Forums

Topic: Art of Ink impressions

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

theblackdragon

so i had to download this... seems like it's pretty much a Guitar Hero-style tattooing sim. i'm only one tattoo into my 'apprenticeship' so far, and there are definitely differences between this and real life, but it looks like they had to take artistic liberty in order to make a playable game out of it... sweeping floors, scrubbing tubes, and being a gofer in general for your first six months before you even get to set up a station (much less tattoo someone) wouldn't be much fun as a game, i don't think, lol.

seems Sabarasa had some contacts in the know who were willing to work with them and get some parts of it right — the wishy-washy clients, for example (it's sad because people really do come into shops completely unprepared like that, haha). I do like how they've condensed down the tattooing experience, and i'm wondering if there'll be any shading/color action later on (as opposed to the straight-up linework you start out with). i'm also wondering if i'll ever have to deal with a health inspector, break down a station, or see any real particulars of actual tattooing. idk if it's quite worth the 800 points yet, but it seems interesting for now, lol.
and now i have to head in to my actual apprenticeship, haha — tube scrubbing ftl

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

slidecage

wonder how long this game is.... after reading the one persons review on the fence ....

Do you have to hold down the L button to draw 100% Of the time.... seem that could wear out your button pretty fast

slidecage

longtimegamer

Why could we have had this on Wiiware? Dang all these intesting sounding game that I cant play because I'm DSI Challenged.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

theblackdragon

@slidecage: that part is pretty much like tattooing IRL — most setups you have to press a switch with your foot. You hold down L or R to actually 'tattoo' the skin, and then while you're not holding down L or R, stroking your stylus across the screen will 'wipe' the skin, removing 'excess ink' and showing you what parts of the stencil still need to be tattooed. sucks to be anyone with broken L/R buttons on this one D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

slidecage

thanks for letting me know ... love to hear more input from others who have this (like length of game) some of those screen shots show like 19:07
does that mean that one design took them 19 mins to do ..... i could see some people could find drawing something for almost 30 mins sort of boring as well

still tempted to get it...i guess holding downing isnt any worse then hitting A 1 million times to kill monsters on some games

still thinking about running up and getting it sunday (dont have wi fi at home so i need to go to a hotspot to download all my games)

too bad nintendo stop supporting the Wi fi pc add on usb thingie

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

jdarrell

There's enough adjustable settings (difficulty, size of tattoo) and replay value, I don't think time would be a problem.

jdarrell

slidecage

got it today.... i really couldnt even think about playing this on the normal size Ds... image is even sort of small to see on the DSI XL

so far i did 2 people.... (ran out of time) im sure its something that will grow on me ..

slidecage

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.