DSiWare Forum

Topic: Any "serious" users of Art Academy and Flipnote Studio on here?

Showing 101 to 120 of 457

AuthorMessage

Supermegaman

101. Posted:

Been fiddlin around with flipnote studio alot latly, and i finally posted one! It's alright i guess, Im no artist :)
ttp://flipnote.hatena.com/5922B03031CDD5C8@DSi/movie/CDD5C8_095D7C7D0E8C0_007?in=user
now im gonna try and post it here... it may not work....
[5922B03031CDD5C8]
EDIT: No it did not.... and im not sure how to hyperlink it either... oh well

Edited on by Supermegaman

Now Playing
16-bit Loggery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

102. Posted:

@supermegaman - Put "flipnote:" before the hatena notation. Without the quotations obviously.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Buster13

103. Posted:

Supermegaman wrote:

Been fiddlin around with flipnote studio alot latly, and i finally posted one! It's alright i guess, Im no artist :)
ttp://flipnote.hatena.com/5922B03031CDD5C8@DSi/movie/CDD5C8_095D7C7D0E8C0_007?in=user
now im gonna try and post it here... it may not work....
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
EDIT: No it did not.... and im not sure how to hyperlink it either... oh well

It should appear in the quote above now.

Anyway, I consider myself decent at both Flipnote and Art Acadamy, although I find myself lacking in the imagination department.

Here's an example of some of my Art Acadamy Pictures I made in my spare time: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m169/darkbuster13/BowserPa...
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m169/darkbuster13/SonicProcessFinal.png

Edited on by Buster13

Flipnote Code: Right, Down, A, Up,B, Right, Left, X

AuthorMessage

bluecat

104. Posted:

Wow, a lot of these pics are really good guys! You've inspired me to buy Art Academy when my DSi arrives in the mail Monday. :D

Is there a great difference between first semester or second?

just another day...

AuthorMessage

Victoria

105. Posted:

I've not had time for much this week so I've been playing around with paints and experimenting the different brushes. These are a few of my practices paintings. The first one is a folly called "Old John" in Bradgate Park, Leicestershire.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/Artlessons2...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/Artlessons2Jan09001.jpg

Edited on by Victoria

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Taya

106. Posted:

bluecat wrote:

Wow, a lot of these pics are really good guys! You've inspired me to buy Art Academy when my DSi arrives in the mail Monday. :D

Is there a great difference between first semester or second?

There's no difference in the paint mode between the two.

Semester 1 has two tutorials and four lessons (and three mini lessons).
Semester 2 has only four lessons (and four mini lessons I think) and it assumes you already know the basics.

If you're only going to get one, definitely get the first semester as it will walk you through how to use the program and teach you a few things about how to sketch and paint.

Taya

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

107. Posted:

I drew an "outline" of my dog, and I'm going to paint it at a later date.
Here is a quick sketch of my cat.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

bluecat

108. Posted:

@Taya - That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure the paint mode was the same. Thanks!

just another day...

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

109. Posted:

http://flipnote.hatena.com/559E015031C9D639@DSi/

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter: Melvin2898

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

110. Posted:

{http://flipnote.hatena.com/559E015031C9D639@DSi/movie/C9D639_09281B50A0E5A_000?in=user}

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

111. Posted:

I'm afraid to buy Art Academy.You guys can make some amazing work.I'm afraid I'll buy it and won't be able to draw.Could any of you draw good before buying this?

AuthorMessage

Taya

112. Posted:

I could draw a little but this program is a good teacher. At the very least, you'll be able to produce the pictures in the lessons really well. The computer walks you through each step.

Taya

AuthorMessage

brandonbwii

113. Posted:

Still in the beginning stages of Art Academy. It is a very, very good tool considering how new I am to art. Also when I'm on the road I tend to write stories using my notebook. I also just uploaded a new Flipnote animation. :)

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage

Funky_Gamer

114. Posted:

I love Flipnote. My filpnote was featured in last weeks topic.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

115. Posted:

If i had a DSi.... :(

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Victoria

116. Posted:

melvin2898 wrote:

I'm afraid to buy Art Academy.You guys can make some amazing work.I'm afraid I'll buy it and won't be able to draw.Could any of you draw good before buying this?

I wouldn't say I was good at drawing before this. One thing that makes it easier is having a grid on the photo to help aid in your drawings. I think it's taught me a lot and I bet you would be impressed with what you could accomplish as well.

Did you guys get the 2nd Semester application? I did. One thing nice about having 2 copies of Art Academy is you'll have 2 places to have saved works in case you want to come back and work on them later.

Here's my version of the the lily from the first lesson. It could probably use a bit of work. I kept getting interrupted with home-life while doing it (much to my annoyance!).
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/Lily10-1-10...

AuthorMessage

bluecat

117. Posted:

That lily is very good Victoria! I'm super excited about Art Academy. My DSi is 'out for delivery' right now according to the UPS tracker, so hopefully I'll be playing it soon. :D

just another day...

AuthorMessage

FATEM

118. Posted:

I have had the points to buy Art Academy for weeks but due to my internet provider's and my local post offices' imcompetence I have not been able to use any internet and connect to the DSi Shop. Right now I'm using a pre-paid modem and plotting what my foirst Art Academy picture will be. I'm thinking a vilent tableux of what I would like to do to the idiot who lost my package.

No-one can hear Bohemian Rhapsody without singing along.
DSiWare Friend Codes:
MvsDK:MMA-524212537307 UNO!-3953-7295-2611
Suujin Taisen Number Battles-034586240750 Dragon Quest Wars-0732-4886-6231
Bomberman:Blitz-163443150466

AuthorMessage

Victoria

119. Posted:

Here's my pink lily
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/Pinklily.jpg

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

120. Posted:

melvin2898 wrote:

I had no artistic background whatsoever (well, not visually anyway) and was genuinely surprised at how nice my pieces were turning out. Lots of room for improvement, of course, but it's an excellent tool for getting you over that initial hump of discouragement.

I definitely recommend picking up First Semester. Second Semester has some new lessons, and they're every bit as good as the ones in First Semester, but it still seems slightly greedy to me to release the same drawing program twice.

So First Semester: probably the best DSiWare download right now. Second Semester: use your own discretion.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat