Forums

Topic: Your opinion on New Super Mario Bros. DS

Posts 21 to 40 of 40

theblackdragon

@Ricardo: I miss the leaf and feather powerups, myself. I hope the propeller-hat thingies don't turn out to suck like the other 'new' powerups did. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

mastersworddude

theblackdragon wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

I hated the blue shell.

It's a good thing you've got a husband, because I'd never be able to marry you.

ironically, i hate the blue shell in NSMB, but I love it in MKDS (because i love avoiding it and watching it hit the jerk[s] who had previously been behind me). Adam would never be able to marry me, either. :3

What? Blue shell was the best part!

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

StarBoy91

I think it's a good game. Not exactly the best DS title, but it's a Mario game worth playing. There are tons of secrets to explore, and minigames to play. Not to mention, 3D sprites on a 2D game work in this game. Also, the gameplay is awesome. Definitely good. I just sounded redudant, haven't I? Still, I like it.

To each their own

theblackdragon

mastersworddude wrote:

What? Blue shell was the best part!

I didn't like it, and there was never a level in NSMB where I needed to use it, so I avoided it entirely. Sorry to disappoint. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Adam

Maybe I don't want to marry you!

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SonicMaster

VERY overrated it deserved the 7 it used to have from this site.

SonicMaster

odd69

What? It was the best . I didn't like that it was on ds but you people fell on your heads

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Twilight_Crow

It makes me sad, but the truth is that I found it a bit boring ; didn't like the level design nor the power ups, and the fact that was so easy didn't help either, is stil a decent game though.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Funky_Gamer

It was way to easy, but very addicting. I think I might have gotten more time out of the mini games in it. Levels were to similar to the original mario bros, and power ups were pretty origanal... It was a fun game though.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

warioswoods

Ricardo91 wrote:

I merely thought NSMB was OK. Not nearly as good as any other Mario game. The 2.5D style was nice, but the whole game felt kinda hollow. It never really brought anything new to the table, but rather just recycled elements from the other games. It was a bit on the easy side, and a lot of the new power-ups were pretty useless.

This man speaks the truth (emphases mine). I'll add that it had a few great levels, but the rest were unmemorable, uninspired filler that I wouldn't usually expect from the series.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

CanisWolfred

It's pretty good, I guess. The controls still feel awkward, but so do all the 2D Marios, IMO. I guess it was pretty easy, since I got to world 4 without much trouble, which is more than I can say for any Mario game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Funky_Gamer

You can't really not like it.

It may be to easy, but the minigames are addicting.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Metang

NSMB was the best. It played even better than SMB. While it's definitely too easy, it's a very fun classic platformer. I give it at least a 9/10. As a plus, the minigames are quite addictive.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

Adam

That's a stretch. Maybe two to five gold coins were difficult, none insanely difficult, in my experience. If you want insanely difficult, I can point you to some games that will make you reconsider that judgment.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

NSMB DS.... I beat it and found EVERY coin and can't really recall any One Single Level. The levels lack the charm of the 2D Mario games of the past. I agree with Adam the Blue Shell is the only cool new power-up but where is the Leaf, Frog, Boot power-ups that made 3 so unique. The difficulty is nearly non-existent wich just really was another downfall as well as the fact the the map is very limited in its hidden areas like in Mario World. NSMB could have so much better.

NSMB MiniGame are fantastic. Me and my wife both have DSs just for NSMB Minigames so we can play multiplayer. The minigames are the highlight of the cartrige. Im a hardcore 2D fanatic and to go running to Gamestop literally adrenaline pumped to play NSMB on my brand new DS I bought just for the game and then get home and the game is just so easy it was a big letdown. Thankfully the minigames really helped out big time.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

geek-master

new super mario bro wii will be BOSS :3

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.