DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Your first DS game

Showing 201 to 220 of 319

AuthorMessage

Singularity

201. Posted:

Untitled

I got that back in 2005 with my first DS. I haven't played it in years and don't know where it is, but maybe it's best I don't - it's a bad port by all accounts, even though seven years ago as a kid I enjoyed it. But my standards were a lot lower then and I was a lot more willing to persevere with irritating controls or mechanics. It was a nice introduction to the DS, though. I think my second game was SM64. Then I got a few more games, lost the DS for years and didn't start playing again until 2010.

Singularity

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

202. Posted:

I remember it like yesterday. As I opened my DSi XL box, my heart started beating more quickly. As I opened the box, a beautiful scent - the scent of roses floating on a cool, crisp breeze - wafted out, and I breathed it in deeply. Slowly, but steadily, I peeled back the plastic of the instruction manuals. I breathed in the sweet scent of new books as I slowly, carefully, leafed through the pages. This was great, but it was only a hint of what was to come. Deeper in the box lay the console itself. Softly enveloped in its foam envelope was the gorgeous system, quietly awaiting my sole attention.

My breathing became heavier and more ragged as I picked up the console. It felt perfect in my hands. I could swear I heard it sigh as my fingers gently, but confidently, explored its gentle curves. With an emphatic click, the top screen locked in place as I opened the console up. The smooth, shiny power button seemed to call to me. As I pressed it, trying to stop my hands from shaking with excitement, the DSi XL sprang to life under my touch. Never was a sweeter sound heard than the siren song of the start up tune.

While the menu entranced me with its perfectly-sized icons and beautiful fonts, giving me a glimpse of future pleasures, right now I could only think about more immediate gratification. As I picked up the Pokemon White cartridge, searching for the Slot-1, I could only think of how lucky I was. This console was giving itself over to me, and this moment was only between us. I inserted the cartridge into the slot, being firm but careful not to cause my console any damage. I felt only a little resistance, but with a soft, satisfying click I could feel the game was in place.

Sure enough, my endeavours produced a visible response. A Pokemon White symbol appeared on the main menu, begging me to select it. I took a deep breath, then another, before crumbling under the anticipation. I pressed the A button, which softly gave way under me, and the screens darkened. Fearing I had gone too far too quickly, my breath caught in my throat. Fortunately my DSi XL had decided only to tease me - suddenly music and images appeared, beautiful in their boldness. Now, I felt, my first experience with my DSi XL had truly begun.

I played it for seconds, minutes, hours. Eventually I lost all track of time and gave myself over to the game. I saw or heard nothing around me - just the beautiful sounds of music ringing in my ears, and those two big, bright, radiant screens filling my vision. The DSi XL and I were one - we were one unit, the boundaries between us melting under my caress.

Finally, after untold magical hours, I could not go on. Satisfied - at least for the moment - I gently lay the DSi XL down beside me, took in a deep breath, and smiled. I was spent, but only temporarily - I could not wait for our next wondrous, enchanting nighttime liaison.

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

203. Posted:

I didn't own a DS, as the 3DS is my first portable but Pokemon Pearl would technically be my first!

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

204. Posted:

The Super Mario 64 remake. And a game called Asphalt, which was pretty cool.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

firearrow505

205. Posted:

Super Mario 64 DS

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

AuthorMessage

SarcasticWisdom

206. Posted:

Animal Crossing: Wild World<3

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

AuthorMessage

Chuie

207. Posted:

SM64 and pokemon dash and sonic rush i got all them on the same day plus a blue ds

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Action4jackson

208. Posted:

1st Spider man friend or foe 2nd sm64 3rd phantom hourglass 4th pokemon diamond 5th Mario party DS

mostly play pokemon and animal crossing fc: 2148-8408-0661

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661

AuthorMessage

JoeysGirl

209. Posted:

My first was Animal Crossing Wild World (I bought the system just to get that game when it came out!!). I also got 2 other games that day: Lunar (sold immediately - and before opening, due to very bad reviews), and Boggle/Battleship/Yahtzee/Monopoly, which is VERY rare now.

Profanity is the product of an unsophisticated mind.

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

210. Posted:

Animal Crossing: Wild World, or Nintendgs- I'm not sure. It was the first post-GBA game I played and before I even had a DS :3

Edited on by Drawdler

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

211. Posted:

42 All Time Classics (Or as you American folk call it, Clubhouse Games)

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

BlueToad

212. Posted:

My first game- Drawn to life
<3 good and bad memories from that :D

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter: kartrashians_

AuthorMessage

TheNintendOtaku

213. Posted:

Just swinging by to give WarioWare: Touched! some love.

TheNintendOtaku

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

214. Posted:

My first DS game was Pokemon Diamond.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

215. Posted:

MarioTheLegend wrote:

My first game- Drawn to life
<3 good and bad memories from that :D

Yeah, it's pretty underrated. Don't get all the hate to it. :)

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Mahra

216. Posted:

Mine was Mario 64 & wario Ware :D Love those Games !!

Mahra

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2279-3969 | Nintendo Network ID: Crazyforart | Twitter: awkwardboo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

217. Posted:

I jumped on board the DS mega Train with New Supe Mario Bros which I picked up with a White DS Lite itself around it's launch period back in college. Now, i never got a hold of the original DS, so the ultra bright screens and the rich vibrant colors that leaped off the screen of the DS Lite instantly blew me away, the same can be said for the revolutionary touch screen controls. :D I was used to the original GBA, so to actually beable to see portable games with that amount of brightness and 'not' having to use a bloody worm light or a lamp itself akwardly hovering over the screen which caused messy uneven lighting and reflections.... was a break through in portable gaming for me....And no, i never bothered with the GBA SP. It may have a front light, but the colors are washed out, the contrast is kind of weak and the brightness itself doesn't compare to the DS Lite's.

Also, is it me or does the DS Lite produce better vibrant and rich colors in comparison to the 3DS?

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

218. Posted:

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia Got this game by the time it came out even before I purchased the DSi. I'd say it was the best portable CV game and had arguably the best character art of any game in the series. The Sprites were beautifully fluid, the attack mechanic in the game was really well integrated and it proved to be a challenge considering the past games were tame on the difficulty rating. Playing this gets me pumped up for the next CV game for the 3DS... but then I remembered it plays like Lords of Shadow in 2D.

Literally speaking, the first DS game I played was Metroid Prime First Hunt. That forgotten Metroid game (demo?) that was bundled with the original DS phat. When I tried it out back at 2005, I was really impressed at how they managed to fit polygons in a handheld.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Chrno-x

219. Posted:

My first title was:
Another Code: Two Memories / Trace Memory - it was one of my seven titles i bought with my first Classic DS (but it was the most important I wanted to play). And it still is one of my favorite game (along with other Cing titles) in DS library :]

Nintendo "He with the best games wins"

3DS FC:
Wii FC: 7964-7540-9921-2263
MH3 ID: 12K3UQ name: Chrno
Gamertag: Chrno X360

AuthorMessage

WesFX

220. Posted:

Launch period DS buyer, and I was still a sheep of a gamer back then, so Super Mario 64 DS was my first.

WesFX