DSiWare Forum

Topic: Any "serious" users of Art Academy and Flipnote Studio on here?

Showing 161 to 180 of 457

AuthorMessage

Victoria

161. Posted:

Yeah, great job Scarecrow. The really cool thing is how well the details show up when put up on the screen. When you think how tiny the DSi's screen is, those details you painted show up remarkably well.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

162. Posted:

Here is a pencil sketch of one of my dogs. I find pencil much easier to use because finding the correct shades of colour is quite difficult. This picture didn't come out too well and I have managed to improve since I did this, which goes to show that Art Academey is a superb application.

Untitled

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

Victoria

163. Posted:

Awwwww... He (she) is so cute! Like a little Ewok :) Did you do that from a photograph, or just sketch from scratch?

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

164. Posted:

She (Lace) is 10 years old and I took a picture especially for this sketch. I don't think I would be very good drawing her from scratch, maybe later after some more practice. I have other pets so perhaps more to follow.

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

165. Posted:

yay yet another monster:
sketch|colored
no, i have no idea of how this went from siren to mermaid.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Victoria

166. Posted:

Abgar - You did a good job on that one. This time I like you coloured one better. You especially did a good job on the highlights and shadows of her tail. Is that really a 'monster' ? Is she from a game?

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

167. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

Abgar - You did a good job on that one. This time I like you coloured one better. You especially did a good job on the highlights and shadows of her tail. Is that really a 'monster' ? Is she from a game?

thanks you verrrry much :D it is a monster in escence, but no, it isnt from any particular game, shes just a mermaid, mermaids are kind of like monsters arent they?
its funny because i started painting it backwards, you know, first the mermaid, then the background, i dont belive Leo would like to hear that.

on a side note, that dog is very cute :3

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Victoria

168. Posted:

abgar wrote:

its funny because i started painting it backwards, you know, first the mermaid, then the background, i dont belive Leo would like to hear that.

I don't think the order you do something matters. Look at your two drawings. The pencil sketch has a totally different background from your coloured sketch. It really doesn't matter that you didn't do the background first, because as your drawing develops you might totally change your mind with how you're going to finish it. Didn't you even say that she started off as a siren, then turned into a mermaid? Your drawing grew and changed as you created it. I don't think there has to be any rule that says 'do this first, do that second'. Just let your imagination take you where it wants to go.

AuthorMessage

Percentful

169. Posted:

I'm downloading it right now, so hopefully I will be able to make nice pictures soon! :)
EDIT: Untitled
Untitled
What do you think?

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

170. Posted:

Thats one nice tree! I do recomend you to do the other lessons before attempting to do a free draw, though, it worked for me :D

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Percentful

171. Posted:

Actually, I just did the cherry to figure out how to mix paints. I just finished the last lesson, and I think I'll post some more of my paintings.
Untitled
Scarecrow was right- it really DOES look different on a big screen.
Untitled
I think I'm going to try making another pear. My first turned out horrible.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

172. Posted:

My dog turned out horrible... I guess I'm used to drawing on actual paper and not a tiny screen. :p

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

173. Posted:

@110percentful You are getting along very well there, keep up the lessons they get tough. The boat scene was very difficult.

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

Percentful

174. Posted:

Ughh.... I HATE mini lessons. [well, actually I just hated the mini lesson for the lime.] I will try the boat scene, but don't expect too much :P

Just let it happen.

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

175. Posted:

Here is the pencil sketch of Lace, done in paint.

Untitled

Mmmmm??

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

176. Posted:

Lace again, she doesn't look so spooky really.

Untitled

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

NintenFreak

177. Posted:

how do i post pictures?

Nintenfreak

AuthorMessage

Dicesukeinuzuka

178. Posted:

Scarecrow wrote:

Lace again, she doesn't look so spooky really.

Untitled

This looks just like the dog we got last weekend! He's a Shih Tzu.

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage

Supermegaman

179. Posted:

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Although this has become a mostly art academy thread, I will repost my best flipnote for you all
Wow! Art academy really works huh? Maybe Ill get it at some point...

Now Playing
16-bit Loggery

AuthorMessage

Blue_Cat

180. Posted:

Well, I have art academy. I haven't used it much after finishing the lessons, but I just finished a sketch of my cat. So that inspired me to, finally, upload my paintings/drawings and show them to the world/nintendolife.

I didn't feel that my apple or sunset were good enough to save (I did them in the car, they were embarrassing). So here's my tree.
Untitled
After the tree, I felt like trying to make something in free mode, and the first generic thing that came to mind was a sailboat.
Untitled

I think the next three (the Pear, Lime and Wave) came out pretty nice. The pear is the only one of my pictures with an initial, because I didn't remember to add one for the others :P.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And finally the Sketch of my Cat I just did, along with the real picture for comparison.

Untitled
Untitled

Can you tell which one is which? :P

@Scarecrow, You were the inspiration for my cat drawing. Lace looks really nice :)

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209