don't think so....what about flipnote studio?!

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

LordJumpMad

Werble wrote:

"cave story, the best thing that ever happened to DSiware"? i don't think so....what about flipnote studio?!

come back to me, when flipnote is not full of Spin-offs and Bad teen music videos...

bboy2970

Please, someone help me. I got this game when it came out but ended up walking away about a week ago not so far into the game. I really wanna get through it to see what the big deal is about it but I can't get past this part: Where the hell is the charcoal to make the bomb??

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

KarrotMan

In the first part of the stage, there is a house of the guy who you helped finding his key. Inside there is a fireplace and from there, you spray the jelly juice on it.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

bboy2970

Thanks for the help! Maybe now I can actually get the ball rolling on this game!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

NintenDude97

NintenDude97 wrote:

Corbie wrote:

I was in the credits of the WiiWare version the day it was released. Someone caught it and made a big deal about it on the forums. I just now found out my name was in this one. Maybe it was because I suggested the game be put on DSiWare.

All hail Corbie for the suggestion for the port to DSiWare! Wow! I guess I owe a lot to you. Thx 4 suggesting it 2 Nicalis! BTW I just beat Hell (after trying 8 times ). The time attack mode is kinda pointless, like MysteriousVoice said, but hey, with the story, time attack, and jukebox modes, it's okay for 10 bucks!
P.S. Does anyone know how to unlock the last three songs in the Jukebox? Quote me if you do.

My bro beat the first (and worst ending) and it rewarded him with one of the three songs. But still, he hasn't beaten the Sanctuary yet, so I'm assuming when you beat all three endings it will give you the three final songs.

P.S.: If any one is doubting that Corbie is in the credits, check this vid (uploaded by me).
Skip to 14:28 and one line up (from the bottom of the "special thanks" section) is his name.
[youtube:eHgl8ez7A3Q]

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.