Forums

Topic: Cave Story DSiWare, aka the best thing to happen to the DSi

Posts 101 to 120 of 222

NintenDude97

Kid_A wrote:

The game does NOT have the updated graphics and sound that the WiiWare version has. It's cheaper and portable, though, which seems fair to me.

Somebody asked how the game stacks up against Shantae; Cave Story is unquestionably a better game, and is considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time. Shantae is a great game, but in my opinion, Cave Story reaches Ocarina of Time levels of quality. You simply can't buy a better game for $10 (except OoT of course )

Wow! Shantae got a 10/10, so if this one is better..... Is there anything better than a 10/10?? O.o
Anyway, Corbie is in the credits!! I just finished the game and saw his name in the "Very Special Thanks" section! What did he do to get in there? They must have liked his review of the WiiWare version.

Edited on by NintenDude97

Kid_A

NintenDude97 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The game does NOT have the updated graphics and sound that the WiiWare version has. It's cheaper and portable, though, which seems fair to me.

Somebody asked how the game stacks up against Shantae; Cave Story is unquestionably a better game, and is considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time. Shantae is a great game, but in my opinion, Cave Story reaches Ocarina of Time levels of quality. You simply can't buy a better game for $10 (except OoT of course )

Wow! Shantae got a 10/10, so if this one is better..... Is there anything better than a 10/10?? O.o
Anyway, Corbie is in the credits!! I just finished the game and saw his name in the "Very Special Thanks" section! What did he do to get in there? They must have liked his review of the WiiWare version.

Yeah, and if you'll recall we did a contest here (that Corbie probably spearheaded) where we gave away Wii Remotes with drawings from Pixel on them. That's pretty awesome Corb! If I was to have my name immortalized in one game it would probably be Cave Story

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

RoyalBlur

NintenDude97 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

I'm sorry guys but I've gotta disagree with all that's been said here. Seriously, in my opinion Shantae: Risky's Revenge is FAR better than any platformer on the DSiWare Shop and that's that. Shantae is indeed a Perfect 10/10. As for Twilight Princess, that game can't compare to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time! Oh, and yes, Cave Story is a great game from what I've seen as I haven't been able to go to GameStop to get a Nintendo Card yet.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Philip_J_Reed

NintenDude97 wrote:

Actually he got a special thanks credit in the WiiWare version, too...before he wrote his review! So it had to be something other than that. Only the man himself can shed light on what he did, however.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

MysteriousVoice

Ugh, I screwed up. I know all about the different endings and things to do to get them, and

SPOILERS

I saved Curly from the waterway, but forgot her in the abandoned house, where you pump the water out of her, but then I forgot to take her with me. I left her lying in the bed there, and now the waterway door is locked. I HATE how precise these events are, and how you can only have one save per game. Its really unforgiving. I am not at the plantation, with no way to fix this. I give up.

END SPOILERS

Edited on by theblackdragon

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

Odnetnin

That happened to Adam a while back. Personally I would only ever attempt the best ending with a guide handy; you're right about the game being very unforgiving. Please don't tell me this is your first time through Cave Story, though, because nobody gets the best ending on their first try.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Corbs

I was in the credits of the WiiWare version the day it was released. Someone caught it and made a big deal about it on the forums. I just now found out my name was in this one. Maybe it was because I suggested the game be put on DSiWare.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

MysteriousVoice

@ Odetnin #109

SPOILERS

I already bought it on Wiiware when it came out, and went through the game, got the normal ending where the island collapses. I then months later bought the PC version, and went for the best ending, but messed up. Also, the tow rope never showed up in the wiiware version. Maybe it was a glitch, but nothing was there, I check a million times. And of course, I just messed up. I guess Il start over...
On another note, I just downloaded all of the cave story music to my Dsi.

END SPOILERS

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

Kid_A

Dammit MysteriousVoice! I haven't gotten the normal ending yet, put a spoiler tag next time
taken care of, mang -- TBD

Bassman_Q

So... can anyone say if it's worth it if I have the WiiWare version? Probably not huh?

And as far as the discussion of Shantae vs. Cave Story goes, I'd have to go with Cave Story. Both are excellent, excellent games, but CS has a more intriguing plotline and gameplay that just feels more fresh. Shantae does have better sprite graphics and is a little less linear, but aside from that I feel that Cave Story is just the better choice. But again, both are amazing games.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

1upsuper

Well, the Wii version does have Boss Rush mode, and we're still unclear about whether or not Curly mode lurks within the DSiWare version, though I've heard from a few places that it's just well hidden.

Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper

sonic_brawler95

I need this game. D:

....At least I still got the Wiiware version.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Joejo

is cave story that good,frm what im seeing it looks like a good game and to say it the best thing that ever happened to the dsi.wow it must be really good mayb i should check it out

http://www.facebook.com/joejoo1

blink83

Odnetnin wrote:

It's way better than OoT quality, imo, considering I hate that game.

Boo you.

I've noticed all you seem to like is downloadable games.... D=

BUY SOMETHIN WILL YA!

blink83

Should I'll get the wiiware or this version which is better?

BUY SOMETHIN WILL YA!

Kid_A

blink83 wrote:

Should I'll get the wiiware or this version which is better?

I don't think any version is better really. It just depends on whether your more of a console gamer or a portable guy.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.